Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Joker-first-look-embed.jpg

Joker-Justice-League-First-Look-02.jpg

www.vanityfair.com

First Look at Jared Leto’s Joker in Zack Snyder’s Justice League

In two exclusive images, the villain is more of a walking nightmare than the tattooed crime-lord Leto played before.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Was this guy really meant to be in the original cut

He looks uh really different from the Ayer version

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, they covered the tattoos.

David Ayer's take on the Joker was shit, I guess we'll finally see if Leto could've made a good Joker without all the dumbass pimp crime boss thing.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
If I were to erase Leto's joker from SS and saw this for the first time.

I would be. It's okay, I'm intrigued.

Strandr

Oct 12, 2019
From the article

Joker appears in the new film during a sequence set on a ruined Earth after the alien tyrant Darkseid invades and decimates the planet. It's a dream sequence, a psychic vision, experienced by Ben Affleck's Bruce Wayne that reveals what will happen if the superheroes fail to stop the onslaught. Joker is sort of the Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come, supplying motivation through terror.

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
I still haven't seen SS or the original release of JL, so I'm totally okay with this Leto-take on it. Still wary being its Snyder, but this is more what I expected when we first heard Leto would be Joker all those years back

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
That's......better?

I'm just glad he's not a tatted up, gold grill wearing mess anymore.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
butchery look is better without a bed of knives. The eyes look like theres some rubegoldberg machines running behind them.

It's an improvement.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
He's going to try so hard.

He's going to try to undo the perception of him as the Joker in an extended cameo.

Ugh.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
From what I've read. Leto has a bit of an ego.

perhaps he wasn't thrill with the accolades Joaquin Phoenix was getting for his Joker lol.

then again. No one should've been surprise that Joaquin Phoenix can be amazing at acting.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Was this guy really meant to be in the original cut

He looks uh really different from the Ayer version

This is not the regular timeline.

Snyder wanted him originally but WB said no.
That's part of the extended Nightmare sequence.

He couldnt get Cavill back to do evil supes so he is filling it with other bad guys in control.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
From the article

Joker appears in the new film during a sequence set on a ruined Earth after the alien tyrant Darkseid invades and decimates the planet. It's a dream sequence, a psychic vision, experienced by Ben Affleck's Bruce Wayne that reveals what will happen if the superheroes fail to stop the onslaught. Joker is sort of the Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come, supplying motivation through terror.

That sounds like a pretty fun scene tbh

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
What's it all about,
Snyder already had a history devised in his head. "The scene explains why Bruce had the Joker card taped to his gun that you see in Batman v Superman," the director says of his 2016 film, which also hinted that that Joker murdered the Caped Crusader's sidekick by showing the absent Robin's armor, spray-painted with "Ha Ha, Joke's On You, Batman."

"I'd always wanted to explore the death of Robin," Snyder said. "And if there ever was going to be a next movie, which, of course, there probably won't be, I wanted to do a thing where in flashbacks we learn how Robin died, how Joker killed him and burned down Wayne Manor, and that whole thing that happened between he and Bruce."

The director's plan was to show "how they became like this ... how he hurt him in a way that no one has, really. Other than losing his parents, it was probably the most significant personal injury to his life."

That's the role this new Joker sequence will fulfill in Justice League