For anyone who pre-ordered, have you cancelled (or plan to cancel) your pre-order?

• I pre-ordered both systems and cancelled (or plan to cancel) my PS5 pre-order

Votes: 54 4.8%
  • I pre-ordered both systems and cancelled (or plan to cancel) my Series X pre-order

Votes: 97 8.6%
  • I pre-ordered only the PS5 and cancelled (or plan to cancel) my pre-order

Votes: 27 2.4%
  • I pre-ordered only the Series X and cancelled (or plan to cancel) my pre-order

Votes: 11 1.0%
  • I'm keeping my pre-order/pre-orders!

Votes: 942 83.3%

• Total voters

Harris Katz

Apr 9, 2018
Just curious where everyone is right now on keeping or cancelling pre-orders... Personally, I had pre-ordered both a PS5 and a Series X. But, as it has been getting closer to release, I decided that I really did not need a Series X at this point and cancelled my pre-order and will get one down the road. I think that I really only pre-ordered the Series X because of an impulse buy when presales went live and the Bethesda purchase was at the forefront of my mind! For me, I don't need both right now.

As news has started to come out about both consoles, has anyone else changed their minds on getting both or either at launch and cancelled their pre-orders on one or the other?

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm clinging to those pre-orders like the Trix Rabbit clings to sugary breakfast cereal.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Only ordered a PS5, so keeping that for the exclusives. I'll pick up an Series X when I can just walk into a store and pick one up without hassle or taking it away from someone else who might really want one. Not in a rush for it.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Only pre ordered the series x and im keeping it. considered a series s for the bedroom though.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Anyone cancelling their PS5 pre-order, just let me know and I'll buy it out from you lol

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
I pre-ordered both, but gave my pre-order for the XsX to somebody else so that they had a chance. At the moment, Microsoft has a great console, but I''m going to wait for more content before I spend the money. PS5, Switch and PC will hold me off for a long while until that point.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
14% of you really preordered a Series X and are now canceling it? What the hell guys?

Oct 25, 2017
I pre-ordered both but cancelled the Series X pre-order pretty soon after. There are just so many games I want to play on PS5 that I can't justify buying Xbox yet. Will buy either Series X or a new PC a year or two later.

Omeganex9999

Oct 25, 2017
London
Pre-ordered both and keeping both. I might sell the XSX if next year I'm able to get a 3080 and game pass for PC gets on par with the one for Xbox. Right now that's not the case.

JFoul

Oct 25, 2017
Pre-ordered both and Ive been going back and forth about canceling both.

I'll probably cancel my PS5 direct from Sony if Demon's Souls doesn't review well. I'm also not really in the mood for another souls game anyways.

Deleted member 10193

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pre-ordered both but cancelled Series X. I am mainly a PS guy but Bethesda stuff moving to Xbox made me pre-order but I cancelled the Series X and will probably pick up a Series S for gamepass sometime next year.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
Ordered both, Kept both. 2020 has been a pretty dire year any happiness will be an improvement tbh.

Steve McQueen

Nov 1, 2017
Netherlands
Pre-ordered a PS5 and Series S ( short on money for a XSX ).

Thinking about cancelling the Series S though.
The lack of new first party games is hard to swallow for me personally. I'm sure it's a great console, and I'll pick it up when the exclusives are gonna be released.

I don't really feel like playing older games on Series S, when the PS5 stands next to it, with some new games.

Will buy Series S/X eventually, but they'll have to wait.

LukeA

Dec 28, 2018
I preordered both. I look forward to the PS5.

The Xbox Series X actually had me more excited, but I have a pretty slick gaming PC, which has got me thinking... What am I actually getting with a Series X? There's nothing I can't play on my PC or my PS5.

dseed

Oct 27, 2017
I pre-ordered both and cancelled both. built a new computer instead. Just really nothing exciting on either console that I can't get on PC. Will get a ps5 for Horizon/God of war.

Deleted member 14927

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have the XSX on pre-order and friend had managed to snag a couple of PS5's so was going to take the spare.

Had a rethink and the XsX and RTX3080 will ride me out a couple of years and will pick up a PS5 when there is more Sony first party out there to play on it, as 1st party MS and 3rd Party will all be on the XsX \ PC combo.

Deleted member 41178

Banned
Mar 18, 2018
I've got a Xbox coming from All Access via GAME and a PS5 physicql coming from amazon.

I'm thinking of cancelling my PS5 DE pre-order at Argos, I offered it to a friend but he can't afford it and it seems like a bit of a hassle to sell it.

Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
Keeping my PS5 pre-order, planning to go to the store to collect it. That's if it re-opens after this firebreak lockdown Wales is currently under, otherwise i'll assume they'll arrange delivery to my flat.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
I'm keeping my PS5 and PS5 digital pre order. Also all the accessories I pre ordered as well, I didn't pre order any games, since I'm going digital.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
Preordered the PS5 and keeping itā€“ so excited for Demon's Souls and the DualSense controller!

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
I have two Xbox Series X's preordered. One from amazon and one from the Microsoft store. If both go through, we're selling the extra to my wife's boss.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
I had a Series X and a PS5 but I was able to preorder a Series S. With my current setup I am going to drop the Series X, have the PS5 hooked up to my TV as my main console and my Series S hooked up to my 1440p monitor as a purely Game Pass machine.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Preordered both and I'm keeping both. Already have been changed for my OS5 accessories, and I've also already digitally preordered games on both consoles. So I am ready to go.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
I preordered both. I will cancel my XSX assuming my 3080 shows up when Amazon says it will.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Preordered both and keeping both. Who knows how long before I would be able to get at MSRP again...

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Pre-ordered a Series X > Cancelled

Pre-ordered a Series S > Cancelled (This one was just silly; caught up in the moment of seeing them go live again)

Pre-ordered a PS5 > Keeping it

Ultimately, I'll play Game pass games on my decent PC and wait to do an upgrade for a bit (Thought about keeping the Series X for a couple of years before upgrading, but I don't need to do that. Ultimately, the PC will be a lot better than any console). Sony ultimately still has a lot of great exclusives I want to play and I'm excited for the controller innovations.

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
PS5 preordered from Amazon and keeping it. Just waiting on them to confirm the date!

taco543

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
Fresno CA
I preordered 2 ps5s, just in case and now am giving one to a buddy, and keeping the other. I also ordered a series s and series x, and keeping the x giving s to buddy.