• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
You know, for all the internet is thirsting for Annabella Rosfield's blood right now, I could see the game having a moment where Clive spares her as he begins to move on from being focused on revenge.

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
Going for 92-94.

Regardless, I won't accept XVI scoring lower than Tales of Arise. I refuse. The demo alone crushes that game.

ChaserX

Nov 1, 2017
Miami, FL
logo_ff7_en-0e853c0274f5900f22928c78f232402f66c6f9b88bb05de5564439d406251c18.png

VII Days Left
Just gotta do a week.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
bruh even Hasan was goaded into playing it and loved it and he's basically a normie who barely knows about final fantasy
FFXVI is something special, I can't believe they were cooking for this long with this demo
they knew what they had when they told us that they wanted to keep it close to release

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
bruh even Hasan was goaded into playing it and loved it and he's basically a normie who barely knows about final fantasy
FFXVI is something special, I can't believe they were cooking for this long with this demo
they knew what they had when they told us that they wanted to keep it close to release

Wait, Hasanabi?

Sep 6, 2022
This reveal trailer was from 3 years ago.
3 years and the only major thing that has changed in that time is the huge glow-up the graphics received, that's it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr6PtdY0i7M

You know this game's development has been smooth as hell when they had that banger of a prologue finished 3-4 years ago.

"The legacy of troubled development, has shaped our history, for long enough"

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
And you know what? At the end of the day, it's worth it for the chance to see if it can get sci-fi enthusiast guy to walk out of the game "ya know, I don't care for this medieval stuff usually, but this game was pretty rad". Dollars to donuts that probably won't happen, but I think we should always leave the door open for that possibility. To this game's credit, I've already seen a few streams from people who are typically not interested in JRPGs or even story based games in general freak out about how much they loved the demo.

Yeah, that's another thing. It can be useful and interesting to hear from someone who isn't exactly predisposed to like something.

As long as you're engaging honestly, I'm good faith, that's a perspective with merit.

There are no working writers worth reading that subscribe to any of these ideas about "objectivity" or w/e, but this is why I don't really go into review threads on here.

AEF1907

Fallen Guardian Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 18, 2021

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
Is this going to have any pre-load? Do we know the release pattern? I currently have a pretty open day next Thursday but if it won't actually be available until like 19:00 CEST then that doesn't help me :p

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Going for 92-94.

Regardless, I won't accept XVI scoring lower than Tales of Arise. I refuse. The demo alone crushes that game.
I have a soft spot for Tales of Arise. The story went off rails like MOST JRPGS but the beginning was so good and I enjoyed the characters. And don't get me wrong. The demo for FFXVI was amazing lol

Sep 6, 2022
Just realized there is 1 week left before the game launches, which means that it's around this time that physical copies start to circulate and people get their hands on the game early.

Which means spoilers are gonna start flooding the internet.

Time for me to set up my Youtube extensions and filter out anything that has "Final Fantasy" or "XVI" in it's name.
Did the same thing when God of War: Ragnarok was right around the corner.

Last thing I want is to stumble across a video titled "Final Fantasy XVI: Final Boss Fight" or something like that, before the game releases.

You know some asshole who finishes the game early and who wants those juicy clicks before launch will put up a video like that and the Youtube algorithm is going to screw so many people over by recommending it to them, completely unprovoked.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
I remember he saw the trailer for it at the PS showcase this year and was completely disinterested.

He didn't even know FF games were unrelated.

Curious to see the peak Twitch numbers for this game when this releases.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This reveal trailer was from 3 years ago.
3 years and the only major thing that has changed in that time is the huge glow-up the graphics received, that's it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr6PtdY0i7M

You know this game's development has been smooth as hell when they had that banger of a prologue finished 3-4 years ago.

"The legacy of troubled development, has shaped our history, for long enough"

Man this trailer really was just 95% the prologue, lol.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Thisiswherethefunbegins.gif

I mean....not really but this will be fascinating to watch, FF launches are always a barrel of laughs.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
About side quests, if people want to know:

They're actually in two tiers like FFXIV. There are menial ones like what you've seen in previews, but there's also another specially marked kind that can unlock gameplay things. They have lore and/or character development. Most of them are voiced.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

They're actually in two tiers like FFXIV. There are menial ones like what you've seen in previews, but there's also another specially marked kind that can unlock gameplay things. They have lore and/or character development. Most of them are voiced.
sounds good to me

Nariya36

Jun 7, 2023

I just read in famitsu that the marked ones give you good upgrades and stuff, and there are other types of marked ones that give you lore or smth? it's really cool how they let you know what kind of side quest it is before you decide to put the time into it
[/QUOTE]

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah I remember I read this or they spoke about it. Like one of them
increases the amount of potions you can carry
. Good stuff. I like this.

Yeah. He was completely sold on the game after the demo. Ludwig just finished the Prologue and their jaws were dropped for minutes during the ending.

That's wild! Most people follow Hasan for political commentary so that's a good chunk of casual players too which is awesome.

Sep 6, 2022

That sounds great.

Syne

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Feb 5, 2023
UK
Yeah I think it's time to clear the YouTube watch history and start clicking not interested on every FF video that pops up.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017

Oh nice, glad to hear that.

Status
Not open for further replies.