Evan

Oct 27, 2017
So if this is real...this just seems to be something that would drive up the consumer cost even more, which wouldn't be beneficial since supposedly this past patch of iPhones didn't sell so well.

Feb 1, 2018
I remember those. I used one on a few occasions. Cool tech, but so incredibly primitive by our standards.

These were part of the dark ages of Apple design before they went in on the minimalist aesthetic

Honorable mentions:

2012-11-18-pippin.jpeg

and

4f3016be-1d65-4917-b4d6-407dc17b5e45.webp

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Jul 26, 2018
I've decided to skip last years iphones and wait for next iphone. if this leak is true, I will be disappointed..

what's worse is that I still have the 5s too... oof

iamsgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just a note this "design" and camera is not unique, just in case anyone is saying this is a joke and Apple would never do this. Apple invented the camera bump, the days of clean design ended with that. It is more function than form when it comes to the camera.

The Huawei Mate 20 Pro came out 2 months ago and has the same camera set up:

huawei-mate-20-hands-on-5356-720x720.jpg
this one looks better tho

Oct 25, 2017
I figured outward 3d cameras were only a couple years away when they announced FaceID. In fact, that is the real point it needs to get to. Object scanning could potentially be very powerful, perhaps moreso in an ecosystem with 3d printers but even without it there could be some pretty interesting novelty to it.

zerocalories

Oct 28, 2017
California
i truly can't believe so many of you actually care about what the phone looks like, to the point of derision

i mean, i just slap a case on mine and go

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"Lol the dual camera on the back of iPhone 7 Plus looks ridiculous and is shaped like ET's head, gross, disgusting, awful design" - 2018 edition.

Matrix XII

Oct 27, 2017
That design is hideous. There's just no way it will look like that. Although it is possible more camera(s) could be added to the back. They'll align them in a row or make it look much more appealing.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
I don't buy it, since Apple went to a three year upgrade cycle we shouldn't get a new model until 2020.

The Letter C

Alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2018
First camera bump I remember was on this phone the 6p, good phone but it looked like a price scanner.

nexus-6p.jpg

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't buy it, since Apple went to a three year upgrade cycle we shouldn't get a new model until 2020.

you do realize that iPhone 7 was part of iPhone 6 family yet they introduced dual camera and removed the headphone jack.

so it doesn't stop them from changing back and keeping the front design same. I also expect them to shrink the notch.

ReactionShot

Oct 25, 2017
I should seriously consider importing a Huawei Mate 20/P20 now. It's possible to get one directly from Europe right?

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
you do realize that iPhone 7 was part of iPhone 6 family yet they introduced dual camera and removed the headphone jack.

so it doesn't stop them from changing back and keeping the front design same. I also expect them to shrink the notch.
This, plus the 8 was also 6-based still but introduced a glass back with wireless charging. It's possible to do a lot of things in front and back while keeping the same general base.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Agree that this doesn't look great, but I tend to buy the darkest phone colour and slap a black case on it so I don't have a major problem with this.

GraveRobberX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We Dominoes now?, some poor bastard is gonna smash his phone on the table and scream "Domino", then realize they smash their screen

PandaShake

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
i see these everywhere, i feel so let out. Are they microphones as well? I ssume these are 400 dollar apple buds, no?
Ya and they're 159. My pack in apple earbuds crapped out after a year. Replacement is $30 so I'm looking to get one of these but then there's rumors of revision soon so I'll wait. The shape feels good in my ears.