• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My Boomer mom used to tell me the story of how when she was little, her Southern Baptist mom never had any sort of talk about menstruation with her because good Christian mothers just didn't do that in those days or some such shit. As a consequence, when her period finally started when she was 10, she freaked out in terror, screaming for her mom that she was dying. Her mom only laughed at her and threw a tampon at her. As you might imagine, the experience gave my mom all sorts of messed up feelings and shame going forward related to her gender and reproductive system. If only the schools she had attended back in those days had had some sort of mandatory education about this sort of thing, it could've saved my mom a lot of unnecessary trauma.

Of course, with this new bill, Florida GOP is looking to nip that possibility in the bud for future generations of menstruating kids they're hoping to shame and damage, like they did earlier ones. Just another day in a ruthless, Christo-fascist culture.
Stories like this make me so unbelievably sad. Why does society think it is okay to not educate our youth on what is happening to their bodies. I know why, but I hate the mentality of it all.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
User Banned (1 Month): Islamophobia
I see Florida trying to take a page out of the classic Sharia Law.

Do not raise children in Florida.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
It's really wild that we're turning back the clock on things that were common in the 80s during the fucking Reagan era. Like peak "won't someone think of the children?" era.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
this is how you get Carrie

but for realsies tho, I swear everything I read about Florida just seems like parody now, sadly it is not.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
These creeps obsessions with kids is disgusting.

My niece literally just got her first period last week and she's just in fourth grade (and thankfully, not living in Florida). This is a very stupid law to pass, even by Republican standards—then again, Republican standards. . .

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My niece literally just got her first period last week and she's just in fourth grade (and thankfully, not living in Florida). This is a very stupid law to pass, even by Republican standards—then again, Republican standards. . .
Leave it to Republicans and people with periods wouldn't even be legitimate citizens. They want us dumb, at home, silenced, suffering, and to only exist for the use of cis men.

Last edited:

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
there is this classic:

EccC9NnWAAAEKLB

I don't want to de-rail the thread but…wtf? "Strange to think" indeed. Like what would even prompt this thought?

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to de-rail the thread but…wtf? "Strange to think" indeed. Like what would even prompt this thought?
Sexualization of women in their prime child-rearing years is a common trend among cis men like him. They all think way too much about women's bodies and how they believe they should be using them.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a two pronged attack. They want less autonomy from women AND completely neuter the public education system.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Molyneux is a Alt right banned youtuber and podcaster. This guy has said shit just as bad and even worse than this mostly because he blames all his and other men's problems on women/"bad mothers"

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
Information = bad. /s

Let's ban it!

The really awful thing is Florida is a testing ground for this shit, and then gets spread to other hellhole states.

Last edited:

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
We didn't get sex education until fifth grade by which time I already had my period for a year. Getting my period was honestly very traumatic, and that was with already knowing about it because of my older sister and getting a preliminary talk with my mom. Part of it was being the first girl in my grade to get it and feeling ashamed about it.

So yeah, fuck this. Kids need to be taught that this is just a normal thing that happens to some people and it's nothing to be ashamed of.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
So much freeze peach, I can't take it.

So this is for Christofascist parents so their kids can be in the dark?

I don't see how they can enforce it.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Florida wants to be the most fascist state ever. They thought Handmaiden's Tale didn't go far enough.

What kind of Taliban ass bullshit is this. If anything, kids need to learn more about menstruation at an early age.

I see Florida trying to take a page out of the classic Sharia Law.

Do not raise children in Florida.

Y'all really need to check why you gotta go with non-white terrorists or Sharia Law as your ultimate standard of evil when there are plenty of white, christofascist, cult-like, terrorists that get up to this level of shit. Not to mention Taliban were created by Americans. It's not just the global south where girls get treated the worst.

Also, Sharia Law is not about this, that's just Islamophobia thinking Muslims do this on the regular. Girls being educated is quite important in Islam. Not a fan of what Muslims follow regularly being equated to terrorism.

en.vogue.me

Islam Doesn't Deny Women Education, So Why Does the Taliban?

Following the Taliban's refusal to let Afghan girls go to school, a Muslim author draws on the importance of women's education in Islam.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
"weird" is not the word I would pick for this blatantly misogynistic horseshit but ok

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Florida wants to be the most fascist state ever. They thought Handmaiden's Tale didn't go far enough.

Y'all really need to check why you gotta go with non-white terrorists or Sharia Law as your ultimate standard of evil when there are plenty of white, christofascist, cult-like, terrorists that get up to this level of shit. Not to mention Taliban were created by Americans. It's not just the global south where girls get treated the worst.

Also, Sharia Law is not about this, that's just Islamophobia thinking Muslims do this on the regular. Girls being educated is quite important in Islam. Not a fan of what Muslims follow regularly being equated to terrorism.

en.vogue.me

Following the Taliban's refusal to let Afghan girls go to school, a Muslim author draws on the importance of women's education in Islam.
I work with Muslims from Afghanistan who have suffered at the hands of the Taliban, which is why they are closer at hand to me than other groups. So fuck you and your implication.

Contactable

May 24, 2022

en.vogue.me

Well, nazis are usually used when it comes to politics, war etc. But, given that the topic is religious people and that the taliban DO stop women from education NOW, while previously having burned "heretics" alive during their attempt to establish a religious empire….

Unless you specifically want to ignore them they fit the bill perfectly. They are a great example of the ultimate evil.

behOemoth

Oct 27, 2017
That's plain misogynistic on every count. Half the world has Menstruation and people need to be enlightened about that and not indoctrinated to be ashamed and grossed out.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
By the same political party that would force an abused 10-year old to carry a pregnancy to term.

Aya

en.vogue.me

Whataboutism is blooming on Resetera like that algae blob in the Atlantic.

Yes America bad, Sharia good.

Do share, what is Sharia all about that is so awfully misunderstood?

mieumieu

Oct 25, 2017
The Farplane
When you see westerners unironically use "global south" in their apologetics of horrible shit happening in the global south you know they have contrarian brain worms

I can say that because in East Asian lol

Juturna

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reaffirming my decision to skip my cousin's bachelor party in Miami because I refuse to give a dime to that shit state.

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why are republicans so obsessed with the private parts of underage children 🤔
Oh wait they just plain hate women.

Polk

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
For us non Americans, 6th grade is what age? It must be around 11-12?
nvm I'm blind
Stupid

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Every hideous story like this, almost a daily occurrence at this point, just reaffirms our choice to sell our home and move up north this spring. It's so insane how they are in a race to go backwards.