Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
DhxiDyiV4AAgiIG

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
This looks like a darker version than what we got on tv.

Used to love the tv show.

May 10, 2018
Hoping this is better than Riverdale which went all the way off the cliff in season 2.

I don't mind outlandish crazy shit, as long as it's good.

Oct 25, 2017
NC
Anyone expecting a grounded adventure for this show haven't read the chilling adventures of Sabrina comics.

Two words: Eldritch Abominations.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Happy they kept the name.

And yeah, anyone who's expecting this to keep the hijinx and laugh-tracky shenanigans with the cute puppet cats and the one-room sets clearly have not been keeping up with the comics:

awalist2_1.jpg

Yes I know that's from Afterlife With Archie but it's pretty much the same thing.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im confused about the canon of this IP. So the show from the 90s I used to watch was not original? It was based on something? Is this new show continuation of said something? Reboot? Its not going to be a comedy like the one form my childhood?

Will Salem be an animatronic!?
Please say yes!

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Never saw the original, but if this is less after-school Nickelodeon and more AHS: Coven I'll be all about it.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Im confused about the canon of this IP. So the show from the 90s I used to watch was not original? It was based on something? Is this new show continuation of said something? Reboot? Its not going to be a comedy like the one form my childhood?

Will Salem be an animatronic!?
Please say yes!

This is based on the comic. The showrunner for this show was in charge of Riverdale, and the Chilling Adventures comic.

238px-Chilling_AdventuresOf_Sabrina_issue_2.jpg

This comic gets fucking dark, and creepy. It's great.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Happy they kept the name.

And yeah, anyone who's expecting this to keep the hijinx and laugh-tracky shenanigans with the cute puppet cats and the one-room sets clearly have not been keeping up with the comics:

Cheesy animatronic cat NEEDS to be in this version.

Hell, Chilling Salem is even more bohemian than tv show Salem, even if he is more on a "depresed bohemian" side and not "take over the world bohemian" =P

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
i mean i hope its maybe a cg altered puppet salem and not just bad cgi

i remember watching a live action version of kikis delivery service and it had such a bad cgi cat it made me uncomfortable

i guess real cats also exist lol

Oct 27, 2017
Hope it gets weird and dark.

Also Afterlife with Archie when? Netflix needs to buy out Riverdale so they can launch the Archie television universe.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
I expect nothing but a killer performance, by the way.

This was a casting choice made in heaven.