• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lorul2

Jan 4, 2018

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
It took quite a while after REMAKE exclusivity period ended before it even appeared on PC anyway right? And still not on Xbox?

I don't think Square is even in a rush to get these games on other platforms, they're happy to take Sony's paycheck and then take their time to port anyway

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
It took quite a while after REMAKE exclusivity period ended before it even appeared on PC anyway right? And still not on Xbox?

I don't think Square is even in a rush to get these games on other platforms, they're happy to take Sony's paycheck and then take their time to port anyway
Yeah, Yoshi-P even said not to expect the PC version immediately when the PS5 exclusivity ends because they still have work to do on it.

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I thought there was already a topic on this. This likely means PC ports.

Plus, Remake's exclusivity lasted a lot longer then was put on the trailers. It's not like a PC version just pops into existence the day the exclusivity ends.

Oct 30, 2017

yeah it's not like they're going to have other versions ready to go on new years' day

biglo25

Apr 28, 2020
i'm just goint to assume it means PC that is next and keep expectations verrrrrrrrry low

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
We knew this too! Square's working on the PC version atm. Expecting Xbox development to start after they're done with that

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
im sure itll come to xbox at the same at as ff7r

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Legend has it Xbox users are still waiting for FF7R...

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020

I think most people are thinking they are going to wait to release the Remake trilogy on Xbox after every part is out and get a big Game Pass package deal. 16 is anyone's guess, though

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
It's forever crazy to me when people assume the end of the exclusivity period means SE is champing at the bit to release on Xbox ASAP.

Seems clear to me that SE is not and never has been in a hurry when it comes to releasing on other platforms as soon as they "can".

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Just hope it's not an Epic exclusive.

Apr 6, 2022
I make alone on this but I don't count releasing on PC as not being exclusive. It's just a completely different market

AppleMIX

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I really wish Sony/Square-Enix would stop the exclusivity bullshit.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Yoshida himself said to not expect other versions to come out as soon as exclusivity ends because these things take time.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Once upon a time (i.e.before the game launched) I would have been happy to hear this. But after following the impressions for a while, I'm in no rush to play it.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I wouldn't expect ANY new FF on Xbox until we get word that FF7R Intergrade is coming to the platform.

I don't see anything popping off until the oldest title of the 3 is confirmed.

I think the shorter timeframe for exclusivity is just a case of Sony & Square realizing they don't need longer. Since the teams aren't big enough to have other versions ready within that window anyway while still holding open the door for Square if they manage to get a PC port done just slightly before the 1 year window so they don't have to sit on a effectively completed port.

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
Pc version took a year and a couple of months cause of intergrade extended another 6 months, the dlc for ff16 could do the same

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
SE ain't gonna do a damn thing unless Phil cuts that check.

Though with XIV coming over the check probably already cleared and it's just about timing after the exclusivty period ending.

Incubuster

Oct 30, 2017
These dates mean little honestly. It's not like Square has ever had another version waiting to be released the day after the deals expire. Remake took a full year to release on PC after initial release and that was after the PS5 version too. Granted that was a console launch year but still.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't mean shit. It's been known that FFXVI will be put out on PC at the very least.

Also, who the hell is Idle Sloth?

Ryu Akechi

Jun 2, 2021

View: https://twitter.com/IdleSloth84_/status/1733123382156120321?t=5hyddnxfPRA_ufST65O3PQ&s=19

Thread about Final Fantasy VII 3 Month Exclusivity Here
www.resetera.com

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth is a 3 month exclusive PS5 title (UP: Still 3-Months as of latest trailer)

Why not go for 6 months if you know other versions won't be ready ? Either they have a small window because they want to release elsewhere as soon as possible or they have a small window because it's the best they could get.

When they say that, does that means Square is allowed to announce a release date?

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
We've known the exclusivity deal is 6 months for ages, and Yoshi-P already commented on this, it's not like the PC version (or any other version) will just drop on January 1st.