• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Casualcore

Jul 25, 2018
It's kind of wild how masks have become the panacea for some people. You have to think that vaccination numbers are more correlative no?

Vaccination numbers and mask wearing are hand-in-hand. The unvaccinated are almost half as likely to report following masking guidelines compared to the vaccinated here. I can't tell who's vaccinated, but I can tell who's wearing a mask. Fair or not, until we have herd immunity and try at not wearing masks again, I have some hint as to who cares and who doesn't care, based on if they're wearing a mask when they knock on my door.

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
Western NY has all but given up on them.

I was down in VA and DC in August and I saw ONE person who wasn't wearing a mask. I was mysitified the entire trip, jealous even.

I have to wonder how different it is everywhere.
Live in NOVA. I'd generally agree. I'd say pre-Delta it was about 60% masks now it is about 80%. Although pre-Delta there would be a lot of minor disputes. All the time customers would get mad and demand to be helped by someone with a mask. Others would get mad and complain if you were wearing a mask. It was frustrating and I just wanted to stop being yelled at by people over masks. I took mine off for all of one week but all the weird anti-maskers came up to me and said weird things so I put it back on.

Dec 12, 2017
Vaccination numbers and mask wearing are hand-in-hand. The unvaccinated are almost half as likely to report following masking guidelines compared to the vaccinated here. I can't tell who's vaccinated, but I can tell who's wearing a mask. Fair or not, until we have herd immunity and try at not wearing masks again, I have some hint as to who cares and who doesn't care, based on if they're wearing a mask when they knock on my door.
I think that makes 100 percent sense before vax mandates became a thing. Now that I think about it, in NYC, you need show proof of vax before you even go into a bar or restaurant. This is definitely a regional thing as we know that's not the norm for most of the US