• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
www.youtube.com

England Euro 2004 Exit Montage BBC

BBC's montage of England at Euro 2004 after getting knocked out in the Quarter Finals by Portugal. The song is Unwritten Natasha BedingfieldJames Neville Col...

This showed up in my feed today. And I've always said this was the tournament England's "Golden Generation" should have won. I say this because I think this was the only tournament Wayne Rooney entered without injuries(2006), private life stuff(2010) or suspended for the first 2 games(2012). Paul Scholes was still around and actually did quite well on that infamous left side position. Michael Owen still had something about him before he became injured all the time. England also surprisingly scored a lot in a tournament as well, which wasn't the case in other tournaments around this time when it was a lot of 1-0s and relying almost exclusively on setpieces from Beckham. That last minute Sol Campbell disallowed goal vs Portugal is still odd I think, Wayne Rooney of course gets injured in that game(does he ever play this well for England again after that?) so maybe they wouldn't be able to beat Netherlands or Greece later.

e3575c7a5a492b3293ee5eca85b8e628.png

I guess things that were always faults that meant they never were gonna win this tournament:

- David James as the goalkeeper maybe isn't the reliable rock at the back you want. But I think he still was superior to some of the keepers later like Robinson, Green etc.
- Eriksson's tactics often gets blamed for not taking this team further in tournaments. His obsession with 4-4-2 and craming in the best players into that system perhaps wasn't the best. But I think his biggest fault was sitting back on leads and subbing strikers for midfielders and midfielders for defenders in quite negative moves.
- No Rio Ferdinand because of his ban. But I still think Terry-Campbell is a good enough CB partnership to go all the way

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think City wins all the their remaining matches(even Spurs especially if they play suicidal mateball), but I always thought the idea that Brighton was one of the their harder fixtures was not based on the reality of the current season. In their current form Brighton is probably the easiest of the run-in.

Forest is in a relegation battle and will be desperate for a point, just like last season when they took points off City.
Wolves already beat City this season.
Fulham destroyed Brighton recently too and took 5 points off Arsenal, they're just a better team this season.
Spurs is Spurs and West Ham might be playing for European football in the last match and have no qualms with playing terrorist ball..
I think they all perform better than Brighton.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
I saw the Portland, Maine USL logo last night. It's fantastic. Public reveal will be tomorrow, but the team nickname is (in my opinion) the best in the nation.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Why do I even bother with EA fc? no Ødegaard in team of the season, but they put Nkunku in it.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
Finished 2nd and won the Dutch cup, can see why he's the perfect Klopp replacement

In all seriousness though, no manager will ever be able to deliver what Klopp did for us so I'm not expecting the greatness we got with him, but a consistent Top 4 finish, a trophy every few seasons and decent runs in the CL and I'll be happy. The fact that Feyenoord fans seem to be gutted at him leaving is certainly affirming lol, I just don't know how he'll adapt to the PL or how well the rebuild will be. One thing is for sure, the press and certain sections of the fans will be on him from day one and that alone could be his biggest test