Xando

Oct 28, 2017
I would be surprised if city walks away from this investigation with anything more than a huge fine and maybe a 6 months transfer ban.

Oct 27, 2017
I would be surprised if city walks away from this investigation with anything more than a huge fine and maybe a 6 months transfer ban.
Why? The FA have set a precedent with the points deductions levelled at Everton and Nottingham Forest and the charges levelled at City are orders of magnitude more serious.

Anything less than full relegation will see teams in the PL riot and the league fall apart.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Why? The FA have set a precedent with the points deductions levelled at Everton and Nottingham Forest and the charges levelled at City are orders of magnitude more serious.

Anything less than full relegation will see teams in the PL riot and the league fall apart.
There is no way the FA will kneecap themselves and relegate or seriously damage the only PL club that is currently able to consistently compete for the top crown in europe

Oct 27, 2017
There is no way the FA will kneecap themselves and relegate or seriously damage the only PL club that is currently able to consistently compete for the top crown in europe
Erm…what?

I highly doubt the FA gives a flying fuck about the Champions League. It's not even an FA competition. Their biggest concern is maintaining the stability and image of the Premier League. They're already gonna take a disastrous hit to their reputation if City are found guilty, for allowing their crimes to go unpunished for so long, and they'll be shot of City in a heartbeat if it stems the bleeding. They'll have no choice, the other clubs will not tolerate a whitewash.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
PL doesn't want to come out and say "the last 10 years of competition were bs, our entire slogan of most competitive league in the world and everyone can win is bs" and then have to force the sale of 2or 3 teams whose (state)owners are more than happy to pay to promote the global brand of PL and English football.

The PR damage will cause money damage and make many of the (totally not sponsor countries) pull out of marketing or worse, market other football leagues. At best you will get a small slap in the wrist and some small tweaks but people expecting major fixes are living in lalaland.

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
PL doesn't want to come out and say "the last 10 years of competition were bs, our entire slogan of most competitive league in the world and everyone can win is bs" and then have to force the sale of 2or 3 teams whose (state)owners are more than happy to pay to promote the global brand of PL and English football.

The PR damage will cause money damage and make many of the (totally not sponsor countries) pull out of marketing or worse, market other football leagues. At best you will get a small slap in the wrist and some small tweaks but people expecting major fixes are living in lalaland.
This. Nothing will happen, maybe a slap on the wrist.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how you can look at the past year or so and think the PL don't want to severely punish City

Bodhi

Oct 5, 2022
What's everyone's hype for the Euros? I'm pulling for a miracle run to quarters for Serbia. The morale is so low right now, and I wish we suck ass in the next two friendlies against Sweden and Austria. For the A- team to show up in Germany…

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they will make City vacate their titles. I think a lengthy transfer ban and fine is all they get.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Then why the heck did they bring up the charges in the first place?!
Because they cant pretend their league is actually competitive when ManCity has won 7 out of 8 and they have been flauting every single thing to show off, and the other teams also complained.
But time come to actually put a penalty, they will get a slap in the wrist and some small tweaks instead of the actual reforms and punishment that would be required to address the current situation and the proliferation of state owned sport washing operations that do not function under the same economic rules as the rest of the teams.

INST

Nov 2, 2017
What's everyone's hype for the Euros? I'm pulling for a miracle run to quarters for Serbia. The morale is so low right now, and I wish we suck ass in the next two friendlies against Sweden and Austria. For the A- team to show up in Germany…

Kroos to win it. Otherwise just fun games really, don't care much about NT usually. Bonus points if a big nation gets eliminated early.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Hope that
Juve was relegated for the match fixing scandal and they were back winning not long after. City is established with a very talented youth system and a squad so deep their backups could finish in the upper half of the table.
Don't many high level players/stars have exit clauses if their team gets relegated?

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Hope that

Don't many high level players/stars have exit clauses if their team gets relegated?

Yes but I suspect a core group would stay but even if all the stars left, the youth and home grown players would be miles better than most championship teams. FWIW, I think it would take a multi year penalty to make any difference.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Juve was relegated for the match fixing scandal and they were back winning not long after. City is established with a very talented youth system and a squad so deep their backups could finish in the upper half of the table.
At least Juventus got stripped two scudettos. The FA has to find a middle ground somewhere. At least if they want people to take the league seriously.

Because they cant pretend their league is actually competitive when ManCity has won 7 out of 8 and they have been flauting every single thing to show off, and the other teams also complained.
But time come to actually put a penalty, they will get a slap in the wrist and some small tweaks instead of the actual reforms and punishment that would be required to address the current situation and the proliferation of state owned sport washing operations that do not function under the same economic rules as the rest of the teams.
See above. And that was the FIGC who are by no means angelic themselves. At some point, you can't sweep it under a rug anymore.

Oct 25, 2017
Dundee, Scotland
Yes but I suspect a core group would stay but even if all the stars left, the youth and home grown players would be miles better than most championship teams. FWIW, I think it would take a multi year penalty to make any difference.

Even that is unlikely to do too much to their overall model. A better example to look to would be Rangers, who were dropped to the bottom tier of the Scottish leagues yet were back to SPL champions in fairly short order.

The grim reality is that the owners have set up City for long term success with a strong multi club model, brilliant recruitment and scouting networks and top youth development.