• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
But both has gone through spaceships.

Have we had enough of the dick measuring yet? If forced to differentiate between Thor and Carol, I might focus on her apparent ability to move freely at very high speed through space. Thor may have a similar ability, but in his case it does appear to depend on a hammer or other magical weapon.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well what do you know DT made a vid about this and korey is all caught up in the casual sexist bullshit, yikes
edit : well I came back to it and now he's talking about the typical incel "boycott" cap marvel got so idk where he's going with this =_=

Last edited:

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Well what do you know DT made a vid about this and korey is all caught up in the casual sexist bullshit, yikes
edit : well I came back to it and now he's talking about the typical incel "boycott" cap marvel got so idk where he's going with this =_=

One of the reasons I stopped watching DT, along with the loss of two regulars of the team, is that Korey has this annoying habit of both sidesing all topics.

I also nope'd out of his Cap Marvel video after five minutes. I don't remember him criticising Dr Strange for immediately talking shit to Stark and making important decisions on the fate of the universe.

Anyway, shifting to something lighter, I have to ask a question that's been bugging me... how the FUCK does Marvel market this movie with trailers featuring flashbacks to earlier MCU movies, without showing the following two scenes!?

Stark: "if we can't save the Earth, we'll avenge it"
Stark: "that right there, that's the endgame."

WTF is wrong with you Marvel marketing team?

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OK, but what did she actually do that Thor hasn't done?

That's the thing, I think. People are seriously exaggerating how powerful she is, at least from her Captain Marvel showings.

Which is fine. Carol was still pretty inexperienced when she took out those Kree warships and destroyed their giant missiles - and it's not like she has to be stronger than Thor anyway. Dood took the full force of a star, which actually makes him tougher than just about anyone, and it's not like Carol is going to match that on the first day she unlocks her full power.

Brie Larson herself said Carol is strong enough to move planets, which is so oddly specific that she might actually do that in Endgame for all we know. So who knows? Maybe by the end of that movie she really will be the strongest being we've ever seen in the MCU but, going off her solo movie, she's more like top two or three.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's the thing, I think. People are seriously exaggerating how powerful she is, at least from her Captain Marvel showings.

Which is fine. Carol was still pretty inexperienced when she took out those Kree warships and destroyed their giant missiles - and it's not like she has to be stronger than Thor anyway. Dood took the full force of a star, which actually makes him tougher than just about anyone, and it's not like Carol is going to match that on the first day she unlocks her full power.

Brie Larson herself said Carol is strong enough to move planets, which is so oddly specific that she might actually do that in Endgame for all we know. So who knows? Maybe by the end of that movie she really will be the strongest being we've ever seen in the MCU but, going off her solo movie, she's more like top two or three.

We've been explicitly told that she's the strongest, so that's what I'mma stick with, sorry Thor

If I know anything from anime/manga, power level discussions are laaaaaame, so I'll let y'all hash that out lol

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
We've been explicitly told that she's the strongest, so that's what I'mma stick with, sorry Thor

If I know anything from anime/manga, power level discussions are laaaaaame, so I'll let y'all hash that out lol

Yep!

And who cares about power levels? It's always dependant on what the author wants it to be, and that's fine.

Vision didn't vaporise the Black Order, and that's fine, it's the story they wanted to tell.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
I don't get this CM "humble" thing.

Like, at the least we can agree she's on par with Thor (even though Word of God says she's the strongest).
Ya know ... the dude that legit 1 shot Thanos through a fully powered infinity beam and could have killed him had he "gone for the head" or just put him down instead of trying to drag it out for revenge. Thor, the only person on the team to do that. Only other person to be effective in a 1v1 was Strange and that was just a massive game of distraction that he knew he couldn't win.

So yeah, 2 Thor level people will prob make difference.

Also SW got her powers from the same stone. What did that mean? It mean't that she had the power to destroy the stones ... that's it. Thanos couldn't suck away her powers to nerf her sooo IDK why people think it's different here.

Here's how I think it's gonna go based on EVERYTHING we have seen about this movie ...
They go there because they need the thing to undo the thing. They fight Thanos ... and beat him! They tell him to give back the thing so they can undo the thing and he says "HaHaHa, I destroyed the thing cause I figured you'd try to take the thing! All stones are gone, I win ...". Explains why they got another energy reading like the snap and traced it back to him. They kill him or w/e and fuck back to earth.

Enter Ant Man, Tony and the time travel fuckery.
I feel that the meat here will be them traveling through time and universes as a team, through all these past events, in order to collect the stones and undo what has been done. Ending in a fight of Thor, Tony and Cap America vs Thanos. Where they failed last time was through fighting apart, how they win this time is through undoing what has been done as a team.

Oct 25, 2017
The movie wouldn't be very interesting if Carol just strolled up and solved everyones problems for them like it was easy. Obviously they're not going to do that no matter what is said in this scene. I imagine that's a bit of a red herring. Get everyone's confidence up and then crush them even harder. It's just a setup for the plot. A way to reenergize the crew and make them and the audience feel optimistic for the next attempt, launching us down the next rabbit hole. I'm sure she'll be a great asset but it won't go down like the complainers are seemingly expecting.

Speculation (read:total asspull guess): At some point each of the original 6 avengers will be holding one of the infinity stones which will be what finally prompts Cap's first ever "Avengers assemble!" to fix the universe.

Oct 25, 2017
Do people legitimately think that's going to happen? Storytelling doesn't work like that

r4lShdF.gif

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also SW got her powers from the same stone. What did that mean? It mean't that she had the power to destroy the stones ... that's it. Thanos couldn't suck away her powers to nerf her sooo IDK why people think it's different here.

I haven't a clue where the "Carol loses her power" thing even comes from. It's so dumb. As you say, if it were that easy a thing to do then Thanos would've done it to Wanda in the last movie.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I've been thinking, or the end of the clip was just the end of the clip they showed people in their meeting. But yeah, it could totally be leading into the title card.

I enjoyed the clip. I love Captain Marvel. I thought her movie was fun, and I couldn't wait to see her again in Endgame. I think Brie is playing her like I'd expect someone who not only A) was trained in the military of Earth, B) trained in the Kree military, and C) has incredible power beyond those of mortal men. Even so, being a confident, self assured person isn't a bad thing, whether you have super powers or not.