• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
What I mean is I got to the part that Episode Ignis covers so I exited out of the main game and did that. Now I have arrived to the part of the main story that Episode Prompto covers so I'm going to start that up now.

I'm doing everything in chronological order since this is my second playthrough I don't have to worry about the major spoilers in Episode Ignis (don't know if Episode Prompto has any but I'm about to find out).
Ahh yeah that makes more sense it being your second play through because episode Ignis spoils the ending of the game ahha.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
There are some really well directed cutscenes in Episode Ignis too. I really wish they'd give some of the main game's a touch-up, they're super inconsistent in terms of visual quality. But I guess Royal Edition was XV's best shot of that happening.

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Finished Episode Promtpo. It's pretty neat how completely his style transforms the game even if it isn't my favourite to actually play amongst the guys. The ride upgrade system seemed pretty superfluous from how I played it but maybe there's more to it if you wander around more instead of following the critical path.

Prompto x Aranea OTP. At first when he was pining after her when we first met her in the main story I was like "lmao she's out of your league dude and probably gay anyway" but then seeing them together through this story I'm like "okay, yeah, he's totally her little twink bf in a relationship where she's super dominant.

Now I gotta watch Episode 13 verse 2 on YouTube since my Special menu is greyed out for some reason even though I've beaten Noct's drag of ep 13. Then picking the game back up with sexy punished Nocto.

I mean, there is a prompt that blatantly states that it should be played after beating the game :p

Yeah, but that's there for the Galddy and Prompto episodes too and they don't really spoil anything as long as you play them after the part of the story that they take place in.

Oct 31, 2017
Ehhh, the gameplay was janky as hell and there was no challenge aside from the extra battle that you have to unlock.

I agree about the challenge but the base gameplay is fun. Controlling Ignis felt fluid and fun. I didn't notice any jank tbh.

There are some really well directed cutscenes in Episode Ignis too. I really wish they'd give some of the main game's a touch-up, they're super inconsistent in terms of visual quality. But I guess Royal Edition was XV's best shot of that happening.

Compared to the base game yeah the cutscenes are a big step up but there's nothing impressive about EI's cutscene direction at all. As a whole XV has practically zero cinematic flair which is my biggest disappointment with the game outside of the ridiculously careless writing

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
Compared to the base game yeah the cutscenes are a big step up but there's nothing impressive about EI's cutscene direction at all. As a whole XV has practically zero cinematic flair which is my biggest disappointment with the game outside of the ridiculously careless writing

Oh, yeah, I'm talking compared to the base game here, so maybe I was sounding a bit hyperbolic there. It just makes them stand out more. (Though I do think the one from Iggy's POV is legit great.)

I'm not an expert when it comes to Final Fantasy's cutscene directors, maybe there are better ones because I wasn't too big on some of his Kingsglaive work, but Nozue's absence in the main game really stood out to me. Feels like they sacrificed the flair FF's cutscenes were known for to make the movie or something. Or maybe it was just the development cycle of the game, I'm not sure.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
I dunno man, if we're talking in game (not pre-rendered in-engine) cutscenes, Episode Ignis is really good. People never make that distinction.

Ketaya

Oct 25, 2017
Berlin
The OST Volume 2 on itunes posted before was only Part1 btw, Part 2 including music from Monster of the Deep, the festivals, the chapter 12 update and more is also available:

https://itunes.apple.com/de/album/final-fantasy-xv-original-soundtrack-volume-2-2-2/1359601100

It is just insane how huge the soundtrack for this game is now, volume 1 and 2 combined are about 12 hours in playtime, and pretty much all of it is high quality stuff, and there will most likely be a volume 3 after this years DLCs and updates to look forward to as well...

Dick Justice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Found this from dumping the textures. Wonder if they plan to implement the events again at some point, or if they're just leftovers.
bab08c7975.png

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
The OST Volume 2 on itunes posted before was only Part1 btw, Part 2 including music from Monster of the Deep, the festivals, the chapter 12 update and more is also available:

https://itunes.apple.com/de/album/final-fantasy-xv-original-soundtrack-volume-2-2-2/1359601100

It is just insane how huge the soundtrack for this game is now, volume 1 and 2 combined are about 12 hours in playtime, and pretty much all of it is high quality stuff, and there will most likely be a volume 3 after this years DLCs and updates to look forward to as well...

