• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Or it's like we have seen the same shit play out in PL where City walks home another title over and over and over again.

We will have seen City take the title 6 of 7 times in 7 years which is fucking boring and 4 times in a row. Prior to the 2017/18 season PL there was at least some change ups.
You taking it to the bank right now that City is going to win the title?

Have you seen the list of fixtures City has in front of itself to close out all competition this year?

I'd take your bet if you're putting your money on them to close out!

(also are you mad at City for this? It isn't their fault lol)

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
La Liga has had the most competitive title race out of all the big leagues. Juventus won nine in a row recently, Bayern have won eleven and PSG have won eight of the last eleven in Ligue 1. I think City will win every title until Pep retires or the 115 dharges sees them relegated to the National League North. I know everyone is laughing that Klopp's final season will probably end with only a League Cup and third place but Arteta is looking at another season without a trophy if they don't win the Champions League.

I don't think the US system is much better in some cases. The Chiefs have reached four of the last five Superbowls and won three of them. They;ve even faced the same team twice in that period.

HanzSnubSnub

Oct 27, 2017
Players looked dead on their feet in the second half but I feel bringing Jesus and Zinchenko back into the team has fucked things more.
I feel the same way. The level has been raised this season and I don't think either of them got the memo. When you make lineup changes, it's much easier to notice the weak spots and it was those two today.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's hardly like the NFL is much better recently in regards to dominant teams, You got people bitching about the Kansas City Swifties now and before that the New England Patriots.

Like, Liverpool and Arsenal have one major setback and suddenly it's 'congrats City' - the gap is still only two points and, whilst City definitely have a potentially easier set of remaining fixtures it's certainly not a done deal yet. Three way title fights in the Premier League are super rare and I'm happy it might be going down to the wire.

FuturusX

Oct 28, 2017
It's hardly like the NFL is much better recently in regards to dominant teams, You got people bitching about the Kansas City Swifties now and before that the New England Patriots.

Like, Liverpool and Arsenal have one major setback and suddenly it's 'congrats City' - the gap is still only two points and, whilst City definitely have a potentially easier set of remaining fixtures it's certainly not a done deal yet. Three way title fights in the Premier League are super rare and I'm happy it might be going down to the wire.

The problem is that City's final games were always the "easier" of the three teams. And Liverpool and Arsenal look vulnerable. Of course it's not over, but it's in the post for sure.

Oct 27, 2017
I feel the same way. The level has been raised this season and I don't think either of them got the memo. When you make lineup changes, it's much easier to notice the weak spots and it was those two today.
To be honest, Jesus has not been the same since his knee injury at the end of 2022. He was electrifying at the start of last season and raised the level of the entire team but since he got injured he seems to have lost his intensity.

He can still produce moments of magic with his elite dribbling and footwork (see last Tuesday against Bayern) but he is not the level raiser he used to be which sucks honestly.

With regards to Zinchenko, he's always had defensive errors in him but they seem to have multiplied this season. Dunno if he fully has his head in the game given what's going on in Ukraine, but we look so much more secure with Kiwior and especially Tomiyasu in the team so not sure why Arteta is shoehorning him back in.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck Leverkusen. No one cares.
8248-o.jpg

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
You taking it to the bank right now that City is going to win the title?

Have you seen the list of fixtures City has in front of itself to close out all competition this year?

I'd take your bet if you're putting your money on them to close out!

(also are you mad at City for this? It isn't their fault lol)

Current odds for City winning PL is around 1.40.

It's really low odds so yeah I'd take that bet, for Arsenal it's 5.00 and Liverpool 7.00.

Mad at City, I don't care about them as they are a boring shallow team. I'm as mad at City as like PSG.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Poor Kane, he signs up for Bayern to finally score a trophy in the team that most assuredly can do so, in theory, and here we are.

Peek-a-boo!

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Poor Kane, he signs up for Bayern to finally score a trophy in the team that most assuredly can do so, in theory, and here we are.

I still think Bayern Munich have a chance at the Champions League, but yes, of all years he turns up in the Bundesliga, Leverkusen have had a season for the ages.

On another note about the Premier League, when everybody was taking about who's likely to drop points between Arsenal and Liverpool a week or two ago, I just thought 'Manchester City are going to win every single game between now and the end of this season, just like they did last season and at least two or three prior seasons'.

Tottenham was going to be their likeliest stumbling block however, with Aston Villa likely to stay in fourth place, deservingly so, most of the players shall already be 'away on holiday' during their remaining games.

At least with Manchester City, very few people actually care — just one big shrug of the shoulder.

As for my own team, Ipswich Town are inevitably going to finish third, while Leicester will in all likelihood receive their points deduction when they're back up in the Premier League next season (with Leeds).

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Bayern would not have won the title last season if it wasn't for an incredible bottle job from Dortmund. I don't think Leverkusen will have much of a drop off next season unless a lot of their players leave which looks unlikely because Alonso is staying.

TheBee

Oct 18, 2023
I've sat in the Leppings Lane stand a couple of times and was always amazed that it was never demolished. When standing was banned from top level English football they simply bolted on seats to where the standing terracing was.

English stadiums were death traps by the 80's and fans were treated like cattle. For the most part a lot of grounds hadn't changed much since they were built earlier in the 20th century with a lot of changes just being minor alterations and added roofs etc.

Before the disaster at Hillsborough there had been several near misses including at a semi final earlier that decade but nothing was learned by the authorities and unfortunately the inevitable came into existence when 97 fans lost their lives in the 89 semi final.

This is one of the best videos to learn more about that day:

youtu.be

Football Focus - 20th anniversary of Hillsborough disaster pt 1

Remembering the horrendous tragedy of Apr 15 1989, where appalling mismanagement of a football match crowd by police resulted in the deaths of 96 Liverpool s...

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Wrexham's stadium is going to start looking completely out of place if they get promoted too much, like Luton in the Premiership but worse

Zaph

Oct 25, 2017
Palmer has really smart people around him - took a lot of confidence to walk away from City

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
woulda subbed off both of them after that nonsense - if palmer wants to take it then it should be as simple as that

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to remember if i've ever seen anything like that before. Super embarrassing.

It has happened here and there.

As a Liverpool fan I remember the lone season Balotelli was at the club he became all pissy and moany when the designated penalty taker Steven Gerrard took a penalty instead of him.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Only Chelsea could still embarrass themselves when they're winning 5 nil. That goal takes Palmer top of golden boot race and he's a penalty expert. Those other players should be embarrassed trying to take it off him.