• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
4308781.jpg

4308779.jpg

4308773.jpg

More:

https://www.gamefly.com/game/Little-Dragons-Cafe/5016792

GameFly just put up the listing for the game which was announced by Aksys and Toybox (formed by the creator of Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons) for Switch and PS4. As you can see from the last screen above, it's the Switch version shown. The page has a date also for August 24th in NA at least.

Looks really nice! Might be the Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life successor that's been long overdue! :P

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The artstyle is interesting. Looks like it still needs some polishing here and there though, but definitely interested. I serious wonder when we will get a glimpse of the upcoming SoS for the Switch, or if Rune Factory will ever return.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm not getting my hopes up after how bad Hometown Story was.

There's something that's offputting about the graphics too that I can't explain.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
I really want a high budget Stardew Valley/Harvest Moon type game. Not necessarily farming but a laid-back game with NPCs with backgrounds and stories you can interact with.

Oct 27, 2017
I really want a high budget Stardew Valley/Harvest Moon type game. Not necessarily farming but a laid-back game with NPCs with backgrounds and stories you can interact with.

The characters really don't have much backstory yet due to it being in Early Access, but you might want to check out My Time at Portia. Yeah it's a Kickstarter so it doesn't have the biggest budget but it's a wonderful little game that might be what you're looking for. Coming to Switch later this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InniolrxPOM

It feels a lot like a mixture of Harvest Moon and Dark Cloud, set on a Wind Waker feeling island. It's great

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I like the hand-drawn looking backgrounds in the house, but the color pencil filter on the characters is a bit much and the exterior shot is looking very mid-PS2 era.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
4308778.jpg

Its more than just an effect, all the environment assets and everything reinforces the look. Its not like its just low poly cel shaded + filter.

I am a bit disappointed that, based on the shot in the OP, that this only seems to be the case indoors, while the outside world is running a much more conventional look.

MetalBoi

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
I had heard there was a Story of Seasons game coming for Switch, so I guess this is it. Looks interesting. Hope it's like a Rune Factory game.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I had heard there was a Story of Seasons game coming for Switch, so I guess this is it. Looks interesting. Hope it's like a Rune Factory game.

This is not a Story of Seasons game, it's just the series creator's project. Marvelous is still (allegedly) making a SoS game for Switch that has yet to be officially announced (but was listed back with the original Switch presentation as a franchise that was coming to Switch).

Kamon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am hesitant to pick this up after how much of a mess Hometown Story was but I do hope this game turns out well.

Hometown Story is not made by the same company that made the previous Harvest Moon games. Story of Seasons is Harvest Moon, now. The Harvest Moon name belongs to the company that published the games, not the company that developed them, and they kept the name when the company that develops them decided to start publishing them too.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hometown Story is not made by the same company that made the previous Harvest Moon games. Story of Seasons is Harvest Moon, now. The Harvest Moon name belongs to the company that published the games, not the company that developed them, and they kept the name when the company that develops them decided to start publishing them too.
Nah, HS is a Wada/Toybox game just like this is.

Hopefully he learned from the mistakes from that game and is leaning more towards his classic HM games.

Iride

Oct 28, 2017
The character designs are reminding me of the Wii Harvest Moon games. The game looks cute, hopefully it turns out well.

Oct 27, 2017

Hometown Story is made by the creator of Harvest Moon, who is also the creator of this game. That's what we are talking about.

Oct 25, 2017
Man I think my partner will devour this. Do you get to pick who you control out of the boy and girl or is it just the boy?