Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
June 22 sounds gooooood to me but yeah… that's around when I was expecting Starfield to land. Between that, Zelda, and FF it's gonna be a wild summer

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
June 22 is perfect. I think I've seen enough footage from this but I know I won't be able to resist seeing the new stuff at the VGAs.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Bets on what will be shown?
  • Trailer like the previous ones (fast cuts for story and gameplay).
  • Story-only trailer (CG or in-engine).
  • Gameplay video (think FF VII Remake at E3 2019, whether it's live or not).
I think it's definitely the first option: they'll have a massive audience that don't know or care about FF to sell their game to, so probably a trailer similar to, idk, the second one.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
I do think they're probably planning to have Yoshida okay some of it because if the wording of "live presentation."

Either way though, I think there'll be the release date trailer and that will be Clive + exploration.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I do think they're probably planning to have Yoshida okay some of it because if the wording of "live presentation."

Either way though, I think there'll be the release date trailer and that will be Clive + exploration.
Did you mean to say "play" instead of "okay"? 🤔

I'm hoping for Clive and exploration stuff. And party members being shown in combat and exploration would be nice too.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Bets on what will be shown?
  • Trailer like the previous ones (fast cuts for story and gameplay).
  • Story-only trailer (CG or in-engine).
  • Gameplay video (think FF VII Remake at E3 2019, whether it's live or not).
I think it's definitely the first option: they'll have a massive audience that don't know or care about FF to sell their game to, so probably a trailer similar to, idk, the second one.
Yea, I think this'll be another "blockbuster" trailer considering the venue.

I think we'll have to wait until next April or May before we can see the actual gameplay loop.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Well, the tweet implies Yoshida is there to talk. Why is there a need for him to be on stage if they are showing another trailer that ends with a date?

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
YoshiP on stage demoing the game for 10 minutes straight, no cuts!

THE DREAM!
86d683858a59a8b1f9378d0ae16b935c.gif

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Well, the tweet implies Yoshida is there to talk. Why is there a need for him to be on stage if they are showing another trailer that ends with a date?

Honestly, if it was JUST a trailer, I'm not sure they would've even mentioned it before the show. The Twitter account RTd this, so they really want people to watch it too.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
It's been driving me crazy wondering what YoshiP is even gonna say. He's not likely to talk to Geoff directly as he's not comfortable enough with English though it's entirely possible. I doubt he'd talk through a translator. I highly doubt it's a ten minute long thing. No one ever does that at TGA except maybe the closing event which... They would not tell us that in advance I think.

I'd like to think they have an announcement that's not in the trailer that they wouldn't want leaking ahead of time (ideas below). It would be entirely too bizarre for him to fly all the way there just to show the trailer, announce the date, say "Please look forward to it," and leave. Is he Skyping into the show from Japan or some shit? If he's truly in LA, is he intent on giving in person interviews to American media outlets while he is here?

Possible ideas for additional announcements/things:
  • FF35th Anniversary event before the end of the year
  • Demo version available in the spring
  • Announcement of plans to release for PC at the end of 2023
But none of that stuff seems to require him to be there.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
It's been driving me crazy wondering what YoshiP is even gonna say. He's not likely to talk to Geoff directly as he's not comfortable enough with English though it's entirely possible. I doubt he'd talk through a translator. I highly doubt it's a ten minute long thing. No one ever does that at TGA except maybe the closing event which... They would not tell us that in advance I think.

I'd like to think they have an announcement that's not in the trailer that they wouldn't want leaking ahead of time (ideas below). It would be entirely too bizarre for him to fly all the way there just to show the trailer, announce the date, say "Please look forward to it," and leave. Is he Skyping into the show from Japan or some shit? If he's truly in LA, is he intent on giving in person interviews to American media outlets while he is here?

Geoff said the longest trailer or presentation is 4-5 minutes long. If YoshiP is there it could be likely he's not only presenting the FFXVI release date trailer but also picking up the award for FFXIV which is nominated?

ED Cantu

Oct 28, 2017
He might not even be there in person, probably will just be a video message.
But wasn't it called a "live presentation"? Normally I would interpret that as he being there in person, also like Simo said maybe he'll be there to pick an award too so it'll be killing two birds with one stone.

What I'm hoping is that he will present a new trailer with the release date and then announce the different editions available for the game and that preorders are/will be live after that, and maybe he will accept an award for FFXIV.

mlk1227

Jan 31, 2021

We could def cross off the last bullet. The six month window means they can't even officially announce other ports until after that 6 months is up and even then it could be another 6 months to a year for a PC announcement/release.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
But wasn't it called a "live presentation"? Normally I would interpret that as he being there in person, also like Simo said maybe he'll be there to pick an award too so it'll be killing two birds with one stone.

