luca

Oct 25, 2017
It's the 'Avengers HQ' scene they've been showing behind closed doors, and of which we've gotten descriptions of for the past two weeks.

Starts at 2:11.

[UPDATE] Marvel Studios has officially released the clip without the GMA visuals on top.

Last edited:

Trodimus

Banned
Apr 3, 2019
Cool clip but I'm not a fan of Brie Larsen as captain marvel. She's been great in other movies so maybe it's just the material but I'm not feeling it.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That was a good watch. I can't fucking wait for 4/25 10:45pm Dolby. It's going to be madness across every theater that entire weekend.

I think I lucked out on getting my ticket. After nearly 6hrs of trying, I kept trying for the same seat (E21) and every time I tried to process it would give me an error or tell me "you recently tried processing an A-List transaction, please allow at least 15 minutes before trying again" well I kept on try to for hours and lucked out and got that very seat. It seems that I might have potentially locked it out for everyone else lol

Menchin

Apr 1, 2019
I'm just waiting to see at what point in the movie they'll go and murder farmer Thanos.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is cap marvel always that arogant in comic?

She's not arrogant, she's confident. She isn't exactly wrong that they didn't have her last time and that does make a difference. Thor is the only one there that's her equal in terms of power and we know what he would've done if he had been able to fight Thanos.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
She's as powerful as Thor if not more, and she doesn't need an object to be that powerful. Of course she will be confident.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cool clip but I'm not a fan of Brie Larsen as captain marvel. She's been great in other movies so maybe it's just the material but I'm not feeling it.
In an interview she mentioned that she filmed this first AND she didn't have a script for Captain Marvel when she was filming, so she was pretty much winging it.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is cap marvel always that arogant in comic?
Yeah, she just comes across as an annoying killjoy.

giphy.gif

Anyway the real question here is what did Thanos use the stones for again? He's living in peace on his planet right? Did he just feel like making himself breakfast? I still think they just straight murder him and go home empty handed.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
If the stones still function there's no reason any character should make a difference to the fight. I assume they get wrecked again.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Im wondering how those badass Marvel movie moments would be taken if performed by Captain Marvel.

Like, single-handedly beating up an elevator of dudes

or landing in Wakanda, saving all the heroes from aliens and then shouting "Bring me THANOS!"

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah no, I'm done with clips. But good luck to 'em. Next time I see new footage from this film is going to be midnight April 25th.

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
How do y'all see that scene and not like captain marvel. She is being confident but also says gives the team a compliment when saying " unfortunately they didn't have you guys" seems like she is going to be a team player and more then hold her own.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
So with the idea that they fight Thanos twice in this and get their ass whipped the first time is Captain Marvel biting the dust in the beginning of this so the focus is pretty much entirely on the original cast? Cause lordy that seems like a bold move.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She's as powerful as Thor if not more, and she doesn't need an object to be that powerful. Of course she will be confident.

Plus she would be feeling as responsible as Thor. I mean, Thor would be tearing himself apart with the guilt - "you should have gone for the head" would be eating at him so badly I'm surprised he can sit still at all.

Carol wouldn't be too far off. Everyone else there couldn't have stopped Thanos regardless of how hard they fought, but if she had been there? If she had been on Earth then Thanos would never have gotten either of the gems that were there.

That guilt could backfire on both of them horribly.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Judging by the musical cue, this scene plays right before the opening title card.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im wondering how those badass Marvel movie moments would be taken if performed by Captain Marvel.

Like, single-handedly beating up an elevator of dudes

or landing in Wakanda, saving all the heroes from aliens and then shouting "Bring me THANOS!"

We would get that discrete sexism that Star Trek fans spit when it's time to talk about Discovery.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
If only she would smile more. /s

Can not wait for this movie so excited

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Probably still be people saying "It's definitely Mjolnir"!

Who was saying its Mjolnir?
Why would it be Mjolnir in the first like 30 minutes of the movie?

Anyway.
I like this one.
Im all for confident Captain Marvel....we have seen her strength....she has had time to hone her abilities....hell if I was her I'd be confident.
Beyond Thor isnt she not only the most powerful Avenger, but also the most experienced at this point.
Give this woman her props.....she was superheroing while all these other guys were still being measly humans with simple human problems.

My guess is the first bout doesnt go so well because C.Marvels powers are derived from the tesseract...she gets weaved.
But they managed to steal a stone or two....so Thanos isnt so invincible no more.

We need the remaining living Avengers....rescue mission time.

New suits time.

Final battle.

Dedusting.....Thanos and Gamora swap places stuck in the Soul Stone.

Am I the only one who thinks the whole time travel thing is a huge misdirection....the "past scenes" are for the life flashing before your very eyes death scenes.....or Thanos showing them how he has been planning all this since the beginning.
They have the budget to completely rerecord scenes instead of using old footage.