JxvPJnU.png

:(

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
Having just finished the game, wow that was a pretty powerful ending. The royal edition was my first time through and while I can't say that I understood every bit of the lore on my own, the main thrust of the narrative was pretty coherent outside of the really awkward gaps the DLC leaves in the game.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Jan 11, 2018
Having just finished the game, wow that was a pretty powerful ending. The royal edition was my first time through and while I can't say that I understood every bit of the lore on my own, the main thrust of the narrative was pretty coherent outside of the really awkward gaps the DLC leaves in the game.

Did you watch Brotherhood and Kingsglaive, as well as read the lore logs in the game? :)

a Question

Oct 28, 2017
I have a Q, how much unique animation people are missing in dungeons? Game has huge problems with its audio pacing, like if you sprint in dungeons characters wont shut up even for a sec or cut their previous dialogue, but after seeing this unique animation of Promto and Gladio being spooked I wonder what else is there if people were walking slowly.

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
According to the FFXV Official Works artbook that came out yesterday in Japan it sounds like Keiji Fujiwara already wrapped up voice recording for Episode Ardyn, need more accurate translation to be sure though.

Also the Director of Episode Ignis Takefumi Terada is directing Episode Ardyn and the other three upcoming DLC.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I have a Q, how much unique animation people are missing in dungeons? Game has huge problems with its audio pacing, like if you sprint in dungeons characters wont shut up even for a sec or cut their previous dialogue, but after seeing this unique animation of Promto and Gladio being spooked I wonder what else is there if people were walking slowly.

I would like to get a count on how many animations there are in total.

Out of all the party based games I've played FFXV definitely has the most "organic" feeling party in terms of how they move. Feels like I'm always seeing something new or there's just so many animations for each character that I forget that I've seen one by the time it ends up repeating.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I know older Noctis have totally different face structure than young one but outside of that how different old models are? I feel like Gladio got bigger

I don't think they are different considering they'd have to redo animations, or else it'd be available in FF15 itself for post-game. I think the main issue is that Square Enix would want Bamco to put new intros/outros for Punished Noctis

a Question

Oct 28, 2017
According to the FFXV Official Works artbook that came out yesterday in Japan it sounds like Keiji Fujiwara already wrapped up voice recording for Episode Ardyn, need more accurate translation to be sure though.

Also the Director of Episode Ignis Takefumi Terada is directing Episode Ardyn and the other three upcoming DLC.

Hold on episodes are done by different directors? I thought Tabata was working on them

a Question

Oct 28, 2017
I would like to get a count on how many animations there are in total.

Out of all the party based games I've played FFXV definitely has the most "organic" feeling party in terms of how they move. Feels like I'm always seeing something new or there's just so many animations for each character that I forget that I've seen one by the time it ends up repeating.

Perhaps animation is the only thing that got through without changes, you look at older videos of FF versus 13 and those Noctis animation are there.

Its not surprising by how much animations is there after considering 10 year development.

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hold on episodes are done by different directors? I thought Tabata was working on them
Tabata hasn't directed any of the post launch XV content and instead is producer on them, he's been busy with his new IP.

Kenichi Shida was director of Episode Gladio and Episode Prompto. Kenichi Shida was Game Section Design Manager on the main game.

Tohya was co-director on Episode Prompto, I couldn't find anyone named "Tohya" in the main game credits but there was someone named "Tsukasa Toya" that was out of four people who are credited for "Battle: Niflheim", so I think it may be a romanization error on the "Tohya/Toya" part, and he was probably on it because of his involvement in creating Niflheim enemy content.

Takatsugu Nakazawa was Director for the free update content and I believe he was also director for the Royal Pack DLC. He was Battle Director and RPG System Planner/System Designer on the main game, he was also a battle planner on FF7, FF8, FF10 and battle director on FF10-2.

Kazuya Takahashi Directed Comrades and he was part of the "Quest" team on the main game, also credited on FF9, FF10 and FF14ARR for various artwork roles.

Takefumi Terada who directed Episode Ignis and is directing Episode Ardyn was one of many credited as involved in "Boss Battles" on the main game and he was also an event planner on Crisis Core.

Last edited:

a Question

Oct 28, 2017
Tabata hasn't directed any of the post launch XV content and instead is producer on them, he's been busy with his new IP.

Kenichi Shida was director of Episode Gladio and Episode Prompto. Kenichi Shida was Game Section Design Manager on the main game.

Tohya was co-director on Episode Prompto, I couldn't find anyone named "Tohya" in the main game credits but there was someone named "Tsukasa Toya" that was out of four people who are credited for "Battle: Niflheim", so I think it may be a romanization error on the "Tohya/Toya" part.

Takatsugu Nakazawa was Director for the free update content and I believe he was also director for the Royal Pack DLC. He was Battle Director and RPG System Planner/System Designer on the main game, he was also a battle planner on FF7, FF8, FF10 and battle director on FF10-2.