What I'm hoping is that he will present a new trailer with the release date and then announce the different editions available for the game and that preorders are/will be live after that, and maybe he will accept an award for FFXIV.

I think it could just as well mean a live video message, but we'll have to see on the day.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
Nobody told me the team already confirmed moogles are in !!!! Can't wait to see them. Ff14 moogles are my favourite design wise.
I don't think I can justify buying a ps5 since FF16 is the only game I am super hype about but just for the laughs I tried to see how "easy" it is right now to buy one in France and...well, out of stock everywhere outside of scalper at insane prices.

ergoakari

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
It's interesting with YoshiP... he's kind of on a trajectory to take the reigns of Sakaguchi (in my mind he already has) as "the" heart of the series. Him being at the event and on stage and _not_ showing something meaningful for his first fully fledged single player FF game would be.. shocking? That's much more unlikely. This game is going to be big, like it has potential to be one of the biggest PS5 games of it's lifetime, it's not an expansion to FF14 (which to me is even more enjoyable than a mainline game) but trying to rationalize how big a deal this is.
The difference between him and say, Kojima is -- Kojima is more of an industry icon (Yoshi is growing) but at the moment Kojima being at an event surely doesn't mean he'll talk about his game, it could be an award or whatever.. Yoshi just doesn't have that yet, maybe after 16.
I'm stoked, I really think we'll get a release date. The PS5 is not very successful in JP so I expect a big western focused media push for this.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Nobody told me the team already confirmed moogles are in !!!! Can't wait to see them. Ff14 moogles are my favourite design wise.
I don't think I can justify buying a ps5 since FF16 is the only game I am super hype about but just for the laughs I tried to see how "easy" it is right now to buy one in France and...well, out of stock everywhere outside of scalper at insane prices.

I do hope we see the moogles soon. That and that Byron character that apparently brings some levity to the game. Everything so far has been super serious. Some goofy FF-ness would be nice to see like a tonberry or sidecontent like chocobo racing.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
I do hope we see the moogles soon. That and that Byron character that apparently brings some levity to the game. Everything so far has been super serious. Some goofy FF-ness would be nice to see like a tonberry or sidecontent like chocobo racing.
Based on what we saw of the chocobos, I expect the moogles to have a less "cute" look (although I really hope they still are rather cute fluffballs). Chocobos look rather fierce in this game, I can't remember a mainline FF where they looked that fierce.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I love Ivalice's Moogles, so I'm all for a more realistic or proportioned look. I have said this before (so have others), but a fairy-like approach could be cool.

FF IX Moogles are still the best in any case.

Neutron

Jun 2, 2022
Based on what we saw of the chocobos, I expect the moogles to have a less "cute" look (although I really hope they still are rather cute fluffballs). Chocobos look rather fierce in this game, I can't remember a mainline FF where they looked that fierce.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV5rIW1Qums&t=38s

I dunno - referencing 48s in the trailer, they're wearing armor (like they did in the XII intro) but aside from that I think they're just the regular chocobo design underneath?

As for moogles, given that we haven't seen them at all so far, I assume that they won't be casually wandering around the cities like XII. In which case they're probably more 'magical', hidden off in the forests of the world - most humans probably don't know they exist. In which case I kinda expect them to have a pretty classic fairytale design.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019

I dunno - referencing 48s in the trailer, they're wearing armor (like they did in the XII intro) but aside from that I think they're just the regular chocobo design underneath?

As for moogles, given that we haven't seen them at all so far, I assume that they won't be casually wandering around the cities like XII. In which case they're probably more 'magical', hidden off in the forests of the world - most humans probably don't know they exist. In which case I kinda expect them to have a pretty classic fairytale design.

tbf we haven't seen much of a city

Neutron

Jun 2, 2022
tbf we haven't seen much of a city

We've seen them from afar and close-up. We haven't seen a streetscape per se - I'd love for there to be other fantasy races walking around ala IX and XII, but I feel like we'd have seen some kind of creature chilling in the background of a throne scene or running/flying/rolling panicked from an Eikon attack by now if that were the case.

Last edited:

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
I love Ivalice's Moogles, so I'm all for a more realistic or proportioned look. I have said this before (so have others), but a fairy-like approach could be cool.

