• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I think prior to Reyson there were months of now demote. Nina was the last one prior to Reyson and ... no she's about the same quality as the ones listed above.

Prior to Nina:
- Silvia
- Libra
- Legault
- Ares
- Shigure
- Nanna
- MMorgan
- Sothe
- Soleil
- Tailtiu
- Oscar
- Seth
- Mathilda and Leon (same time demotes from different banners)
- Athena (unsure ... was Roderik also a direct demote, or from a mass demote later?

Eh you know what, i think that's enough.

Imo the demotes from 2019 and this year are better regarding stat and skill quality then what we got in 2018 and 2017. Outside of Ares, Libra, Soleil and maybe Silvia and Tailtiu, nothing from there was really good even during the time where their banners were running.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Got a +atk Ophelia. Guess I know what my next project will be.

One question: where the hell can I find the ranges of Blazing Wind/Light/Flame?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Blazing Wind is available from Soleil, should be the most F2P-friendly option.
Blazing Thunder is on ... he Spellhardt.
Blazing Light is already on Ophelia ... so you're set here. Other heroes would be Xander and Oliver, so you would need grails.
Blazing Flame is on GHB Berkut, Jorge and Death Knight, Jorge is the F2P-friendly option.

I left out the 5* only heroes with those skills, i wouldn't sacrifice such a unit for those specials.

E: God damn, i misunderstood the question ...

The patterns of how they hit are on the FEH Gamepedia.

... what a misunderstanding...

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
so like...years ago i did the +10 tiki / nowi but coming back to the game it seems like they're way less effective (mainly in pvp) now. are there better demoted units to +10 now for score purposes? or are my builds just out of date? lightning breath/aether/steady breath/QR/PP?

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
so like...years ago i did the +10 tiki / nowi but coming back to the game it seems like they're way less effective (mainly in pvp) now. are there better demoted units to +10 now for score purposes? or are my builds just out of date? lightning breath/aether/steady breath/QR/PP?
For arena scoring purposes you should be looking at the infantry units that can reach the 175 BST bin merged like Ross or Echidna. That means they don't need to sacrifice they A-skill slot for a duel skill. Itsuki is also a nice grail project with high BST.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
For arena scoring purposes you should be looking at the infantry units that can reach the 175 BST bin merged like Ross or Echidna. That means they don't need to sacrifice they A-skill slot for a duel skill. Itsuki is also a nice grail project with high BST.

thanks. looks like i have about 7 of ross so i'll go with that

Oct 25, 2017
SYlgr hits 170 if you dont want to worry about running duel, and is slightly more mergeable than a new 3-4*

Though keeping in mind no prf means running a 300 SP A and C slot to max score

and if all you are worried about is score, Flame Emperor will hit 180 scoring tier

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Really glad I got Lysithea within a few orbs, but Bernie was stubborn. Almost took 100 for her.

Edit: Actually I think it may have taken just more than 100.

Last edited:

Octagon

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
Got nothing from the tickets. Going to build Jagen now and the upcoming Flame Emporer since I have nobody else to build right now.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Is there a reason these new Three Houses units look like they're nine? Like a Heroes story thing where they were pulled out of an earlier timeline or something? Or is it just the artist misinterpreting the characters when the order mentioned they were "in school?"

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason these new Three Houses units look like they're nine? Like a Heroes story thing where they were pulled out of an earlier timeline or something? Or is it just the artist misinterpreting the characters when the order mentioned they were "in school?"
The artists
I hope they dont come back.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My tickets got me a free Brave Ephraim. This is my 9th Special Fighter pull so it's slightly less exciting than it probably should be, but it's still nice as a free summon.

I guess Flame Emperor will be getting it next week.

Last edited:

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Eh wasn't really feeling the new banner. Went with simply yolo summoning on the blazing wind banner for Igrene once again. Yeah berate me again for sniping at the oversaturated red pool lol! Gave me my first Zelgius of all things! Okay so that's at least good! HP+/RES- which ain't a tad bad.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
My Feh Pass sub expired today and I won't be renewing. Felt guilty spending 10 bucks on a gacha that I have continually diminished interest in, compared to Dragalia Lost which I adore and am still F2P a year-and-a-half after launch. If any gacha gets my money, it should be that one.

