• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Did you ever clean your PS5?

This happened to me when I played Miles Morales, console straight up turn off, no message. Turned out that PSU was clogged with dust making the system to overheat!

Every major release, I clean up my PS5 never had any problem afterward.
I just gave it a quick clean, but I didn't go any further than removing the plates and trying to suck up dust out of the dust catchers. Gonna play more and see if the message comes up again. If it does, I'll get more thorough with the cleaning.

Overheating message???
Yeah, was fighting the Morbol when my PS5 showed a message saying to turn the system off and wait for it to cool down. It's just weird to me because it's never come up while playing stuff like Demon's Souls, Ghost of Tsushima, FF7 Remake, or anything else.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Playing the Eikonic Challenge, this is definitely going to take some getting used to. I have to unlearn some DMC habits and learn how to make use of the Eikon switching. Its really fucking fun though and there's definitely strategy on when to use what ability.

Iron_Maw

Banned
Nov 4, 2021
I think my guys Tyler and Wade had it worse though, wiped out by Joshua, who they were just trying to protect lol

Knew they would get got but still sucked cause I actually liked them
[Yeah those two good too. I'm really just sad them all die, especially the way they did. Just straight up domino of one bad thing after another /SPOILER]

Helmhold

Dec 7, 2022
Is the demo the beginning of the game? I'd rather not jump into a random spot and have things spoiled for me.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
my only complaint is no Japanese Lip-syncing and motion-blur during camera movements. Otherwise, the demo felt real good.
Hopefully they patch in an option to tone it down the motion blur after release.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
All the performance mode complaints make me wonder how much better it would perform if there were just less particle effects.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Is the demo the beginning of the game? I'd rather not jump into a random spot and have things spoiled for me.

The first part of the demo is the very beginning and save transfers to full release.

After that you have a challenge mission of the Fort siege mission they've shown off before that is set a few hours in. That's standalone in the sense that it's not progress that transfers over.

Helmhold

Dec 7, 2022
The first part of the demo is the very beginning and save transfers to full release.

After that you have a challenge mission of the Fort siege mission they've shown off before that is set a few hours in. That's standalone in the sense that it's not progress that transfers over.
OK cool thanks for the info.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
finished the story demo. It's amazing and just what I've wanted. I'm so ready to be fully in. God it's going to be such a long wait.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Combat's fun and the story is interesting

But it looks awful in performance mode, I wasn't planning on getting it day 1 anyway so hopefully some patches help

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck this Medieval Ninja is fun lmao. Interesting you can grab enemies and throw them down with Garuda when they hit the half-way point on the will guage.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
so… I played this on a LG C1 with brightness set to 5.

And outside the very first room of the challenge mission… did anyone find the Fort actually fairly bright? Like I had zero visibility issues.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Wow, this is really good story wise. I'm hooked a few minutes in.

The english dub is fantastic too.

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
Really enjoyed the demo. Was really surprised at the quality of the writing so far and the story has me hooked already. Combat also feels really good and it seems like there is a lot of room for depth.

As other have said though, game is a shitshow technical wise. Played on performance mode and it definitely wasn't a stable 60, especially in the city area. Hopefully it gets fixed up for the final release.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
So what's the recommendation, quality or performance?
I'd start in performance and see if it bothers you. The outside of combat parts where bugging me enough that I decided to change and the consistency with quality was better for me, but performance wasn't like super bad and quality has real strong motion blur that can be a bit much.

Suntzupp

Mar 26, 2022
Playing in performance mode. I became more immune to notice any framerate, shimmering issues so can't comment on that but my god they delivered on the dark high fantasy premise with such confidence that I can already feel that this game will make into several GoTY lists. Those magic attacks/spells in cutscenes look incredible. I took many screenshots for wallpapers. Coming to combat I just killed Morbol boss with less effort and so far I love the combat even with the limited skill set I can see where it goes. This game really reached my sky high expectations.

Oct 25, 2017
The void
Finished the main demo, not bothering with the Eikonic one. I wasn't very hyped for this game before but now I can't wait to play it! The story is interesting and I enjoyed the battle system. I just hope there's a little more exploration in the future and that it doesn't just feel like a hallway or corridor to the next cutscene.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the Eikonic Challenge. I am bad at this game lol. But I got my shit together in the end, I just need to play slower and less button mashy. Enemies are very far from sponges too, they melt with the eikon moves so you need to choose whether to use the abilities to get them to stagger or save them for burst.

oty

Feb 28, 2023
Finished the main demo, not bothering with the Eikonic one. I wasn't very hyped for this game before but now I can't wait to play it! The story is interesting and I enjoyed the battle system. I just hope there's a little more exploration in the future and that it doesn't just feel like a hallway or corridor to the next cutscene.
there's 4 big zones in the full game. there's some bits of gameplay in them in the internet if you want to risk watching

Has anyone who's playing the game for review hinted about the frame-rate in the final build?
nope. i imagine demo feedback is the most important thing tho

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
This feels like a completely different IP tbh I won't lie. Don't really get the final fantasy vibe from it when playing. Don't know how to feel about that

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
All the performance mode complaints make me wonder how much better it would perform if there were just less particle effects.
Honestly wish there was a way to turn them off or reduce them, because they not only hurt performance but also visual clarity, yeah I like pretty sparkles sometimes but not exactly at the cost of the game itself haha

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
How is the performance? Currently at work and have to wait about 6h until I can play it. Performance mode seems to be unstable from what I heard but is fidelity mode at least stable?

Vic20

Nov 10, 2019
Can't stop playing the combat demo, titan can kill staggered enemies so easily , combining wicked wheel with upheaval and then finishing it off with wind-up basically had me skipping the final fight.

Suntzupp

Mar 26, 2022
cant play for awhile, how is combat compare to ff7r?
It depends. I like both but I am biased towards more actiony combat in this game. It took away the things I don't like in FF7R combat like potion management, ATB meter and have more flashy special abilities that you can perform anytime without worrying about it. It feels so good and better dodging enemy attacks/ parrying and then countering them. You can definitely slay a boss without taking a damage while it is impossible to do so in FF7R