Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
www.rottentomatoes.com

The Fall Guy | Rotten Tomatoes

He's a stuntman, and like everyone in the stunt community, he gets blown up, shot, crashed, thrown through windows and dropped from the highest of heights, all for our entertainment. And now, fresh off an almost career-ending accident, this working-class hero has to track down a missing movie...
RT Score: 87%.

Seems decent. Gosling at his comedic peak.

"The Fall Guy feels indistinguishable from the dozens of other action films. And then Gosling and Blunt start flirting and fighting and verbally feinting with each other, and you feel like you're floating an inch above your seat."
- David Fear Rolling Stone

"A fun-filled, fun-loving love letter to the undervalued stunt performance profession. It's full-gear popcorn entertainment that only someone wholly passionate about stunt work could deliver."
- Matt Donato Inverse

"...a blast of fun at the movies worthy of the biggest tub of popcorn you can find. It's two hours of movie stars being absolute charm machines, and sometimes that's all you really need."
- Matthew Jackson AV Club

"Two hours of zingers with impeccable timing, two bona fide movie stars with palpable chemistry, several enjoyably meta send-ups of the business and, of course, plenty of crazy stunts."
- Adrian Horton Guardian

""The Fall Guy" is funny, it's sexy, and it features the boy-toy version of "Barbie" scene-stealer Ryan Gosling — which is to say, this time around, he embodies the ultimate action figure."
- Peter Debruge Variety

"Maybe the most surprising thing about The Fall Guy is how genuinely romantic it is."
- Bilge Ebiri New York Magazine/Vulture

May release date - one hell of a vote of confidence I guess if there's no NDA.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
does he overuse vfx in the final 15 minutes again, like he did in bullet train? man, what was he thinking with those last 15 minutes of that film?

StreetsAhead

Sep 16, 2020
It looks like fun. I like Gosling. I like Blunt. I liked Bullet Train. The reviews are good.

I'm sold.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
looks great but also the perfect "netflix and chill" movie like bullet train was. That did well in theaters though so hope this does too, I really like these kind of action movies, Bullet Train and Beekeeper were awesome

i wonder in the budget considerations if the VOD/streaming/netflix payouts are a factor at this point, and how much the ceiling is for that portion of revenue.

kowhite

May 14, 2019
Gosling and Blunt seem to have pretty good taste. Though I know Blunt still regrets Gulliver's Travels.

Regrets is the wrong word I'd say at no point did she ever want to do it in the first place. It's not like she even chose that movie, she just had to fulfill a contract.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
I was at the premiere. The movie is a blast. It's a totally sincere romcom/action movie and acts as a love letter to stunt people. I loved its lack of cynicism / irony and made me realize how much I miss sincerity in movies like this.

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
This really was a lot of fun. Great stunts, as expected. Really cool that the credits showed how the stunts were shot.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
I was at the premiere. The movie is a blast. It's a totally sincere romcom/action movie and acts as a love letter to stunt people. I loved its lack of cynicism / irony and made me realize how much I miss sincerity in movies like this.

Did the theme song from the show make it in? I know the lyrics would need to be updated to be current, but it's still a great song.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
The trailer before Challengers was truly atrocious, so I'm quite surprised it's getting sold reviews.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was reasonably good. Nice set ups and payoffs. Some pretty cool stunts.

Felt it was a smidge too long though

Palas

Oct 29, 2017
idk I loved that very self conscious trailer so I'm not surprised it's getting good reviews

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely there for this - Bullet Train was a scream, and I'm fully in the tank for Gosling and Blunt too.

GulfCoastZilla

Shinra Employee
Banned
Sep 13, 2022
I just see Ken now, or maybe he's just Ryan gosling and I never watched any of this films before Barbie.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Excellent movie. It's a bit of a slow burn at first but once it gets going it's full throttle. This might be my favorite Gosling role, up there with The Nice Guys.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Got out of it a couple hours ago. It was fucking great, lots of action fun and a rollicking plot. It was a sincere love letter to stunt teams and I had a proper blast.