Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
Haven't really bought any Xenoverse 2 DLC since Ultra Instinct Goku, but Orange Piccolo is awesome. Super Hero is such a fun movie.

Aminga

Oct 27, 2017
Why, who is buying all this dlc eight years later! Xenoverse 3 will never happen at this rate.

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
I'm not bothered by the fact this game keeps on trucking. I know quite a few people that still play this game to this day.

What does bother me though is that it's a game constantly being updated and is still 900-1080p depending on what console you play it on. With frame drops in certain situations. The other two big name dragon ball titles are receiving current gen patches so why not this title which needs it the most out of all of them?
They're newer and still being played.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what part boggles my mind more: that Xenoverse 2 continues to get updated, or that DBZ has a large enough cast to sustain these constant roster updates (though it looks like a lot of them are palette swaps of existing characters). Wha a bizarre game

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orange Piccolo
"Beast" Gohan
Ultra Ego

What the fuck are we doing?

I'm not mad about Beast or Ultra Ego. They make sense for their characters and the rules of the world. And it's a different track from just another SSJ form (though I would have rathered that than SSGSS, which will always be a silly name).
Piccolo just gets a different color and bigger lips???

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
This reminds me of JRPG, where you fight blue enemies at first and then all of a sudden it's a more difficult red palette swap.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
orange-piccolo-piccolo.gif

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I think orange piccolo and beast Gohan are dumb af now, but I know I'm gonna be completely on board when I finally see the movie.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
They could make Piccolo just stronger without the need to change his color. Like when he absorbed Nail or his other half.

The same way that Ultimate Gohan was already supposed to be Gohan with all his potential unlocked, but sure. I don't dislike Beast Gohan just...make his hair shorter, it looks ridiculous.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Whats Orange Picolo? Like a powered up form or what?
Yeah, Piccolo uses Shenlong to unlock his potential and gets a minor form change with slightly yellowish skin and smooth muscles.

20220307-ovicio-dragon-ball-super-piccolo-transformacao-730x365.jpg

This is his first power up in the movie. Note how he has no lines around his arms.

Then afterwards it still wasn't enough and Shenlong revealed he had included something extra. Piccolo power ups the potential unlocked form and it becomes Orange Piccolo. In addition to the color change and bulkier design, he also gets a Namekian emblem on his back.

Last edited:

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
For all the complaints about how all these powerups are just all palette swaps now, Orange Piccolo is one of the few transformations that actually changes the character's proportions. Even his head shape is different.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Wait isnt it Ultra Instinct in english? Did they change that? Ew if so.

Ultra Ego is Vegeta's currently manga only answer to Ultra Instinct.

Instead of dodging every hit and having angel like power.

He gets stronger every time he gets hit and gets full God of Destruction powers.

latest

it was hilariously defeated twice in it's debut saga BTW

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

He gets stronger every time he gets hit and gets full God of Destruction powers.

latest

Yep I googled it after after posting and edited my post lol, I remember people calling UI something else and thought maybe thats related, Im basically out of the loop on everything after the Broly movie. I do like the Buu saga vibes from this art to, poor geets cant get a dub in his life lmao

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Yep I googled it after after posting and edited my post lol, I remember people calling UI something else and thought maybe thats related, Im basically out of the loop on everything after the Broly movie. I do like the Buu saga vibes from this art to, poor geets cant get a dub in his life lmao
"Ultra Ego" does sound a little more like a straightforward translation of Ultra Instinct's Japanese name, "Secret of the Self-Centered".

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I wish that they'd make a XV3 already.

He says, continuing to buy the new XV2 dlc and being part of the problem.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wake me up when we get Turquoise Tien.
You mean Turquoise Krillin. They barely remember Tien exists.

latest

So let me get this straight. Vegeta gets his own variation of Ultra Instinct, and proceeds to never win a fight with it?

Last edited:

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Did the people saying it's just a pallet swap not watch the movie or what?

Piccolo's body changes with this form. Even more than the Saiyan's with Super Saiyan.

P.S. Do a XV3 for Dende's sake.

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
For all the complaints about how all these powerups are just all palette swaps now, Orange Piccolo is one of the few transformations that actually changes the character's proportions. Even his head shape is different.
Did the people saying it's just a pallet swap not watch the movie or what?

Piccolo's body changes with this form. Even more than the Saiyan's with Super Saiyan.
Yeah I assume most complaints are kneejerks and people who haven't seen the movie. Orange Piccolo is fairly distinct visually and in how he happens to fight in the film. Not to mention Piccolo is just very enjoyable in Super Hero to begin with.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I assume most complaints are kneejerks and people who haven't seen the movie. Orange Piccolo is fairly distinct visually and in how he happens to fight in the film. Not to mention Piccolo is just very enjoyable in Super Hero to begin with.
It's the best Piccolo has been in decades.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC

So let me get this straight. Vegeta gets his own variation of Ultra Instinct, and proceeds to never with a fight with it?

Nope. Its the ultimate "buy time for Goku" form right now.

1. Its very likely incomplete where Goku is much farther along with his form
2. The premise of taking damage making you stronger is dumb because it just becomes a battle of attrition that wont work against a stronger opponent.
3. Its actually worse than what Toppo had because most of those projectile attacks from granola/gas would have been negated by an aura of destruction surrounding his body. They would have to use attacks strong enough to overwhelm destruction.

Tonypark

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Man, dragonball fell big time. What are those transformations? Color swaps are so lame.
He seems yellow to me also... lol.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

So let me get this straight. Vegeta gets his own variation of Ultra Instinct, and proceeds to never win a fight with it?

That's the Super manga for you. Expect some heavy rework IF it gets animated.

All these manga arcs take place before super hero and simply reintroducing these concepts is really easy if the anime decides to just continue from SH

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
Super Hero was dope, some people just don't know how to have fun anymore.

gohan-dragon-ball-super.gif

dragon-ball-super-dragon-ball-super-super-hero.gif

dragon-ball-super-super-hero-gohan.gif

Bring on yoked Piccolo. XV2 will never die.

Aug 13, 2019
The only reason I hate Orange Piccolo is the method he obtained it. I'm more than willing to accept everything else, the awful name, the fact that it's just Piccolo but orange, if he'd gotten it through his own effort instead.

megamanofnumbers

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Apr 28, 2022
Goodness. There is a heavenly amount of anger towards the new transformations. It's like action figures for myself.

"Oh cool. Piccolo is now orange. I like orange. Looks good on him. His ability to also better control his size changes is also neat. Shame about the movie, but it's rather cool."

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Goodness. There is a heavenly amount of anger towards the new transformations. It's like action figures for myself.

"Oh cool. Piccolo is now orange. I like orange. Looks good on him. His ability to also better control his size changes is also neat. Shame about the movie, but it's rather cool."

Because the movies shows how they stopped trying with the character stories outside of Goku and Vegeta. Even Future Trunks got no explanation for his new transformation in Super

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I was never bothered by power levels indicated by palette swaps in DragonBall (of which there are many examples) until I learned about Orange Piccolo.

massacred-my-boy.gif
FYI in this case it's actually a reference to a real life insect that changes color when attacked/hostile. Also that's actuall the second boosted form in the movie and his base form got a big buff too. It's actually handled pretty well and the core element actually uses a piece of DBZ lore

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

It's not even that. Piccolo literally just forgot he could grow bigger. Krillin had to remind him of it.

Felt like something TeamFourStar would write, lol.