Status
Not open for further replies.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
A confortable win by 5-1 at home before our first EL match. Bring it on Liège!!!

Also lol @ City. Bauld Fraud starting early this season!

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
How long until people realize Marco Silva is shite?

No better than what they were under Sam Allardyce and I'd argue worse.

Can't select a team for shit and can't get the best of out his players.

With the crop of players they have, there really shouldn't be any exuses. A good manager would have Everton confidently fighting for top 6. Current Everton don't even look like they're a definite top half side.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How long until people realize Marco Silva is shite?

No better than what they were under Sam Allardyce and I'd argue worse.

Can't select a team for shit and can't get the best of out his players.

With the crop of players they have, there really shouldn't be any exuses. A good manager would have Everton confidently fighting for top 6. Current Everton don't even look like they're a definite top half side.

We're far from convincing that's for sure and Silva definitely does have to deliver this season but he's done better than Allardyce. It's just factual that Silva's first season produced more goals, more wins Vs top 6, less goals conceded and several other improvements over Allardyce. Sure there's mitigation that Allardyce came in during a shambles and that Silva has spent more money but Allardyce also spent £50 million in his only window, and it was not money well spent.

I'd honestly like to hear why you think he was better. Most Evertonians agree that he should never have been given the job.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
We're far from convincing that's for sure and Silva definitely does have to deliver this season but he's done better than Allardyce. It's just factual that Silva's first season produced more goals, more wins Vs top 6, less goals conceded and several other improvements over Allardyce. Sure there's mitigation that Allardyce came in during a shambles and that Silva has spent more money but Allardyce also spent £50 million in his only window, and it was not money well spent.

I'd honestly like to hear why you think he was better. Most Evertonians agree that he should never have been given the job.

Same type of results with less talent. Marco Silva's side, despite having a talented squad, there is huge reliance on Richarlison and Sigurddson rather than any good solid team play.

Its frustrating watching the side fight for scraps, playing whatever football they're playing when you read such a fine starting lineup.

edit:

And another goal conceded from a set piece. How can an issue thats been around for more than a season not be addressed yet?

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hilarious stuff in Serie A between Brescia (who just came up from Serie B) and Bologna. A dominant performance by Brescia at home leading 3-1 in the first half, then Dessena (Brescia) has the excellent idea to dive despite already having a yellow at 48', so he gets sent off. Bologna scores two goals in 10 minutes and it's 3-3 after 60'. Brescia basically stopped playing, it's all Bologna now. They're very likely to win this at this point. Sucks to be Dessena whose dive costed Brescia 3 points that looked safe.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
Silva genuinely doesn't know how a team is meant to defend set pieces. That's the only explanation at this point.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some people say VAR doesn't really slow down the match. Well, Parma-Cagliari had 4 goals and VAR calls up the ass and is set to end with a whopping 12 minutes of extra time.

Another VAR situation, this match is never gonna end.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Some people say VAR doesn't really slow down the match. Well, Parma-Cagliari had 4 goals and VAR calls up the ass and is set to end with a whopping 12 minutes of extra time.

I don't buy this argument, how many games you seen over the years where teams waste time and then the ref adds 2 extra minutes? At least the VAR stoppages are honest.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Everton have a serious away-day problem and I'm not sure how it'll be fixed. 1 point in 3 and 5 wins in 22 is killing the team even though the form at home is very, very strong. There seems to be a mentality problem as much as tactics and/or quality in this regard. We lost the lead twice against Wolves two weeks ago yet always battling to regain it yet here once the goal inevitably goes in we looked resigned to the loss. In all probability we'll beat Sheffield United next week and keep up the home form but when that is constantly scuppered by a terrible away performance it's hard to be optimistic overall. And that's not even mentioning the game in midweek and the all-too-real possibility that it is a repeat of Miwall.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't buy this argument, how many games you seen over the years where teams waste time and then the ref adds 2 extra minutes? At least the VAR stoppages are honest.

I don't disagree, I just find stuff like this funny to see.

RWzUCop_d.jpg

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Arsenal looking good. Watford coming back into the game a bit but they're dealing with the pressure well so far.

If they can follow through with this game, they've made a pretty solid start to the season considering 2 of their first 5 opponents were CL finalists.

Will be a strong 3 way battle for the 3rd and 4th spots between Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham.

Status
Not open for further replies.