Barely messed with the Lyn/Cordelia alts, the bonus quests are somewhat underwhelming, 3x summoner support is only useful on Abyssal LHB with the units that I chose to receive it, and the Re-Act feature wasn't used often enough to be vital. Auto-Start was super convenient for clearing out the monthly Training Tower quests and quickly grinding through Forging Bonds, but the latter should never have been such a poorly designed mode to begin with, made slightly better by something that you have to pay for.

Kudos to FEH for tempting me to open my wallet for the first time in two years though, but this could very well be the last time.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Finished my first 5* locked +10, Lancina
This banner was very good for me: 3 Lancinas, 5 Bikes, 1 Helbindi, 1 B!Eliwood, 1 Dorcas, 1 Hilda, 1 Rhajat in abou 450 orbs

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
A reminder that Daylight Savings Time kicks off tomorrow. Which means for west coasters like myself, the day resets to midnight instead of 11PM. Oh joy...

Gonna have to get use to seeing myself drop to AR tier 20 when I wake up on Tuesday.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
One of the tickets got me an Igrene. Can I do Abyssal maps now, despite being -Atk?
I mean it's pretty hard to recommend when an important stat turns out to be your bane for that unit. Not certain if you at least managed a SPD boon given it gives you a better chance of activating the weapon's effect. Also less ATK means less true damage from her blazing wind.

Though I guess getting buffs from your support units and slapping the chill def seal on one of them should make up for it?

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at videos, her base kit is basically all she needs. She is on a three unit banner for another couple days...

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, fuck 3% focus banners. It's fucking impossible to get what you want. The 4% weekly revival banners are so much nicer by comparison.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This week's Allegiance Battle was surprisingly tricky. I usually try to play it methodically, get those weapon triangle kills and stuff. But annoying units would spawn (like Shannan, Larcei, L!Leif, Reinhardt, Ishtar) in inopportune places. Eventually I gave up on being cute and just let Winter Cecilia mop up everyone on Turn 1.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I'm so happy right now, guys.

Thanks to the Blazing Wind banner (and on the first summoning round, no less), today was the day I FINALLY summoned Hinoka and fulfilled my long-term goal of collecting all of the launch units in the game, 3 years and 3,255 summons later:

6tjLLyw.jpg

After losing major interest in FEH lately, it's been a helluva long time since summoning gave me genuine elation like this. The timing is welcome but also oddly suspect. >_>

(And that Olwen was the cherry on top.)

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Flame Emperor done.
You think you're going to make it hard for me with little space to maneuver? HA!
Jokes on you, i just counter with my shit mobility 4x Ward Armor team!

But yeah, the higher difficulty one definitely has normal enemies hitting pretty hard, they even put a dent in my +10 / +5 Amelia.

No matter how guard the Guard Axe is, Tharmor overpowered it.

Gotta say, i love the chibi of the hero. Will build for sure, but i think for now i keep at least the 3* one for a potantial feeding for the Guard Axe.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so happy right now, guys.

Thanks to the Blazing Wind banner (and on the first summoning round, no less), today was the day I FINALLY summoned Hinoka and fulfilled my long-term goal of collecting all of the launch units in the game, 3 years and 3,255 summons later:
Good stuff, congrats.
Hinoka, Leo and Lyn will never show up for me and I've accepted that.

I beat the Flame Emperor with my own powercreeped units (Kiria, Duo Alm/Celica) a dancer, and a +4 Cordelia I'm working on. I almost never use Drag Back, but this time it came in handy because the battlefield's so cramped.

Selphie

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm still missing a handful of launch units: Leo, Ryoma, Baby Tiki.
All reds, I still would love to get any of them but I'm not gonna spend orbs specifically for them.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
The irony is that you would've had better chances to pull them during launch than if you would try now outside of some higher focus rate banner with them.
Red pool got so inflated ever since ... a red gen 1 5* exclusive might be both the most rare and most disappointing pull you could now get. ^^

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Damn it. I forgot to do a single arena run this week for an easy 3/4 orbs. I hate when that happens.

