Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
The being able to move while time is stopped seems pretty basic for how these things are portrayed in other movies which is why your reaction stood out to me.

The clouds moving on the other hand seemed like a more original visual/concept me the novelty of the visual is what has me most interested. Coppola's Dracula is a flawed film, but continues to stand out for its unique visuals decades later.

Being able to move while time is stopped is totally normal, yes. otherwise what's the point?

It's just him returning back to a vertical position that made me chuckle. 🤷‍♂️

vpricot

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
It makes perfect sense that time stops gravity for everyone else.

It's silly that gravity was stopped for him, but then he's able to back up while time is stopped. It just seems silly. It's not a big deal.

The clouds moving at 1000 miles a hour the entire clip are even sillier and look bad.

None of this is important critiscism worth a major discussion. It's just what jumped out at me after watching the clip.
My silly guess is that he can only create a time bubble a certain area relative to him so that's why he needs to get on top of a building. The clouds are above the bubble. Honestly though I think we're seeing some kind of dream/imagination sequence.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This little bit looks like shit but I wasn't expecting anything different

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
Huh, I wasn't expected this to have actual hard scifi elements like time-stopping powers. Not sure if that makes me more interested but I was already in, so no problem.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
I saw someone lowering the resolution and color space of the trailer making it look just like 90's FMV.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
For years I had misread this as Coppola making a modern remake of Metropolis.

That's what I thought for awhile as well lol

Oh me too...until today
I wasn't alone lol. I was excited because Metropolis is dope. This looks cool too though. Anime as fuck. Dude even snaps his fingers to resume time.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
looks wild and unhinged in the best and worst of ways

I need to see it

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised people are into that trailer. There's some neat stuff in there but it looks like a big budget cologne ad. Something about the way it's shot & the color grading just isn't working for me at all.

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't interested before (no particular affinity for Coppola) but with how crazy that trailer looked I am now.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Interesting that we don't see much of Esposito or Emmanuel's characters in the teaser (or Voight for that matter) and focus seems to be more on Driver (and Plaza in a blonde wig!) - interesting as the early descriptions of the movie emphasised the competing visions and loyalties of those characters.

It's a teaser, so I guess it's more about highlighting the tone and visuals of the movie than the storytelling - and the full trailer will probably offer more of the latter.

Last edited:

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
trailer gives me the feeling of a box office disaster that gets reclaimed as a high camp classic