Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Has anyone actually got a standout team this Euros?

Feel like Germany and France are looking mid to good.

ItsComingHome

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone actually got a standout team this Euros?

Feel like Germany and France are looking mid to good.

ItsComingHome

France is basically the WC 22 team. Just a couple changes like Lloris and Varane out, youngsters like Zaïre-Emery and Barcola in, Saliba has become a king, but Deschamps doesn't use him. Not super optimistic. They were shit last friendlies (they were missing Griezmann though)

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
France is basically the WC 22 team. Just a couple changes like Lloris and Varane out, youngsters like Zaïre-Emery and Barcola in, Saliba has become a king, but Deschamps doesn't use him. Not super optimistic. They were shit last friendlies (they were missing Griezmann though)
Just what the heck is up with Deschamps and his feuds with certain players throughout the years?

TheBee

Oct 18, 2023
Did you bother to check this before posting? It's been slammed in the comments for spreading misinformation as the two events are related.

Hi mate, thanks for letting me know. I don't have X so can't view comments. Deleted it because of all the unchecked racism etc. I'll put a disclaimer on the original post.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Yes, it's very clearly handball. But just one of many things that you have to get over in life and shrug your shoulders because you can't change them. The league is what it is, the officials are what they are. Enjoy what you can, ignore what you can't. We're all Citizens this weekend anyway.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Live laugh love Joel Matip

According to Catalan radio, Laporta is about to sack Xavi because he gave a realistic assessment of competing against Real Madrid next season. What an unhinged individual. Looks like fucking Kirby with that exploding stomach.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/Thiago6/status/1791380069568696726?t=EhdEWk7GHQAXGF62t3M6pw&s=19

No surprise really. Such a shame about the injuries, easily one of the best footballers I've seen for us. A real pleasure to watch.

I never loved him like some people did. He was magical on the eye and I will remember that debut against Chelsea for eternity, but the constant availability issues, the stylistic challenges he brought as someone who always wants to try the spectacular in a setup that gets punished for giving the ball away, and just fundamentally the resources he drained from a club that needs to spend every penny wisely ground me down. I hope we take a percentage of that massive wage he's on and give it to Trent alongside a promise of future captaincy. I need him and Virgil's extensions pretty soon or I'm really going to worry.

coldsagging

AVALANCHE
Oct 27, 2017
I never loved him like some people did. He was magical on the eye and I will remember that debut against Chelsea for eternity, but the constant availability issues, the stylistic challenges he brought as someone who always wants to try the spectacular in a setup that gets punished for giving the ball away, and just fundamentally the resources he drained from a club that needs to spend every penny wisely ground me down. I hope we take a percentage of that massive wage he's on and give it to Trent alongside a promise of future captaincy. I need him and Virgil's extensions pretty soon or I'm really going to worry.
Yeah I can't disagree with much of that. How casual he could be in going for the spectacular never really bothered me though, even when it cost us. When he was on it he looked tiers above Premier League level, that game against United at Anfield where he took the absolute piss out of them will live longer in the memory that any misplaced pass for me.

I wonder if Trent also wants assurances he'll play in midfield, funnily enough if he did I think he'd be similar to Thiago, at least in terms of casually going for those special balls when they aren't always on. Probably even more so with Trent tbh. Not sure how I'd feel about it if we're going to a 2 at the base.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018

View: https://x.com/fabrizioromano/status/1791402250209808411?s=46

Ten Hag:

giphy.gif

Honest question for Utd fans, would you have him at your club? Loved him at the time when he was at ours but I think I'd rather stick with Poch atm.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Tuchel would take us to greater heights than Poch can. Should have never been sacked in the first place.

Would he have though? Would he have improved this squad, considering he has a very mixed track record when it comes to younger players? I mean Tuchel didn't rate Gallagher at all at the start of last season, this season he's massively improved under Poch, to the point hes been one of our best players.

