• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zaph

Oct 25, 2017
want a chelsea win and it makes me feel sick

but really impressive AV defensive line. proper discipline

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck Leverkusen for real
8248-l.jpg

Oh my days, that shot from Mudryk.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
The worry now is Tottenham's game against City is going to be meaningless for them if they can't still finish 4th

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Finally saw the Chelsea 'winner.' Clear foul that.

How? Those happen all the time in midfield and nothing is given. Carlos is backing into Badiashile and gets outmuscled. VVD and Maguire do that all the time in the box as well.

The ref had a clear view and gave the goal, only for the VAR room to intervene for no reason with it not being a 'clear & obvious' error. Leave the decision making to the on field ref.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
How? Those happen all the time in midfield and nothing is given. Carlos is backing into Badiashile and gets outmuscled. VVD and Maguire do that all the time in the box as well.

The ref had a clear view and gave the goal, only for the VAR room to intervene for no reason with it not being a 'clear & obvious' error. Leave the decision making to the on field ref.

Getting out muscled in a 50/50 duel is different to a shove in the back, and yeah it's obvious that defenders are more protected and given more leeway in games to do this than attackers (let alone goalkeepers.) Is that fair? Maybe not but it'd make most games 7-6 affairs.

VAR felt it hit the threshold for a clear and obvious error and asked the ref to look again, who then overturned it. Seems that VAR worked in this instance.

Other calls not being given doesn't make this one not a foul.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
How bad is it that it doesn't matter how many pts the other teams drop, since your team can't seem to win? Like if Arsenal and Man City lose today, it doesn't mean anything for my Reds.