• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Staring at a Garula's butt in first person does not look fun.

That being said, the rest is fucking drop dead gorgeous.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's possible to think the game looks gorgeous while also thinking the first-person camera looks awful.

It's missing any wobble we've gotten used to. Any amount of shaking as the character moves would make it better. It's far too smooth. On top of that, I don't understand why it even exists. FFXV is one of the last games I'd think of that needs a first-person mode.

Oct 25, 2017
Weird how in this build of the game the Hairworks, Turfworks effects and Shadow Libs are incredibly evident, but not in the Benchmark that was released a few weeks ago (Garula Hairworks doesn't self shadow in the bench). How rushed was that thing?

The first person mode seems... not great. But options, even hackneyed ones, aren't a bad thing.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
the FPS mode is not to actually play in guys. its just a more accurate photo mode without noctis getting in the way of the environmental screenshots

vot2XqC.gif
Hmmm, where is this from?

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
looks nice... one thing i did notice from that video... that i never noticed in the game before... Why does Prompto and Ignis walk animation look like they are sneaking everywhere? Gladio and Noctis walk just fine, while the other two look like they are suspicious and about to do something?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Gatari franchise. Its very cerebral and out there, going into various types of art styles, pov's and pushes the suggestive line(as that gif implies), but its a great franchise.

Now navigating it is probably as daunting as Type Moo if your not a veteran lmao
Eeeeh. Watching it in release order is completely fine. Also, never actually seen it referred to as just 'Gatari', even though it makes more sense than Monogatari for the series overall I guess.

Back on topic, the first person view still seems like such a stupid idea to me. Granted, I think the game is chock full of them, but like... How the fuck is any of this going to work when you're fighting a dozen things and all you can see is giant monster ass?

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I was looking forward to first person mode but yeah, unfortunately it looks like its going to be more than a lil awkward in combat and the animations.

Thats a shame.

Magyscar

Oct 25, 2017
You'd think with how much they talk about the mouse and keyboard controls that they'd actually be using them in the video.

Still, I'm really looking forward to replaying this on PC. Really hope it doesn't disappoint, the benchmark seemed pointless.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
By the looks of it I'll be struggling to run this at max 1080/60 in my 6600/1070. Looks pretty amazing though.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
lol, that first person mode when you're running around just makes it look like you're just on a hoverboard
just sliding around with no arms

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The benchmark looked better because I could have gotten it running at 60fps

water u doin square

edit:

Nevermind holy FUCK dem Duscae upgrades doeeee

but what in the seven hells did they capture this shitty ass footage on? WTH?

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
First Person mode looks very strange during combat. Like it's an glitch or something.

Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Don't understand why they even bothered with first person. Looks horrible.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Weird how in this build of the game the Hairworks, Turfworks effects and Shadow Libs are incredibly evident, but not in the Benchmark that was released a few weeks ago (Garula Hairworks doesn't self shadow in the bench). How rushed was that thing?

The first person mode seems... not great. But options, even hackneyed ones, aren't a bad thing.
That benchmark ran awful for me. I wonder if the final game will be even worse lol

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks great. Reminds me of the footage from 2014 running on a dev pc:

We've come a long way.

It's really interesting, the IQ on that footage hasn't been seen since, but i'd say the actual game on console ended up ultimately looking better than this.

But even without the Nvidia upgrades, it's gonna be excellent to see the PC-quality assets and lighting restored on the PC version

Somni

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Looks great. Reminds me of the footage from 2014 running on a dev pc:

We've come a long way.

They finally manage to land close to this build, wow. The PC version has more lush and dense foliage, which is wonderful, but it's still not touching the lighting from that 2014 walkthrough. Some shots looked like CGI at a glance.

It's a shame the Luminous Engine was so unoptimized, I really hope Square Enix fare much better with their next engine. FFXVI is going to look absolutely gorgeous.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
  • CPU: Core i7-6700K Intel
  • RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 Corsair
  • SSD: 500GB 850 EVO Samsung
  • MOBO: Z170 ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
  • GPU: GTX 1080 TI NVIDIA
My CPU is a 7700k, and others are nearly identical. It seems that my rig will be fine with it in 1080/60 with ultra and every Nvidia effects. Good!

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
First Person mode looks very strange during combat. Like it's an glitch or something.
It's terrible, I could see why having a first person mode for exploration but first person combat just doesn't work. It should just automatically switch to third person when in combat.

Heazy

IT Tech
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK
Man this looks good but my i7 2600k / 970 combo just aint gonna cut it.
The first person mode looks horrible, game is best enjoyed by watching boyband running around.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
First Person would be interesting for exploring, but i would need an instant toggle to go back to third person for combat.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Man this looks good but my i7 2600k / 970 combo just aint gonna cut it.
The first person mode looks horrible, game is best enjoyed by watching boyband running around.

Just disable the Gameworks "features" and your machine will be fine that stuff usually tanks performance for very little gain and AMD cards like mine are SOL with it enabled anyway.

SnakeyHips

Oct 31, 2017
Wales
Yeah the 1st person mode looks like a mod rather than an actual feature. Still, nice to have it than not and the rest looks great.