Also just missed the 10k cutoff in AR. I knew I should have blessed Silque lol. Gonna have to try harder to farm divine codes now. Still not sure if I should go for Tellius or Jugdral.

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. ^_^

Not the solution you might want to hear, but you could always just buy a month of Feh Pass when those three inevitably get the Resplendent treatment to guarantee that you'll eventually collect their OG versions. 🤔
One month of Feh Pass, plus the five bucks it costs to get an expired Resplendent Hero.
... which is way, way cheaper than dolphining it up on a repeat banner, I gottta admit.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
One month of Feh Pass, plus the five bucks it costs to get an expired Resplendent Hero.
... which is way, way cheaper than dolphining it up on a repeat banner, I gottta admit.

Just realized I goofed earlier and forgot that Lyn already got her Resplendent version, oops. 😣

But with the Weekly Revival banners and now popular characters getting revisited via Feh Pass, at least they're making it easier for newcomers and veterans alike to collect their favorite older units even if their kits and fodder are vastly underwhelming compared to the newer units.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
I got loads of year 1 units I still haven't gotten yet. Elise, Minerva, Alm, Karel, Faye, Mist, Luke, Gray, Delthia, Amelia, Innes, Dorcas, and Shiro.

Pretty much my incentive of getting the FEH pass is to finally obtain units I never obtained, i.e. OG!Lyn and tomorrow OG!Ike, me being a completionist after all.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Spring banner in so soon ehh...
I hope they dont make the mistake of doing the picnic banner again, at they learned with the hotsprings banner last year so they didnt made another one, I hope they do the same.

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
Thought that Altina was this reset, rip.

Embla Sophia is the next Resplendent Hero.
1K8NJtI.png

I just wanna see a Dead Arny variant next.

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Longneck no more? On one hand, yeah, she definitely needed new art, on the other hand ... who the heck wants a 5* Sophia? Would the +2 in stats even make a difference at 5* +10?

Hall of Forms is back ... poor Leif, the cav's range make them easier to build up.

Easter bunnies next week then. I was pretty sure that they would make Three Houses bunnies, but with a Three Houses banner currently running, i don't think that's going to happen.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
With bows being currently broken and colorless tomes making their debut, I think Sophia can still work as a mixed tank. I didn't even know she got a refined raven tome. That's actually pretty sweet.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I had to get Resplendent Ike, because he's Ike, but Sophia as the next one is bleh. It also sucks that you can't have different copies of the same unit use the different artwork, they all change.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
It just dawned me that you're able to get 3 times the Feh Pass quests and 3 of those costume heroes with one month of the pass.
You just have to get one month on the last day when a costume hero is available. If you would've done that on the last day of Nifl-Lyn's distribution, you could get her, Cordelia and Ike and 15 orbs from the quests.

That's slightly less shitty ... might push me towards getting it for one month if they add a costume hero that i would want.

With bows being currently broken and colorless tomes making their debut, I think Sophia can still work as a mixed tank. I didn't even know she got a refined raven tome. That's actually pretty sweet.

That's why i asked if those +2 to all stats would make a difference. If you're seeing a Sophia being used, you can bet your arse that she's at least 5* +10, if not even +10 Dragon Flowers too. ^^

Regular Sophia neutral 5* +10 / +10 would have those stats: 47 HP / 54 Atk / 25 Spd / 34 Def / 36 Res with her base kit, prf weapon. Embla one would then have 47 HP / 56 Atk / 27 Spd / 36 Def / 38 Res.
Could make her work with something like Fortress Def/Res if you're not going for Close Counter, but i doubt the +2 stats would make a big difference here.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
She can also use Triangle Adept which boosts her tanking ability significantly. I doubt most bow and dagger users would be able to dent her then.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I had to get Resplendent Ike, because he's Ike, but Sophia as the next one is bleh. It also sucks that you can't have different copies of the same unit use the different artwork, they all change.

It definitely looks likely that they're alternating between high popularity/low popularity units (yes I am taking a shot at Cordelia fans).

Status
Not open for further replies.