Oct 25, 2017
Hey, there's always Brave Camilla. They just ran out of CYL2 Resplendants and will have to start releasing CYL3 reps eventually.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
If Seer's Snare is any indication, the upcoming Bridal banner will feature SoV.

Multiple times now the featured game in Seer's Snare was also on the seasonal banner directly afterwards:

Heroes (Seer's Snare July 2023) --> Summer Fjorm and Ymir/Eir
Radiant Dawn (Seer's Snare January 2024) --> Desert Tormod and Altina
Engage (Seer's Snare March 2024) --> Spring Framme and Chloé

Since it has been a hot minute since SoV had a seasonal banner, and its characters definitely having bride/groom potential, I can see it happen.

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
Bride Celica feels long overdue so I could see that. It'll be hilarious if she comes with Bride Faye though.

And in the tradition of sneaking in Engage characters on seasonal banners, I'm calling Bride Goldmary.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Alc and Embla are easy skips on a terrible theme banner, but now Askr is in play, and wherever Askr is, I must follow him.

Tab

Nov 23, 2017
Alcryst is presumably the Tempest unit, since I can't see Embla being free.

I think this banner is supposed to have a duo rather than a harmonic. Could be Ash and Askr? Like a father walking his daughter down the aisle kind of thing. Ash would have to be the lead since Askr was the lead on his NY Duo with Embla. It could also be Veronica and Letizia if it's just Embla themed specifically.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

View: https://youtu.be/Y9_CADToG5M?si=BjkDiTPIo66-NuoG

youtu.be

Special Heroes: Brides to Be (Fire Emblem Heroes)

Official Fire Emblem Heroes website: https://fire-emblem-heroes.com/#FEHeroes #FireEmblemHeroes #FireEmblemESRB Rating: TEEN with Fantasy Violence, Suggestiv...

Nel at the demote, wow. Duo is cute. Finally a Sharena alt, even if it's another duo.

I will accept another SoV snub if IS gives us bride and groom Lapis and Alcryst.
It's your lucky day!

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
In the running for one of the worst banners ever. Thankfully it's a terrible theme, but that doesn't make it passable.

If they don't have any beefcake ON BANNER with the swimsuits this summer, like the garbage they tried to pull last year, there will be stern words.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
another bridal banner without a groom....
In the running for one of the worst banners ever. Thankfully it's a terrible theme, but that doesn't make it passable.

If they don't have any beefcake ON BANNER with the swimsuits this summer, like the garbage they tried to pull last year, there will be stern words.
considering last year we only had one male character in a summer banner and that was ephraim I wouldnt be surprised if this year IS breaks records and make all 8 summer characters be girls

But seriously how Ike of all people still dont have a summer alt?

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017

The theme is terrible, and yeah the gender balance is shit again, but those units are all solid skills wise. There's been worse banners this year, nevermind ever.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
The theme is terrible, and yeah the gender balance is shit again, but those units are all solid skills wise. There's been worse banners this year, nevermind ever.
I'm almost never talking or even thinking about skills when I critique a banner.

Character Choice/Percentage of Beefcakes > Theme > Artwork >>> Skills

I'm a character snob, now and forever.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm almost never talking or even thinking about skills when I critique a banner.

Character Choice/Percentage of Beefcakes > Theme > Artwork >>> Skills

I'm a character snob, now and forever.
as you should, a lot of times those skills and characters get powercrept in months anyway

like summer banner is just around the corner so you can bet they gonna put some disgusting stuff in there to bring sales

Tab

Nov 23, 2017
Nel is kind of left field with Lapis and Alcryst, but I guess we did just get rearmed Lumera, so the demote being a fast dragon to use her arcane makes sense.

I free pulled Alcryst on the tempest banner, which was a nice surprise. I hadn't gotten either of the arcane bows before this.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I free summoned B!Lapis today so now I have to go back and actually figure out how she works.

I feel like with some of these special banners that I'm skipping, it's better to save brain space by getting a general feeling of "is anything broken" and "should I let this unit hit me in AR" and let Phoenixmaster explain the specifics to me later like I'm 5.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Got a Nel and D!Sharena, and sparked Embla. Sharena is +Atk/-Def which is nice. Also got an Ascended Florina and Joshua. What are the odds. Already had them both so no more florets, but still nice I guess even though Florina's fodder has aged horrendously.

Last but not least, I got my first Dorothy in months and lord knows how many colorless pulls. Hopefully she will show up more often now.

I'm not entirely sure, but F!Lumera's weapon should be good for Nel right? I have two copies of Lumera and no one else to give it to, so I might as well.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
I free summoned B!Lapis today so now I have to go back and actually figure out how she works.

I feel like with some of these special banners that I'm skipping, it's better to save brain space by getting a general feeling of "is anything broken" and "should I let this unit hit me in AR" and let Phoenixmaster explain the specifics to me later like I'm 5.
Basically Lapis is a cav version of Young Emmeryn where she goes in and attacks, then everyone within 5 spaces (which is a huge range) gets to warp near her. If she can't kill an opponent then any other ally attacking that opponent gets damage reduction piercing and a free Galeforce if they kill.

