• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The presidential debate commission said it will mute candidates during parts of the event this week, allowing both Trump and Biden two minutes of uninterrupted time to answer each moderator question. Both candidates will be unmuted for open discussion afterward. The rule change comes after a chaotic first debate during which Trump, especially, interrupted and talked over Biden and the debate moderator

More at:
www.theguardian.com

Presidential debate commission adopts mute button to limit interruptions – as it happened

Candidates’ microphones will be cut off while the other is delivering responses during Thursday’s final televised debate

Will I shut up man if old

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Good. I watched bits of it and fuck me, it was like a child. Can't take hearing any criticism so just has to blag over the top of it. Was terrible viewing.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Waiting for fuckface to whine and back out of it now.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump would probably walk over and talk into Biden's mic.
he's going to pose behind Biden while he's talking and yell into Biden's mic

161009232148-trump-clinton-debate-st-louis-obamacare-sot-00002122-exlarge-169.jpg

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I dont get why mic mutting is controversial.

Only this moron would be the one whining about it like its some right to rant over someone.

nujabeans

Dec 2, 2017
They should just have a point system. They interrupt or talk out of their turn, they deduct points. Trump would be at negative double digits lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for afterwards, Trump claiming the whole thing was rigged because his mic was being muted far more than Biden.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Unless the moderator is fellating Trump while wearing a MAGA hat, it's "rigged".

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
In an ideal world, they'll also have shock collars for every lie told.

OUtQqmBJBoxhCVF-iswUM0EJtCnCQn1jogSYSplSsCPG4WiRksCedt0c99FfeBCn_Y5E0F9rVn89Le-nOKmE9muy6mIOk85712OkX9tiGbQmqrxd2t6SaiHI

Trump would basically fuck with every electrical plant within 20 miles.

Brewm0nt

Dec 22, 2017
Orlando, FL
Something that I think gets lost in this is the fact that this isn't a change in rules.

It's simply enforcement of the rules already agreed to by both candidates. 2 minute opening statements without interruption

Feb 18, 2018
Am I correct in reading that this will only be while each candidate gets their two minutes? So when it gets to open discussion, it's just going to devolve back into the first debate because both will be unmuted. Or am I reading this wrong?

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Am I correct in reading that this will only be while each candidate gets their two minutes? So when it gets to open discussion, it's just going to devolve back into the first debate because both will be unmuted. Or am I reading this wrong?

Yep. So it's still going to be a shitshow, just slightly less of one than last time.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Trump will just yell "EXCUSE ME!" lots of times while Biden is still trying to say "Hello", I only hope Biden is far enough away from Trump's spittle.

Feb 18, 2018
Makes sense as to why Trump hasn't pulled out, then. I imagine the conversation probably went something like:
Commission: We're going to mute both mics
Trump: Then I'm not showing up
Commission: Fine, what if we only mute during the first two minutes and unmute during open discussion?
Trump: (to an aide) I'm confused, am I going to be able to talk over Biden or not?
Aide: Yes sir, if they unmute you both for open discussion, you'll be able to interrupt Mr. Biden.
Trump: AOOOGAH!

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I'll bet some (small) amount of money that Donald's gonna walk off the stage the third or fourth instance he tries to butt in and realizes his mic is muted.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
How has he not pulled out yet.

This is going to be his vehicle to just Hunter Biden the whole evening. It's been a bit of a damp squib in the main media so this is his last chance to try and make something big out of it. I expect Rudi to release round 2 of emails during the day/lead up.

I think Biden should just pull out citing Trumps never ending lies and inability to actually debate.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
He should just drop. Biden doing a townhall would be better as he can focus on issues and not have to waste everyone's time with the orange chimp's toddler antics. People are so sick of the bullshit, letting Biden just get to policy and address questions meaningfully would be more impactful

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Trump will accept and drag his feet and whine and bitch the entire time before, during and after.