Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Reddit

seriously-what-the-fuck-is-this-v0-d5cf3m0ra82d1.jpeg

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
Oh that's… not a great design

I don't understand why they genderbent Victor when an alt universe Nora trying to save her universe's Victor would be a much cooler hook

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
Explain who this is for those who are unaware, because the reddit link didn't help me understand either.

As expected, the comments on that reddit post are gross. The worst might be the usual "it must be a dev self-insert" anti-woke BS by chuds.

Multiverse Mrs. Freeze, Nora Fries. Victor's frozen wife in regular continuity.
From what I've read, it's actually not Nora. I believe it's understood to be a genderswapped Victor named Victoria. That's according to Miller Ross, who I think has been reliable (Twitter/X post 1, Twitter/X post 2).

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
As expected, the comments on that reddit post are gross. The worst might be the usual "it must be a dev self-insert" anti-woke BS by chuds.

It's pretty predictable at this point. Even got chuds blaming Sweet Baby Inc., which is nothing new for this game. People bemoaning it's not some fantasy woman of their dreams.

Multiverse Mrs. Freeze, Nora Fries. Victor's frozen wife in regular continuity.

Not sure who it actually is since this is some datamined model I think. Some suggested it's a new character.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Deathstroke is last, but I can't remember who's after Freeze?

edit
googled it. Not bad, i just want them to be fun to play as.

Last edited:

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
The design is just bad. No clue what they were thinking. Make the character bald and more streamline.
I do not care if they are female but at least do not make it look so busy.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I hold no grudges against this game but I know the internet ain't gonna like this one.

erikNORML

Oct 30, 2017
I'm surprised people even went to reddit, you knew exactly the response.

Though you are going to go this route, and you didn't just do Nora Freeze? It's right there. That design is rough and looks like they gutted the artist budget after the game flopped - but i guess at least they still are doing the content instead of cutting and running?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Besides it being a bad design by itself, you know the kind of people who are gonna go absolutely nuts about it lol.

Paroni

Dec 17, 2020
I'm surprised people even went to reddit, you knew exactly the response.

Though you are going to go this route, and you didn't just do Nora Freeze? It's right there. That design is rough and looks like they gutted the artist budget after the game flopped - but i guess at least they still are doing the content instead of cutting and running?
There's likely a contractual obligation of some sort. I don't think even Warner Bros is so out of touch that they would think Rocksteady can still turn this around.

udivision

Oct 25, 2017
The "ice spikes" for hair, the red glasses instead Mr. Freeze's red shades, the bits of fur/insolation...

It all makes sense design wise, yet it comes together to create something off.

Feb 16, 2022
From what I've read, it's actually not Nora. I believe it's understood to be a genderswapped Victor named Victoria. That's according to Miller Ross, who I think has been reliable (Twitter/X post 1, Twitter/X post 2).
This Miller dude has been accurate on a lot of stuff that goes beyond just datamining since Avengers(though also whiffed on many, many stuff too) that I'm starting to wonder if he's a promotional plant. When Avengers was alive, he would hype up stuff that felt like it could've been a way for devs to gauge interest in what they'd like to see first in terms of character order.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
This Miller dude has been accurate on a lot of stuff that goes beyond just datamining since Avengers(though also whiffed on many, many stuff too) that I'm starting to wonder if he's a promotional plant. When Avengers was alive, he would hype up stuff that felt like it could've been a way for devs to gauge interest in what they'd like to see first in terms of character order.
During the Avengers time, the devs would try and tear his credibility down, saying that everything he said was false. They hated him.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISZqJ_1FjPs&ab_channel=SadotTheGamer

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow, ZattMurdock returned

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
It would be absolutely wild to me if they just genderbent Victor instead of just using Nora. Also that design is meh.

Feb 16, 2022
During the Avengers time, the devs would try and tear his credibility down, saying that everything he said was false. They hated him.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISZqJ_1FjPs&ab_channel=SadotTheGamer

I mean if he was really their hired plant, they'd say the same things too lol

Regardless, he knew way too much to just be a dataminer. Even if the devs weren't in on it with him, he either had connections or he bullshitted a lot after getting some stuff right.

jdmc13

Mar 14, 2019
The model is okay, but the color palette is just awful. Like, if you swapped her skin tone and the white on her suit, the design would be at least 2x better.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Shave that head and it's instantly a better design, but I guess women can't be bald. It's a defining part of the character's look, why not keep that in the swap?

Alternately, Nora would've been such a cool way to flip the relationship while maintaining the motivation.

Last edited:

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Bruh, who signed off on that design

And also, if they wanted a woman ice villain, why not just use Killer Frost? Gender swapping Mr Freeze for the sake of it just seems kinda pointless, no?

ZodiacWolve

May 22, 2022
Would've been dope if it was a multiversal Nora Fries rather than a genderbent Mr Freeze, or at the very least Killer Frost would've been dope as fuck to have instead.

Weldersbench

Nov 21, 2023
Oh wow that looks absolutely dreadful. The original Freeze encounter in whichever Arkham game it was still stands iut as one of my personal most terrifying boss encounters.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure I'd even be able to tell that was supposed to be a version of Mr. Freeze if you didn't tell me.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Should be the Nora that was stalked by Victor, that would be an interesting elseworld

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get whats bad about it?

Standard ice themed character

Not everyone can be Mutant X Bobby Drake

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean if he was really their hired plant, they'd say the same things too lol

Regardless, he knew way too much to just be a dataminer. Even if the devs weren't in on it with him, he either had connections or he bullshitted a lot after getting some stuff right.

I had candid conversations with developers I'd met over the course of my coverage and who I'm lucky enough to consider friends, and that was where my knowledge beyond datamining came from. My perspective was a combination of those two things.

Which is to say, no, I wasn't and am not paid. A Director on Avengers did pitch them working with me on some promotional stuff circa 2021 but got barked down by PR.

Yeah, you've got it. This is a multiversal variant of Victor. She's an unabashed butch lesbian, married to her own variant of Nora who is currently frozen in a cryostasis pod of Victoria's design. She is sought out by Waller for that technology, which they'll use to assist in the recovery of the freed Justice League members they begin to recover starting in season 2. Combat-wise, her boots generate ice platforms. Think Frozone. Her melee weapon is a giant ice construct battle axe.

Nyaghoggua

Apr 3, 2024
It's character designs like this and their Joker that makes me glad Rocksteady didn't do their GaaS as an original IP. If this is any indication, it was doomed either way but at least we got a Kevin Conroy performance out of it and some pretty cool traversal mechanics in Metropolis.

Feb 16, 2022
I had candid conversations with developers I'd met over the course of my coverage and who I'm lucky enough to consider friends, and that was where my knowledge beyond datamining came from. My perspective was a combination of those two things.

Which is to say, no, I wasn't and am not paid. A Director on Avengers did pitch them working with me on some promotional stuff circa 2021 but got barked down by PR.
Oh, didn't know you were a member here too. In that case, I apologize if my assumptions were mistaken.