FF IX Moogles are still the best in any case.
Because I was introduced to Moogles via FFVI, anything based on the Amano version of Mog/Moogles are ones I love. I love FFXIV's Moogles and love FFIX's Moogles. I still say you can make Moogles look realistic and retain that look as well:

- Body of a stout, pudgy bear cub that's proportioned more human-like (bears have long front limbs, so shorter), or to say more simpler, teddy bear/Ewok-esque (just in shape). Articulate paws able to grab hold of things/weapons and such.
brown-bear-cubs.jpg
latest
latest

^^^[I wouldn't be against them wearing unique clothing that shows the "Moogle culture", similar to Nopons in Xenoblade Chronicles. I would absolutely LOVE there to be a Moogle culture in this game!]

- Head of that is a mix between a sleeping Koala and a sleeping cat (both animals have similar sleeping eyes), reddish Koala nose, and white cat ears.
koala_phys.jpg
eb6b8eddac277ecc6f78f5824be4e7df--baby-koala-koala-bears.jpg
64747913-white-cat-sleeping-on-the-ground.jpg

- Bat wings on their backs, possibly taking design inspiration from the wings of the Flying Fox. Moogles are white and keeping with that, here's a pic of an albino Flying Fox because... Flying Foxes are frickin' adorable!
This%2Brare%2Bwhite%2Bflying%2Bfox%2Bis%2Bthe%2Bcutest%2Bthing%2Byoull%2Bsee%2Ball%2Bweek4.jpg

- The most fantastical element about a Moogle is the single pom-pom thingy they got on their heads, which if the rest of the Moogle looks great, I think it's easy to swallow such a feature without having your emersion shaken.

Last edited:

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing the Moogles have the classic look to them and are somewhat secretive and fairy-like, as in XIV.

Towns are the actual biggest question mark of the whole thing, I think.

BorganXI

Oct 27, 2017
WA
Gonna need to be ready to preorder the special edition during or after the awards show huh ?

Will sell out fast.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Geoff confirmed he'll be there in person.

Oh cool, I didn't know he actually confirmed that to be the case.

That only happens if it's like the super duper collectors edition running around $200 or more. If it's just a normal deluxe type thing it won't sell out.

It's definitely gonna have the $300 collector's edition just like every other major SE game. That's the one you're gonna have to rush to order.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France

Chocobos have a more menacing face compared to past entry I think, they remind me of shoebill birds.
30.jpeg

FF16-4.jpg

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
3 days before new footage eh.

1 year ago before Endwalker released I was in full hype mode. XVI is starting to be that.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
3 days before new footage eh.

1 year ago before Endwalker released I was in full hype mode. XVI is starting to be that.
I hope they go full hype mode for the new trailer/footage : party members, moogles, cities, riding chocobo in-game, vast fields and so on. What we saw so far was heavily action and story oriented. I want to see more of the exploration aspect.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
I just found out Melodies of Life has a Japanese version. I always thought it was only in one language, much like how Eyes on Me was English only and Suteki Da Ne was Japanese only. And it makes me want another original love song for an FF. Maybe if Clive and Jill get into a romantic relationship.

Neutron

Jun 2, 2022
I just found out Melodies of Life has a Japanese version. I always thought it was only in one language, much like how Eyes on Me was English only and Suteki Da Ne was Japanese only. And it makes me want another original love song for an FF. Maybe if Clive and Jill get into a romantic relationship.

Try the Compilation 20020220 version - it's so gentle it's almost like a lullaby:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lloT81n3avo&list=PLEE828E399DE8856F&index=13

And the Silent Mix (though it's in English):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6c3reD84ks

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Kiss Me Good-Bye also has a Japanese version
www.youtube.com

Kiss Me Good-Bye

Provided to YouTube by Sony Music Labels Inc.Kiss Me Good-Bye · Angela AkiHome℗ 2006 Epic Records Japan Inc.Released on: 2006-06-14Composer: Nobuo UematsuArr...

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
2 freaking days. Please give me some gameplay that can hold me over. Exploration and activities. Something to analyze. We're good on the eikon cinematics.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Half a day to go before you drop that cool $300 on a collector's edition you don't need but absolutely must have

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder what what the CE will include. Best case scenario is Ifrit vs Phoenix statue, meh would be Clive Play Arts Kai figure and worst would be a giant crystal with light.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I kinda want it to be Play Arts Clive, but that's just because I really want to see how it'll look like lol. It'd be better to have something more unique, yeah.

I wonder what what the CE will include. Best case scenario is Ifrit vs Phoenix statue, meh would be Clive Play Arts Kai figure and worst would be a giant crystal with light.
Worst would be the book too 😃. At least if it can't be opened.

Neutron

Jun 2, 2022
Half a day to go before you drop that cool $300 on a collector's edition you don't need but absolutely must have

Better yet - $300 plus scalper's fees (or maybe overseas personal shopper's fees if I'm quick) because for some insane reason the Square Enix Store is stuck in the year 2000 and doesn't ship everywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.