I've seen a lot of people be down on Lapis because her unique gimmick relies on her failing to kill, but really the warping alone is great and I think of Share Spoils as just a nice bonus if you run into some sort of opponent you're unable to one round (like because of Miracle or something).

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Basically Lapis is a cav version of Young Emmeryn where she goes in and attacks, then everyone within 5 spaces (which is a huge range) gets to warp near her. If she can't kill an opponent then any other ally attacking that opponent gets damage reduction piercing and a free Galeforce if they kill.

I've seen a lot of people be down on Lapis because her unique gimmick relies on her failing to kill, but really the warping alone is great and I think of Share Spoils as just a nice bonus if you run into some sort of opponent you're unable to one round (like because of Miracle or something).

Lapis helps things like Edelgard Galeforce strats. Even if they usually don't have the standard mobility issues armoured units have, being able to drop an extra square or so further AND get an extra round of damage on top of the 2/3 they already have is pretty solid if you can make it work. Especially with W!Edelgard setting everything on fire.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Thanks for the breakdown! That 5 space warping effect is super generous, especially in something like Aether Raids. I use a lot of WoM Galeforce teams these days so she is going to be a valuable tech option against teams that don't shut down warping.

I feel like Share Spoils is the kind of thing that would age well, as enemy units getting tougher to punch through. People like to run anti-W!Edelgard units sometimes so it could be useful.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
I could easily see some sort of reverse Nergal/Citrinne in the future that spreads penalties on one foe to others and then Lapis would be like the best Galeforce supporter in the game.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's Hall of Forms Day, time for everyone to make Laguz Friend S!Fjorm!

I have like 6 forma souls collecting dust so I am tempted to go for Summer Fjorm? But at the same time I feel like that is kinda boring (too many infantry swords) and don't even have any merges, so who knows. Gotta try to figure out forma souls I think I would actually use.

I think Marth's crew is up next so will be super interested to see who they pick.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Ayra is a good choice, probably the best female resplendent art with Brave Lucina in the last year by a long mile

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wtf is this

I had all 3 dots glowing and pulled a red and it pulled 5 star Eirika on the brides banner, I thought the next 5* was guaranteed to be from the banner?

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
If the summon screen had a night time effect and it looked like you got a 4 star but then turned into 5 star (which it must have been, I think all Eirikas have now been demoted) then it was a 4 star special. You can still pull them even when you have focus charge ready and it doesn't use up the charge.

Also (not that it's relevant in this case), you need to have Feh Pass to use focus charge on seasonal banners so if you don't have that you can still get normal 5 stars with all 3 dots.

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017
My Fjorma is now loaded up with all those fancy new premium skills, yet it's probably a sidegrade at best. Oh well...

Jan 2, 2018
Massachusetts
My Fjorma is now loaded up with all those fancy new premium skills, yet it's probably a sidegrade at best. Oh well...
I feel ya, I went through with Gunnthra and Hrid and while I managed to get strong skills so far, it still feels like there's not anything amazing I can get to really change them. Many of my most desired skills just don't exist as T4s yet (A/D Near Trace, Sabotage A/S in particular). Feels a little like this HoF came a bit too early for their own good.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I already have a +10 Summer Fjorm so I'm not sure if it's worth it to get a forma just for Laguz Friend or if I should just get another Ike.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Potent is already on another unit, before even Marth's first rerun, I think Laguz Friend will soon be on another unit.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
I hope it's on a character that canonically hates beasts to highlight the dumb translation.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
It is the same name as the Fire Emblem Engage skill so the FEH translators arent at fault here
I'm aware of that but this isn't like a character's name, no-one would have cared if they kept the Japanese name of Immovable or invented a new name for it.

Like if they called that skill "Son of Greil" in Engage, it would be dumb if they decided they have to keep that name and then you have people giving that to Summer Fjorm in HoF.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm aware of that but this isn't like a character's name, no-one would have cared if they kept the Japanese name of Immovable or invented a new name for it.

Like if they called that skill "Son of Greil" in Engage, it would be dumb if they decided they have to keep that name and then you have people giving that to Summer Fjorm in HoF.
the problem is that the japanese name kept the engage name, so it would be weird to not keep the name in english

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
In JP, Potent is still Divine Speed, and yet the english version made up that "Potent" name. They could have changed Laguz Friend if they wanted, but this seems to be completely arbitrary.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
In JP, Potent is still Divine Speed, and yet the english version made up that "Potent" name. They could have changed Laguz Friend if they wanted, but this seems to be completely arbitrary.
That might be because of the effect and name length, divine speed is 11 characters, godspeed is only 2 in jp

Anyway I dont think this really matters it isnt like there are any unit type laguz in feh like in the tellius games, it is just a name of a skill