• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyCoin

Oct 15, 2020

arrepiar-musica-close.jpg

tiebreaker

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Got tickets to watch Ipswich vs Morecambe, really looking forward to it as I haven't seen them live since 2012.

Hopefully with all the new additions Paul Cook can get a consistent side together.

I went to see them lose against Newport County last night.

On one hand, Ipswich Town were far more attacking orientated than last season — and missed an abundance of chances along the way — and Paul Cook felt comfortable enough to put out a much changed side from those who played against Morecambe.

On the other hand, they lost to Newport County, an oft mid-table League Two side.

Early days yet, but the mood at full time was discontentment, and it's only our second home match too … 😔

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Arsenal are on the brink of paying 30mil for a backup GK...and they want to dither about Maddison.

*sigh* This club will be the death of me...

Last edited:

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I went to see them lose against Newport County last night.

On one hand, Ipswich Town were far more attacking orientated than last season — and missed an abundance of chances along the way — and Paul Cook felt comfortable enough to put out a much changed side from those who played against Morecambe.

On the other hand, they lost to Newport County, an oft mid-table League Two side.

Early days yet, but the mood at full time was discontentment, and it's only our second home match too … 😔

I think they'll come good, though both of Stockton's goals were pretty sloppy from a defensive point of view, so better defenders are required to complement the other players.

I'll probably be at every home game as I can get access to complimentary tickets in the SAR stand upper tier.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if Pogba is disappointed a move didn't happen or quite happy to wait for a free move next season or Man U do a Sanchez/De Gea/Ozil/Sanchez sort of wage bump that turns out what the hell were you thinking dead wood.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I wonder if Pogba is disappointed a move didn't happen or quite happy to wait for a free move next season or Man U do a Sanchez/De Gea/Ozil/Sanchez sort of wage bump that turns out what the hell were you thinking dead wood.
Probably the latter, this is starting to become more popular now. No doubt these moves are likely very much pushed by super agents and their father, mother, uncle, 3rd cousin and other people that apparently want to get paid for a player moving to a club as a FA.

To me, they should make a new law that nobody gets money outside of the player. Someone getting paid for the simple reason that their sperm works is absurd.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Arsenal are on the brink of paying 30mil for a backup GK...and they want to dither about Maddison.

This will be Leno last season most likely, and ramsdale probably seen as the long term option.

Unfortunately I think ramsdale was pretty shit at Sheffield United and not so hot at Bournemouth before.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
If Pogba is moving as a free agent him and Raiola will likely both get themselves a huge signing on fee or a massively inflated wage ala Aaron Ramsey

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
oh absolutely he will. The only risk of waiting for a bosman is you get injured, but if you've just earned £30m in the last few years, that really shouldn't be THAT much of a worry. Even at just 0.1% interest that's still 300k a year.

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
I can see PSG getting the Invincibles record and treble with this squad, gonna laugh harder than I should though if they don't win the CL

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK

It wouldn't surprise me if they plan to shift Leno for £20m this window, or January at the latest. £10m outlay for a first choice keeper for the next decade doesn't sound as bad as £30m for a backup keeper.

obviously relies on a buyer for Leno, but he shouldn't be that hard to market.

Status
Not open for further replies.