DinkyDev

The Movie Critic
Feb 5, 2021
T75TPfE.jpg

SixtyTwoMike

Oct 26, 2017
Wait it's just an ad for the next issue - and there's already been quite a bit of BTS footage of this?

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
wow, i didn't know Neil Blomkamp was directing this. seems like an odd fit, but an interesting one.

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
As much as I HATED Chappie, I've missed Neil Blomkamp. Seems like a for hire gig, but whatever, I'll get excited for this. I actually liked the Need for Speed movie.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
I wasn't aware these games had a story that could be adapted
I believe the story is very 'meta' and is about a gamer who gets so good at Gran Turismo, he becomes a professional racer

Gran Turismo tells the real-life story of gifted gamer Jann Mardenborough (Archie Madekwe), a northern English lad who made the transition from driving online to getting behind the wheel for real, when he was selected for GT Academy after showcasing his virtual steering skills.

Urðr

Aug 13, 2020
I wasn't expecting Gran Turismo to receive a sci-fi horror movie adaptation /s.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Neill Blomkamp gives me significant pause, but hopefully this is either a great comeback from a bunch of stinkers or the final straw that will put his career in the ground.

I was in after seeing this sneak peak from earlier this year:
www.youtube.com

GRAN TURISMO – Exclusive Sneak Peek

Based on the inspiring true story of an impossible dream, watch this exclusive sneak peek of #GranTurismoMovie. 🏁 Exclusively in movie theaters this summer...

I like fast car go brrrrr

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I'm… really interested in this and I couldn't tell you why if my life depended on it.

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
The funnest part of Gran Turismo to me is racing with slower everyday cars and slowly working your way up. I'm guessing this will only have normal racecars :(

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
Neill Blomkamp gives me significant pause, but hopefully this is either a great comeback from a bunch of stinkers or the final straw that will put his career in the ground.

I was in after seeing this sneak peak from earlier this year:
www.youtube.com

GRAN TURISMO – Exclusive Sneak Peek

Based on the inspiring true story of an impossible dream, watch this exclusive sneak peek of #GranTurismoMovie. 🏁 Exclusively in movie theaters this summer...

I like fast car go brrrrr
That's a bit extreme.

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
Nothing against Gran Turismo but I'm so bummed that Neil Blomkamp is directing this instead of a Halo movie/show. And all we got is the Paramount show 😤

Anyway, interesting choice and has my attention