Oct 27, 2017

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I can't disagree with much of that. How casual he could be in going for the spectacular never really bothered me though, even when it cost us. When he was on it he looked tiers above Premier League level, that game against United at Anfield where he took the absolute piss out of them will live longer in the memory that any misplaced pass for me.

I wonder if Trent also wants assurances he'll play in midfield, funnily enough if he did I think he'd be similar to Thiago, at least in terms of casually going for those special balls when they aren't always on. Probably even more so with Trent tbh. Not sure how I'd feel about it if we're going to a 2 at the base.
I think Trent probably needs to go there at this stage. The emergence of Bradley also makes it a likelier possibility.

I think a proper defensive midfielder is still the number one priority signing, followed by a centre back and an attacker. It's no coincidence that 97 point Liverpool emerged with peak-Fabinho, relentless winners City excelled with peak Rodri, and Arsenal have mounted a title challenge to the final day of the season with peak-Rice. It's one of the most important positions and despite Endo's qualities there's a line to be drawn between Liverpool's points totals and the performance of Liverpool's main number six.

Jan 1, 2024
Midgar
Would he have though? Would he have improved this squad, considering he has a very mixed track record when it comes to younger players? I mean Tuchel didn't rate Gallagher at all at the start of last season, this season he's massively improved under Poch, to the point hes been one of our best players.
I'm just looking at his record plain and simply.

1 CL win (I was there :) !). 1 CL Quarter Final marginally lost.

His 2021 calendar year PL record was a title challenging, perhaps even title winning record. If it was against a single season instead of a calendar year. If we had him from the start of 2020-2021 we may have won the league, definitely would have finished 2nd. 2021-2022 our challenge only broke down because of injuries.

3 domestic finals (I was at the Liverpool ones :( !), all marginally lost.

Qualified us for the CL via league position in his half season 2021 and full season 2021-2022.

In his time in the PL he turned the Pep-Klopp dupoly conversation into a Pep-Klopp-Tuchel triumvirate conversation.

Jan 1, 2024
Midgar
I don't think there's ever been a Klopp Pepe Tuchel conversation. Quite literally fanfic.
There was on the back of the 2020-2021 season and the first third of the 2021-2022 season. Chelsea beat Man City in league away, FA Cup Semi Final and CL Final during 2020-2021 under Tuchel and Liverpool away. In 2021-2022 we were top and on a winning streak until around late November. In that period Chelsea were perceived as on par with Liverpool and City. Most pundits were backing us to win the league thanks to the Lukaku signing. Then it all fell apart.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

Ten Hag:

giphy.gif

Honest question for Utd fans, would you have him at your club? Loved him at the time when he was at ours but I think I'd rather stick with Poch atm.

Wouldn't say no but not exactly clamouring for him to come.

Now that's a smooth as fuck move.

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017

Ten Hag:

giphy.gif

United would probably ruin him like they do all managers. I don't think you can coach that United team due to some incredibly poor characters in the dressing room.

Short term, they need better recruitment and an absolute vibesman of a manager to cheer the club up a bit before trying to become serious again. Might as well get Ole back, tbh.

FuturusX

Oct 28, 2017
United would probably ruin him like they do all managers. I don't think you can coach that United team due to some incredibly poor characters in the dressing room.

Short term, they need better recruitment and an absolute vibesman of a manager to cheer the club up a bit before trying to become serious again. Might as well get Ole back, tbh.

UTD should focus on fixing that roof, before worrying about a new manager. That's the real crisis at the club right now :P

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Let's not pretend like Southgate isn't already agreed to be the next United manager.

coldsagging

AVALANCHE
Oct 27, 2017
Southgate to United would be peak banter, please let it happen.

Slabhead leading the line again, a big signing like Connor Gallagher, sacked within 12 months.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Another manager at Utd wouldn't make any difference for that club.

I wouldn't want touch Utd with a 10 ft pole as a manager. I'm still puzzled why ten hag left Ajax that did well for Utd.