GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
"Official" in the sense that it was voted upon by seventy-one of the top players around the world, not that Nintendo had anything to do with it.

View: https://twitter.com/UltRankSSB/status/1629218378182279168
1*15qdFQ70OfXhUp96BioZZg.png

Reads top to bottom, left to right--so Little Mac is higher than Ganondorf, for instance, and Steve is ranked higher than Pyra/Mythra as an example in the other direction.
Blog post describing the methodology:
blog.start.gg

UltRank’s First Official SSBU Tier List

Welcome to the first UltRank Tier List! Shortly after the first PGRU season, PGStats announced a tier list made by the top 100 of the…

Felt notable due to how long the game has gone without any official consensus among pros. Please note that this is specifically based on professional play, meaning 1v1, no items, on neutral stages.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Poor Ganondorf.

Surprised Sora is as high as he is, I expected him to settle in upper low tier.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i can't describe the feeling knowing steve minecraft is the best smash bros. character

Foolish

Jun 23, 2022
There's something hilarious about Minecraft Steve being considered the best character in the game.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is funny., We obviously suck, but whenever someone picks Little Mac in our group he is unstoppable. DIdn't expect him att the bottem of the list lol

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Everything about the way ganondorf was handled in smash will always be a giant bummer.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
Wow, my main Yoshi isn't considered trash?

I'm surprised, people always laugh at me. Before tasting my dino egg.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
i love little mac but the dude is a glass cannon without enough 'cannon'
giphy.webp

Luckily you don't know I use Ganondorf as my backup

This is funny., We obviously suck, but whenever someone picks Little Mac in our group he is unstoppable. DIdn't expect him att the bottem of the list lol
I've gone on 20+ game win streaks across a friend group of 5-6 people as Little Mac but pros can just exploit his weaknesses to another level. When you hear that KO Punch ding ding though it's game over.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
As a Pyra/Mythra main I don't get why they are so high. I'm not that bad but a really good DK can destroy me or Bowser. Also have Aegis won a major yet?

Veldin

Oct 25, 2017
Mii Swordfighter in D tier is pretty laughable to me, feels like it's derived more from tourney stats than the character itself.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
look at what they did to my boy K.Rool
Remember when people thought he was broken at launch?

I still think Rool is a little underestimated, he did win a national in Australia, but it's hard to deny he has a lot of problems.

Honestly my biggest wish in the next game would be that he can't take damage from his own crown, that's really dumb.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Poor Mac is just fundamentally broken, I feel.

Poor Ganondorf is chronically mishandled, though. How can he always be so bad?

Oddish1

Oct 25, 2017
It's been a while but I remember there was a pro who was adamant that Steve was low tier so he was either massively wrong or the character got really good buffs since then.

Also, the last I heard Inkling was solidly A-tier. Obviously these things are always in flux and are subjective but I'm shocked to see like Mega Man placed higher than them.

fhqwhgads

Oct 28, 2017
Poor Dedede, gets basically nothing but buffs from Smash 4 and he still ends up in bottom 5. The life of a super heavyweight is a cruel one.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
i can't describe the feeling knowing steve minecraft is the best smash bros. character
There's something hilarious about Minecraft Steve being considered the best character in the game.
lol at these posts back to back

Steve is obviously one of the best characters in the game but I feel like people are still getting used to countering his play style. I still think Joker is the best character in the game, but the Xenoblade girls are fucking annoying so whatever lol

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
s+ character all being paid dlc

truly smash is a fighting game

Wonderrade

The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As a Pyra/Mythra main I don't get why they are so high. I'm not that bad but a really good DK can destroy me or Bowser. Also have Aegis won a major yet?
They have won quite a few, although it's surprising that at the very top level of pay she has very few solo mains. Alot of people secondary her though. Spargo, Cosmos and Shuton have all had success with her.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Everything about the way ganondorf was handled in smash will always be a giant bummer.
I will always remind people that if he REALLY wanted to keep the moveset he could have just given it to Black Shadow to finally give F-Zero another fucking rep but nah, let's just keep Ganondorf as something that is pretty much nothing like the character. This coming from somebody that absolutely does not give a shit about Zelda as a series still irritates me (because I like F-Zero a whole lot more and wanted it to get a new rep damn it).

Also Sakurai making Little Mac this fucking garbage on purpose in a platform fighter is just another reason for me to dislike the man. That and the fact that he kept Samus with that garbage ass Other M suit and took away Dark Samus' unique AT attacks. This fucking guy.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I will always remind people that if he REALLY wanted to keep the moveset he could have just given it to Black Shadow to finally give F-Zero another fucking rep but nah, let's just keep Ganondorf as something that is pretty much nothing like the character. This coming from somebody that absolutely does not give a shit about Zelda as a series still irritates me (because I like F-Zero a whole lot more and wanted it to get a new rep damn it).

I feel like your post transported me to 2007

Wonderrade

The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is true for alot of tier lists but in ultimate especially its important to remember this really only applies at top level play. And I mean TOP level play. Ultimate is a pretty balanced game all things considered and you of course will only find this list holds true if you are someone who attends tournaments regularly. Play whoever you want with your friend groups lol.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
They have won quite a few, although it's surprising that at the very top level of pay she has very few solo mains. Alot of people secondary her though. Spargo, Cosmos and Shuton have all had success with her.

I don't think they are top. If I get edgeguarded im basically dead and recovering with them is incredibly hard against a good player. They have really amazing offense but the defense is really where they struggle. I've put a lot of time into learning them and even though im not a tournament player i still don't think they are insane/overpowered. They have a clear weakness that can be exploited.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Good to see my general strategy of being an annoying little shit when I play Sonic is officially sanctioned.

Jokes aside, surprised Sora's that high. Pretty much all of my mains are in B+ or higher, lol

St. Eam the 3rd

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 18, 2022
DK, Ganon and Zelda are the scariest encounters online...Other than the online itself they seems the most dangerous in the list to me.
Mario in A and Dr. Mario in D?Wow ruined by a degree:)

Oddish1

Oct 25, 2017
I miss that brief period when Pichu was considered one of the best characters in the game.