Kazuya Takahashi Directed Comrades and he was part of the "Quest" team on the main game, also credited on FF9, FF10 and FF14ARR for various artwork roles.

So Tabata did vanilla FF15 while those people were responsible for making fixes on core game? So crucial fight mechanics such as Characters switches are on those guys?

Bazztek

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Tabata did vanilla FF15 while those people were responsible for making fixes on core game? So crucial fight mechanics such as Characters switches are on those guys?
Well Tabata is still in charge of the Division as a whole and he is credited as Producter on all the new content, but more or less yeah it's those other devs from XV who've been implementating those updates and changes, but Tabata is still involved but not as much as he was on the main game.

a Question

Oct 28, 2017
Well Tabata is still in charge of the Division as a whole and he is credited as Producter on all the new content, but more or less yeah it's those other devs from XV who've been implementating those updates and changes, but Tabata is still involved but not as much as he was on the main game.
I dont blame the guy, after fixing Nomura's mess with little time and obviously still trying to find direction on the game he sure got burned out. Though now I feel bad for those doods since people will citi the praises on royal edition to Tabata.

principal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 14, 2018
Is there a 100% save game?

I brought the game because of the graphics. But I've already finished the game and put in over 80hrs on PS4.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember the little skits in the first release when you get a prompt such as Gladiolus telling you to check out a flyer in Lestallum. Now I know what he likes drinking.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a 100% save game?

I brought the game because of the graphics. But I've already finished the game and put in over 80hrs on PS4.

I admit I looked for and found a gamesave when I brought it on PC, I put well over 200 hours into the console version, wanted to be able to replay certain chapters or hunts without having to play through the whole game again.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NmngwvycVqKbJ214faWdHE3mwkpyZ_-I/view

Not mine, got it from the steam forums,
http://steamcommunity.com/app/637650/discussions/0/1697167803857764870/
Although the game is completed I still had to redo the last chapter to unlock the chapter select.

Celcius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It took me 2 hours but I defeated the Omega weapon at lv 86.
I like the combat system but as long as you don't run out of items I'm not sure it's possible to loose a fight...

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I know older Noctis have totally different face structure than young one but outside of that how different old models are? I feel like Gladio got bigger

He's slightly taller.

A few of the animations do play out differently, but it's mostly just because the animations are partially AI driven and Noctis is taller

Why was Episode Ignis so good?

where is the real officefan99 and what have you done with him you monster

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Now that I'm done with the character DLCs, I'm wondering if I should bother with Comrades at all. The reviews are far from encouraging. I'm especially worried about the abundance of grinding which pretty much every single review mentions. I would have to do it solo, too. Wouldn't I be better off doing the post game dungeons instead?

Oct 31, 2017
Played Episode Ignis, Chapters 10-11 and part of 12, some hunts, and Crestholm. I had a lot of fun today.

And honestly even though Chapters 10-14 are very rushed they're easily my favorite part of the main story. I love the atmosphere.

It's gonna be another slow week for me, gotta basically stay home because I'm not feeling well. Looking forward to the boatload of content I still need to go through :-)

(and I'm also stalling having to shed $15 for the Royal Pack)

principal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 14, 2018
I admit I looked for and found a gamesave when I brought it on PC, I put well over 200 hours into the console version, wanted to be able to replay certain chapters or hunts without having to play through the whole game again.

Not mine, got it from the steam forums
Thanks mate.

Oct 26, 2017
Played Episode Ignis, Chapters 10-11 and part of 12, some hunts, and Crestholm. I had a lot of fun today.

And honestly even though Chapters 10-14 are very rushed they're easily my favorite part of the main story. I love the atmosphere.

It's gonna be another slow week for me, gotta basically stay home because I'm not feeling well. Looking forward to the boatload of content I still need to go through :-)

(and I'm also stalling having to shed $15 for the Royal Pack)

Should probably get Royal Pack before you get to Chapter 14 since from what impressions I've read it massively changes Chapter 14 for the better. I think it should take effect without having to start a new playthrough since you're not there yet.

Can anyone confirm if that's how it works?

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
I want an Iris demonslayer episode.
On another note were the Lunafreya's scene with Ravnus and the god's messenger added, or they were in the vanilla game? remember reading about how robotic she was, and thought those scenes kind of gave her depth.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
The scene with
Ravus in Altissia presented as a flashback? That was originally in the game. I think the scene in the field of flowers was also included, but the second half of it between Lunafreya and Gentiana was added in a patch.