• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017

%D0%B0%D1%85%D0%B0%D1%85.gif

supkid

Oct 29, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
As a United fan I feel two things are destined to happen:

We finish 5th now the coefficient means there's no CL for it.
Dortmund win the CL and we have to pay them a contractually obliged bonus for Sancho winning it while being a United player.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Insane game, obviously City did everything you want a team to do to win a game but Real Madrid always finds a way.

Really fantastic to watch though, plenty of action, didnt get dirty, teams respected each other throughout. Amazing stuff and I cant believe we won, so proud of my dudes, an insane effort. Was so sure Nacho was gonna fuck it up lol, Spanish radio was going nuts.

dqslime

May 5, 2023
That second half Arsenal performance was just sad. Half an hour to score after Bayern's goal and no shots on target.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Insane game, obviously City did everything you want a team to do to win a game but Real Madrid always finds a way.

Really fantastic to watch though, plenty of action, didnt get dirty, teams respected each other throughout. Amazing stuff and I cant believe we won, so proud of my dudes, an insane effort. Was so sure Nacho was gonna fuck it up lol, Spanish radio was going nuts.

Also nice to have a non-racist away crowd and relatively competent refs.

HanzSnubSnub

Oct 27, 2017
That second half Arsenal performance was just sad. Half an hour to score after Bayern's goal and no shots on target.
First half was solid and I was pleased Tomiyasu made the lineup. That second half though… there was no energy left. It was sad because you could feel the game slipping from them as Bayern built more momentum. Honestly they are lucky it ended 1-0.

Jan 1, 2024
Midgar
Also the city/madrid game is the perfect example for why away goal rules were great for CL and need to make a comeback
The first game wouldn't have ended 3-3 if there were away goals.

I do agree with you that away goals need to return though. I loved them. A scenario where drawing in impossible and the game swinga one way or the other based on a single goal was incredible.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Cheering for Madrid whilst watching the match in Manchester. Ten Hag what have you done to me.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
First half was solid and I was pleased Tomiyasu made the lineup. That second half though… there was no energy left. It was sad because you could feel the game slipping from them as Bayern built more momentum. Honestly they are lucky it ended 1-0.
Yeah, we were frazzled. Arteta is a great coach but probably the biggest thing he needs to improve is squad management. He doesn't rotate nearly as much as he should do, even when we are winning games comfortably. Thus you have situations where Saliba, Saka and too many others are playing pretty much every single game.

He renewed Nelson's contract in the summer. Why has be barely played him? Partey has been fit for a while now yet has played like 10 minutes.

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, we were frazzled. Arteta is a great coach but probably the biggest thing he needs to improve is squad management. He doesn't rotate nearly as much as he should do, even when we are winning games comfortably. Thus you have situations where Saliba, Saka and too many others are playing pretty much every single game.

He renewed Nelson's contract in the summer. Why has be barely played him? Partey has been fit for a while now yet has played like 10 minutes.
Partey hasn't played much cause he's shite. He has no belief in the bench players outside of Tross, Jesus, and Zinchenko, and two of them have been injured for part of the season.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
The first game wouldn't have ended 3-3 if there were away goals.

I do agree with you that away goals need to return though. I loved them. A scenario where drawing in impossible and the game swinga one way or the other based on a single goal was incredible.

Away goals rule sucked. Proof: we lost a semifinal vs AC Milan because the games ended 0-0 and 1-1… both played in the same stadium even. There are way more away goals now, and teams try harder to win on away turf instead of simply trying to score 1 goal and then defend till the end.

Jan 1, 2024
Midgar
Away goals rule sucked. Proof: we lost a semifinal vs AC Milan because the games ended 0-0 and 1-1… both played in the same stadium even. There are way more away goals now, and teams try harder to win on away turf instead of simply trying to score 1 goal and then defend till the end.
I'm a Chelsea fan and we were crushed by a last minute Iniesta goal due to the rule. Nonetheless I would still have it. The fact you guys share a stadium doesn't matter. It's like Cricket or Baseball. When you can score away goals you must use that game more wisely, like a batting team trying to score more runs during their turn to bat. Each team has the knowledge. It's an extra slice of meta and tactics to the game state.

The one thing I'd change is to turn off away goals in Extra Time, because that gives a team 30 minutes extra to score away goals.

Oct 27, 2017
Partey hasn't played much cause he's shite. He has no belief in the bench players outside of Tross, Jesus, and Zinchenko, and two of them have been injured for part of the season.
Partey is most certainly not shite, what a weird thing to say. He was one of our most important players last season. He's just been out for a long time and needs game time to get back to full match sharpness, something Arteta has not given him so far. Even in his brief cameos, he has shown true quality...he helped set up our winner against City earlier in the season and he's the one who played Saka through in the dying moments of the first leg.

I'm a Chelsea fan and we were crushed by a last minute Iniesta goal due to the rule. Nonetheless I would still have it. The fact you guys share a stadium doesn't matter. It's like Cricket or Baseball. When you can score away goals you must use that game more wisely, like a batting team trying to score more runs during their turn to bat. Each team has the knowledge. It's an extra slice of meta and tactics to the game state.

The one thing I'd change is to turn off away goals in Extra Time, because that gives a team 30 minutes extra to score away goals.
One thing Gary Lineker has pointed out is incredibly unfair is that the team who play the second leg at home get a big advantage if the game goes to extra time. Essentially, 30 more minutes of the tie is played at one teams ground over the other which doesn't feel right.

Jan 1, 2024
Midgar
One thing Gary Lineker has pointed out is incredibly unfair is that the team who play the second leg at home get a big advantage if the game goes to extra time. Essentially, 30 more minutes of the tie is played at one teams ground over the other which doesn't feel right.
I have always been of the opinion the opportunity to score a killer away in 30 minutes is a greater advantage than home advantage. Because mechanically in the game you have 30 minutes extra to score a goal of more value.

I absolutely hate these "banter" shows, complete over the top nonsense, all in the vain pursuit of getting something to go viral. Football for the TikTok generation.
This one is on American TV, I don't think it would do as well over here in the UK, I think it's been influenced by similar American Sports shows. Even though ironically it's filmed here in the UK in the same building as VAR is located.

immortal-joe

Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely hate these "banter" shows, complete over the top nonsense, all in the vain pursuit of getting something to go viral. Football for the TikTok generation.

This particular studio show is precisely engineered to produce the kind of banter and short-form viral content you are referring to.

I don't see any harm in it, but I cannot stand Carragher. He brings this pretentious and smarmy energy that just puts me off.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
I have always been of the opinion the opportunity to score a killer away in 30 minutes is a greater advantage than home advantage. Because mechanically in the game you have 30 minutes extra to score a goal of more value.

Me too. I always disliked extra time with away goal rule. If home team scores first in extra time, the away team still only needs to score one to win. Of course it's the same as the rest of the game, but the home team never got the opportunity to play 30 extra minutes away in the first leg.