Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Joker-first-look-embed.jpg

www.vanityfair.com

First Look at Jared Leto’s Joker in Zack Snyder’s Justice League

In two exclusive images, the villain is more of a walking nightmare than the tattooed crime-lord Leto played before.

MCDRING_EC004_H.JPG

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
Was this guy really meant to be in the original cut

He looks uh really different from the Ayer version

To be fair the character in the comics really is a bit of a chameleon and prone to change his look radically.

But yeah, he looks nothing like the Ayers version. Unless the idea is that he's locked away in an asylum (Arkham) and this is a more sloppy, wild look.

FooF

One Winged Slayer
Mar 24, 2020
Well it's not worse than suicide squad joker I guess that's a compliment

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
So yeah, a seemingly completely different take compared to Suicide Squad, one that looks like it'll actually be quite decent in comparison.

But again, there's supposedly barely any brand-new footage, right? This is all cobbled and refurbished from unused material, right? So somehow, assuming everything went "to plan", we'd have to reconcile this take with Ayer's shitty DAMAGED punk boss one. Even if Ayer somehow kept his original (clearly shittier) cut, we'd still have this wide-ass swing. And it's like whyyyyyyyy would you do that.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This is not the regular timeline.

Snyder wanted him originally but WB said no.
That's part of the extended Nightmare sequence.

He couldnt get Cavill back to do evil supes so he is filling it with other bad guys in control.
I see. I thought I had read there weren't going to be any reshoots or additions aside from what was already filmed, so this is surprising. As is Leto even agreeing to come back as the Joker in the first place, to be honest.

Another nightmare sequence huh.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
It's like they mixed Heath Ledger, The Crow, and the creepy girl from The Ring all together.

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
I'm in the minority but I liked Leto's SS Joker. It was a decent variant on the more dapper/gangster version of the character. I just wish we could have seen more of his performance.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
So yeah, a seemingly completely different take compared to Suicide Squad, one that looks like it'll actually be quite decent in comparison.

But again, there's supposedly barely any brand-new footage, right? This is all cobbled and refurbished from unused material, right? So somehow, assuming everything went "to plan", we'd have to reconcile this take with Ayer's shitty DAMAGED punk boss one. Even if Ayer somehow kept his original (clearly shittier) cut, we'd still have this wide-ass swing. And it's like whyyyyyyyy would you do that.

This is new material shot for the new cut.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
So do they let the Joker do his makeup at Arkham? They just bring him a palette and some lipstick every day?

I don't know why I've never thought to ask this before, but the way this picture is framed that is definitely the first thing I thought.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
I'll take Rob Zombie Halloween Joker over tryhard gangsta Joker any day of the week.

Still expecting the snyder cut to be trash though.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
There have been loose allegations about him creeping on underage girls for years. Nothing concrete. But, what we know of his on set antics and the bringing his fans to an island to "pretend" they are a cult thing... yeah, that's enough for me to say fuck this weirdo.
Oh god. I didn't know this. That's worst and straight up disgusting if true. I thought he was just egotistical and a jerk.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Does this extended cut even have a writer?

Is this just going to be Leto dealing with being bookended by two actors winning Oscars while portraying the same character, through improvisation?

He can't rely on 'Hunka Hunka'. Is he going to deliver his lines while doing pirouettes?

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
This looks a lot better than what we got in SS, at least.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
From the article

Joker appears in the new film during a sequence set on a ruined Earth after the alien tyrant Darkseid invades and decimates the planet. It's a dream sequence, a psychic vision, experienced by Ben Affleck's Bruce Wayne that reveals what will happen if the superheroes fail to stop the onslaught. Joker is sort of the Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come, supplying motivation through terror.
This all sounds so needless for a movie that is already struggling to justify a 4 hour runtime

Runner

Nov 1, 2017
the joker isn't supposed to be dark and brooding and angry, he FUCKING LOVES being the joker, it's FUN for him. he should be happy.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
While I hated the tattoos I liked that Ayer made jokers skin white without it looked caked on (except during reshot scenes)

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
This all sounds so needless for a movie that is already struggling to justify a 4 hour runtime

No ?

At least it has stakes.

I know we all tried to forget the original JL but I'm sure you remember nothing made sense, some random dude wants boxes: the end.

This gives context. The nightmare is actually the future prevented by Flash and Bruce. Not an hallucination.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
1wb7pd.jpg

Why does Batman get visions of a future regarding an alien invasion he has no knowledge about led by a character he doesn't even know exists?

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Seems some folks will watch 4 hours of something they deemed trash months before it released just to snark....and that ish is odd.

I didn't know Ben had extra footage....that's legit exciting. Always up for seeing more of the best on film Batman.