• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrGMENN1iaY&ab_channel=MovieBox

giphy.gif

avengers-assemble-avengers.gif

934c669eaad73cf00be56a00c1bc0af5.gif

tumblr_pvgt7rrLo41sc0ffqo6_540.gifv

Time flies y'all

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
The most excited I've ever been for a movie and it completely delivered. Being in the theater with my friends on that first night was an amazing experience.

Xion385

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I still dream of Cap whooping Thanos ass with Mjolnir. Best theater experience of all time for me.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
This and IW are my two favorite theater experiences ever. The whole crowd was into it
I was in the crowd opening night, have the purple coin and all, and man that crowd experience will never be defeated. The energy, the screaming, the celebrations, the cheers, the clapping, all of it was so beautiful and truly was everything I wanted

Droopy_McCool

Dec 13, 2023
Never seen so many people screaming and shouting and cheering and clapping and jumping up and down in a movie theatre when Thanos was defeated

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Uhh, pretty sure that happened six months ago bud.

(I remember the five year timejump feeling really huge at the time, but now not only is that in the past, we're almost caught up to it between COVID delays and strike delays.)

Oct 29, 2017
5 years have flown by. Certainly one of, if not the most, memorable theater moments in my life was witnessing Cap go off on Thanos with Mjolnir.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
will never forget when cap caught mjolnir and like half the theatre was on their feet cheering like their team won the superbowl or something, good times before the world turned to shit

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Goated movie experience. Insane hype and it lived up to it. Crazy it's been 5 years already.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
will never forget when cap caught mjolnir and like half the theatre was on their feet cheering like their team won the superbowl or something, good times before the world turned to shit
Dude, I can still feel the chills just thinking about being in that theater witnessing that, my god the hype was through the roof. It was so loud I'm sure people could hear all the clapping, screaming, yelling and everyone being over the fucking moon

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
this was such an insanely hype movie. shit was crazy for opening day lol, I'm so glad I went.

Oct 26, 2017
I'll never forget the electric hype in the theater on opening day.

Also, one of the longest media blackouts I did for any piece of media ever.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
Dude, I can still feel the chills just thinking about being in that theater witnessing that, my god the hype was through the roof. It was so loud I'm sure people could hear all the clapping, screaming, yelling and everyone being over the fucking moon
yep, and then later when iron man died, the entire theatre was just all quiet sobbing together, a true roller coaster of emotions

Apr 20, 2022
It was the greatest cinema experience of my life. The normally quiet crowd (we don't do cheering here lol) was ballistic all through. That entire final hour was a thing of beauty from the cheers of the battle moments, the screams during "I am iron man", the crying during the wrap ups and one last rapturous clapping session when the actors were shown during credits. Even the "5 years later" title card had audible gasps and shocks. There's never going to a movie that will get audiences this engaged.

Last edited:

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn this is making sad for when I used to look forward to the next MCU movie with so much hype.

Stupid fucking multiverse fanservice bullshit really ruined it for me.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
Haven't rewatched it since it was in the theater, had a lot of fun with it but I think it's the weakest of the Russo Bros movies. Definitely a time capsule of a pre-COVID era in many ways.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome fucking movie

Looking forward to more good mcu/MA Studios stuff, some ups and downs but here's hoping they are hitting a stride again

LoveAndBeer

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lexington, KY
I was in London for work and was able to grab a ticket a few days before I had tickets back home — the theater was *SO* into everything, it was amazing. Probably the single best theater experience for a movie I've attended. Definitely top 5 theater experiences in my life no doubt.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized I recorded the entire audio of my screening 5 years ago and it's still on my phone lol

u0bIXye.jpeg

Nice to have as a historical artifact and I'm happy I did it. Should probably sync it to the movie just for shits and giggles. Lots of great crowd reactions to all the big moments in there.

Jan 20, 2022
Same weekend as the Battle of Winterfell. Even though GoT had been on a death spiral for years by that point, I was still ridiculously excited

ThreeKitties

Jul 19, 2023
Same weekend as the Battle of Winterfell. Even though GoT had been on a death spiral for years by that point, I was still ridiculously excited
LOL I specifically remember the tweets wishing both Stark family's good luck that weekend.

What a fucking great movie, from beginning to end it is so awesome! From the character arcs to the references to past movies in major and minor ways. I know it isn't flawless, but it is to me.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
2019: the year of the MCU finale, the GOT finale, and the Star Wars sequel trilogy finale. And this was the only one that stuck the landing.

Jan 20, 2022
With hindsight, it's even more incredible that all these franchises wrapped up in 2019. Imagine if Endgame, Rise of Skywalker and GoT S8 were slated to drop in 2020...

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
An amazing experience. I can't believe it's been five years! Then again, that was two apartments, one job, and two gfs ago. It just feels like so long ago.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure Secret Wars will be able to match the hype. I think by now the 'casual' crowd has fallen off the main timeline.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Even though I thought the film was a step down from Infinity War, watching Endgame in the theater on opening night was an experience I'll never forget. The place was up for grabs from Portals on.

Thats right! What a weekend it was.

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, five years already. Amazing theater experience. And a miracle that it brought everything together in such an extremely satisfying way.

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
motion smoothing/interpolation on that video is so fucking terrible

anyway

There not being another Avengers movie, or really any connective tissue in 5 years, is fucking crazy. Even taking into account Covid, and what's happened with Majors, there really does not seem to have been a concrete plan for continuing these narratives. Everything is so disjointed - there really should have been a team up movie to cap off Phase 4.

I'm not sure Secret Wars will be able to match the hype. I think by now the 'casual' crowd has fallen off the main timeline.

The one positive is that so little of actual consequence has happened, that if the hype is there, it would be easy for a casual viewer to jump back in.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Best theater experience ever, had just an incredible crowd when we went Day 1/Showing 1. The hype in the theater was just electric.