• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand why decisions like that take so long to resolve. Everyone watching at home saw it was handball as soon as the replay was shown but it took VAR another 2 minutes to come to the same conclusion? And they even made the ref run over to the sidelines and check hinself instead of immediately telling him over the earpiece.

VAR is so badly implemented goddamn.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From what I've seen he continues the shit Juve been displaying from last season but on top of that I don't think he'll get the results Allegri got. Question is if he'll lose the dressing room like at Chelsea.

Disagree. Juve started the championship playing well, in particular absolutely destroying Napoli before stopping the football and almost throwing it away in 20 minutes. The 0-0 against a solid team like Fiorentina (that scored 3 goals against Napoli) days before the UCL is really hard from a disaster. Right now Juventus is playing against Atletico just like everybody plays against Atletico at their stadium: roughly. So far Sarri isn't doing worse than Allegri by any means, and I'm no fan of the dude.

INST

Nov 2, 2017
Disagree. Juve started the championship playing well, in particular absolutely destroying Napoli before stopping the football and almost throwing it away in 20 minutes. The 0-0 against a solid team like Fiorentina (that scored 3 goals against Napoli) days before the UCL is really hard from a disaster. Right now Juventus is playing against Atletico just like everybody plays against Atletico at their stadium: roughly. So far Sarri isn't doing worse than Allegri by any means, and I'm no fan of the dude.

Fair enough, admittedly I've prolly seen much less of them.

Also damn, what a goal.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fair enough, admittedly I've prolly seen much less of them.

Also damn, what a goal.

This goal is definitely a good indication of my point. Incredible counter starting from an opposing corner as Bonucci launches Higuain, who waits for the teammates to arrive with Cuadrado coming in hot far from all defenders. This was a well planned attack, and then Cuadrado's shot was lovely. You rarely saw this kind of stuff with Allegri, he'd usually unleash this kind of stuff when it really mattered (elimination phase), staying conservative as long as possible. It made him reach two UCL finals so who am I to judge, but Sarri is doing good so far imho. Early too judge though.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Gueye has been outstanding. Like he is just a level above all of Madrid's midfielders.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I have the Madrid game on but not fully focused. I keep glancing at it off and on thinking PSG is in blue and defending massive waves of attacks...

Madrid seems pretty lousy.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
My stress levels are so high

Paris needs to win to clear their minds from the Manchester disaster that's still haunting them

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seems inevitable. Other than him, Perez ran out of managers to hire & fire.

Who isn't these days.

Fair point. He showed he's good enough against Liverpool, Tottenham and Chelsea towards the end of last season so I'm just curious how he'll perform against the other top European sides. He looks really good already from this at least.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
What strange subs from Zidane. Real really lacks creativity in build up and he took out the two players that tried something.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some disgusting acting by Atletico players in this match btw. Two blatant dives, now Cuadrado gets a yellow for literally nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.