naitosan

Oct 28, 2017
e5fa874d923f504db68520b5cf71b7b9d19e86ce_hq.jpg

Metal Sonic when? Sonic 4 with Jim Carrey returning?

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't Disney's Mufasa supposed to come out the same day? The first made over a billion but I know Disney has been in a nose dive lately. How do you think Sonic 3 will do against it? I know I'll be bringing my kids to Sonic 3.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Isn't Disney's Mufasa supposed to come out the same day? The first made over a billion but I know Disney has been in a nose dive lately. How do you think Sonic 3 will do against it? I know I'll be bringing my kids to Sonic 3.
I mean being tide to Lion King kind of gives it the edge. Sonic 3 was also going to be go against Avatar 3, which got pushed back.

I think they'd probably cast a Hollywood actress for her.

Yeah that's my expectation. But so as long as it isn't Strassman.

Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, those are definitely Shadow's shoes!

Going to be watching this opening weekend for sure, no mater how good or bad it is. Kid me always dreamed of SA2 getting adapted into a movie, so I'll see this come hell or high water.

Last edited:

Sayuz

Apr 29, 2019
I really hope there is a reference and/or dig to this game in the movie lol

Considering director Jeff Fowler literally worked on the game Shadow the Hedgehog - the CGI cutscenes, at least - I would be surprised if there weren't references to it in the film. The temptation would simply be too great, I imagine.

That said, I don't expect we'll get any scenes of Shadow blowing up the White House or anything...but he might at least say "damn" at some point, if nothing else.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
My kids are going to be ecstatic to see this. They just rewatched 2 and my son is constantly "Why isn't 3 out yet?! Shadow was right there!" (He's 8, so I cut him some slack on his perception of time)

Oct 27, 2017
This movie needs to start with Sonic falling and sliding down San Francisco streets in a metallic board while some dude goes WHOOOOO! OOOOH YEEEEAAAAH!
Crossing my fingers, everything up to this point is leading to this moment.

nicolasacmf

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Funny seeing people act like bringing Shadow for the third movie is somehow scraping the bottom of the barrel. The bubble is real.

Anyway, ditch all the stupid fucking humans (except for Eggman, of course), lean on the edginess and this'll be good. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLAY LIVE AND LEARN.

Hellstruck

Jun 29, 2022
SA2 doesn't get enough respect for what it nailed. I think the story and its presentation for its time are underappreciated, especially with how Sega took note of their now-tween/early teen audience and designed a game and story to their taste. It has surprisingly dark moments and writing that would really resonate with that demographic looking for something more 'mature' (at least in their eyes). Even then it never goes full edge.
Also Shadow in SA2 is just a great rival character. When you look across the expanse of shonen and realize the worshiped rival characters are awful shit like Vegeta/Sasuke/Bakugo, you realize how great Shadow is in comparison.

This is all in the context of SA2 mind you. I haven't played Heroes since my younger years and never even looked twice at 06.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Hope he's voice by Micheal B Jordan

What's Chaos?

That's cool, but I literally saw Tails toys in a shop this weekend, y'know? I've never seen a Shadow the Hedgehog product in the wild like that. I don't think Shadow is as well known as Tails, Robotnik, and Knuckles, is all I've been saying. The Genesis games sold a magnitude more than a lot of the 3D stuff has with Shadow in it, last I checked, so I'm curious to see if there's any additional box office boost to be gained by Paramount hanging their hat on that character.

Yeah, I feel like Shadow is past the point of commonly known material from Sonic, personally. The first two movies definitely had some extra gas in the engine when it came to nostalgia (1994 Carrey + the most 1994 video game character imaginable), so I'm genuinely interested to see if 3D era Sonic characters have some pull... or if the first two movies just made new fans out of kids.

Sonic adventure 2 is referenced in media like...to this day. What are you even talking about
I saw a kid with shadow on his book bag. This is all anecdotal. what does that even mean

ItsOKAY

Jan 26, 2018
Frankfurt, Germany
Second Sonic Movie was really bad (in my view). For my taste it was way to "americanized" with all the jokes and whatsoever.
Still looking forward to Sonic 3, and hope, it will be better.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I feel like Shadow is past the point of commonly known material from Sonic, personally. The first two movies definitely had some extra gas in the engine when it came to nostalgia (1994 Carrey + the most 1994 video game character imaginable), so I'm genuinely interested to see if 3D era Sonic characters have some pull... or if the first two movies just made new fans out of kids.
Shadow, without question, is one of the most popular characters in the entire Sonic pantheon, consistently second to Sonic. Also, I think you would get your answer if you were in any theater that stuck around for the post credits scene:

View: https://youtu.be/BeM8AmTH7n0?si=OJsDVgrn6JR0zlZS

I'll give 'em a look over lunch break!
Curious what your thoughts will be! It felt like a perfect balance without skewing too edgy or brooding, as well as developing his character in a very natural way post SA2. I feel like he's been relegated to a less dimensional, snide rival to Sonic since then which has been disappointing.

Last edited:

Melody Shreds

Oct 25, 2017
Terminal Dogma
I loved Sonic Adventure and SA2 on Dreamcast! Shadow is cool but i really want live action Chaos, been waiting for that since the first time i saw Sonic Adventure's opening.

Sep 5, 2021
I think that in addition to having Shadow, the film will also have Amy in it (and I think Rouge could also appear in the Knuckles series).

Hellstruck

Jun 29, 2022
Curious what your thoughts will be! It felt like a perfect balance without skewing too edgy or brooding, as well as developing his character in a very natural way post SA2. I feel like he's been relegated to a less dimensional, snide rival to Sonic since then which has been disappointing.

Watched it, was actually great. Even got to see the origin of the meme spinning headkick!

I loved how he discovers what happens to him in the future and dismisses it and stays focused on the bad guy wanting to blow up the world. It would have been so easy to make it a subject to brood and cry over, but it's never anything that distracts him from his course. Really good, because turning on humanity again after SA2 would have made no sense.
Also yeah, he's not rude or mean or anything, just introverted. It's almost like... he's the opposite of Sonic! And he doesn't have to be an edgy asshole to get that across.

That said, the #1 thing I realized watching those cutscenes and going back and skimming through SA2 (already know it mostly) is how Rouge is actually pretty pivotal to his character. My favorite scene out of all those was them on the beach and her letting him know she always had his back. They have a very tight friendship, almost family even. I wonder if Sonic 3 will have her in it or if she's just 'too much' for Hollywood.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they'll somehow tie Chaos into this movie? Kinda sad they might skip SA1's story
Ever since the post credits scene of Sonic 2 I've felt SA1 would actually be a good basis for Sonic 4. Following up a man made monstrosity with a God of Destruction fits in terms of escalation and it would give a break between Shadow's appearances to give his """"death"""" more weight.