The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
flag_crystalline.png
flag_dhalmekian.png
flag_iron.png
flag_rosaria.png
flag_sanbreque.png
flag_waloed.png

So good. I would consider hanging cloth replicas on my wall...

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
Takahashi's art is absolutely breathtaking -- my eyes have been blessed. FFXVI's world building sounds intriguing (+ Eikon hints!), and it's great to have confirmation that the protagonist and Joshua are indeed brothers.

...but Clive?

GoU8.gif

Clive is not quite the name I was expecting for the FFXVI protagonist, lol. It's fine to have a more grounded name after Lightning and Noctis... but Clive?!

Leaked dev meeting conversations :

" Guys, we want it to be Ivalice and Eorzea but not Ivalice and Eorzea so we are free from canon. What do we do ?
- Called it Valisthea, nobody will notice.
- Genius. Done. "

Also :

" what is exotic fancy architecture ?
- Paris.
- Also Venice.
- But we already did Venice in XV ?
- Yeah but it was a waste and this is too good to pass on.
- Okay, let's do Paris on top of Venice canals then ?
- Yeah, but don't forget Crytals. Like, GIANT CRYSTALS. "

50542209717_17903636c7_o.png

Amazing, lol.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Just from reading the lore and seeing the concept art... I think this game needs a song sung by Susan Calloway in the vein of Dragonsong.

demu

AVALANCHE
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
1. Nothing wrong with "Clive"
2. Having so many factions is exciting
3. I hope we will see a lot of this world
4. Jill for sure is the dominant of Shiva
5. Zidane is the best MC in the franchise

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Takahashi's art is absolutely breathtaking -- my eyes have been blessed. FFXVI's world building sounds intriguing (+ Eikon hints!), and it's great to have confirmation that the protagonist and Joshua are indeed brothers.

...but Clive?

GoU8.gif

Clive is not quite the name I was expecting for the FFXVI protagonist, lol. It's fine to have a more grounded name after Lightning and Noctis... but Clive?!
73583_original.gif

Golbez

Oct 20, 2020
I'm still expecting this to be connected to XIV somehow. Wishful thinking, yeah, but this whole thing - the art, the world, that map - just screams XIV and Eorzea to me lol

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Ok prediction time.

The Crystalline Dominion actually has an Eikon whose Dominant is who is in cahoots with the Pope/Holy Emperor of Sanbreque because the Pope is ALWAYS evil. The Pope gets killed by the end when betrayed by them. The Iron Kingdom actually has a Dominant they didn't kill and they either join us or lend us their power and somehow escape being killed, we play a role.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Wish the characters looked closer to the concept art at least in tone because there a big tonal shift in characters from concept to keyart.

Not that the keyart doesnt look good but it doesnt look as unique as Id like, slight Dragon Age II vibes
Agreed. The concept artwork looks great but I was more than less impressed with the in-game models we have seen. At least the story seems to be interesting and it seems like they actually have a cohesive story to tell.

gozu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
America
If this game releases in the next year, I think it will be the first time a numbered FF game came out so soon after the launch of a new console gen since...Final Fantasy X in 2001? 20 Years without a launch year final fantasy game. Coincidentally, that was the last time a final fantasy game (which launched on ONE console, remember!) broke the 10M sales.

• FFXI was online
  • FFXII came out after the 360, for PS2. The graphics were obsoleted at that point, and I remember thinking they were too low-rez even back then. Pity cuz the game was great and gambits were delish. 30% fewer sales than FFX despite being a better game by many accounts.
  • FFXIII was not great
  • FFXIV was online
  • FFXV was not great

Based on this, I am going to go on a limb and say that this Final Fantasy is going to sell like cray-zy if it's a great game. Over 10M in sales on combined PS5/PC/Xbox platforms. My hypothesis is graphics sell FF, and there is no better time for them to shine than at the beginning of a gen.

Pleas be excited!

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
So any reason or meaning behind the name Clive?

Cloud and squall were weather based, same with lightning

Noctis is night

Tidus I think means sun

zidane means growth or progress

vaan means full of life

what does Clive mean 🤔

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Clive Rosfield is exactly the kind of name I will give my random mute FF14 character. Top notch, Squeenix!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna call it right now: Clive's a secret bastard and was never told about this, and that's why Phoenix skipped him.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
The name is whatever, but that keyart is awesome. And it's nice to see the design of the city, as well as more solidifying details.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
The producer of the game disagrees with you and finds chasing top end graphics a waste.
In fact he disagrees so much that "chasing top end graphics is a waste" was literally one of his three core philosophies of fixing and relaunching FFXIV.

Damn Akihiko Yoshida! Im in!
It's Kazuya Takahashi, though he's worked with Yoshida for decades and they have a pretty similar style.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Yooo I love the key art so much. Made it my laptop wallpaper. Just need a good mobile version now.