Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Just announced at Celebration.

rotj-in-theaters-40th-celebration-onesheet_1e34d642.jpeg

www.starwars.com

SWCE 2023: Star Wars: Return of the Jedi Will Be Back in Theaters for 40th Anniversary Celebration

Get all the details, and see Matt Ferguson's beautiful commemorative poster.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
That's a legitimately great poster.

EDIT: Oh god I'm going down a Matt Ferguson rabbit hole.

www.cakesandcomics.com

The Art of Matt Ferguson

Cakes and Comics features the art and alternative posters of Matt Ferguson. Matthew has worked for Marvel, 20th Century Fox, Paramount Studios and many more.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
If Jedi Rocks is still in, while Yub Nub is out, then hard pass.

May 24, 2019
It's insane that they'll put this back out in theaters without removing that mid 90's CG barffest band performance.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
There's also new 4k special editions being released. Wonder what's special about them?

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
why is Obi Wan's force ghost old man Alec Guiness (not younger Ewan McGregor) but Anakin's force ghost is young Hayden Christensen instead of old man Anakin?

i hope Filoni is spinning out a new D+ 5 season show to explain this, it could be called Star Wars: Ghosts

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Which version?

Stupid jedi rocks version?
Stupid no yub-nub version?
Stupid "nOoOoOoO" versrsion?

Or a super-stupid version combining the three?

ThatThomas

Sep 3, 2018
I for one vastly prefer the (latest) special edition of ROTJ over the theatrical version and don't care who knows it.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
Like the versions on TV, Disney Plus, etc, it'll assuredly be the most recent versions including Jedi Rocks and the "NOOOOOO"

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
wow that poster is great, ESB is even better, for people who completely missed this like me
image_ed0b52b5.jpeg

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
"We're excited to announce to today's audience that we are in fact screening Harmy's Despecialized edition! Yes, please sign these NDA forms and don't tell anyone about it haha. Enjoy!"

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Always baffled at the people asking about the original edition. You know George would not ever share that version lol

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If only they would screen the version that is actually 40 years old.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Always baffled at the people asking about the original edition. You know George would not ever share that version lol

Is it up to him anymore though? Doesn't Disney own it all now? You'd think they'd milk it by releasing every possible edition of the trilogy and watch fans gobble it all up.

Star Wars trilogy: Theatrical edition
Star Wars trilogy: Black and White edition
Star Wars trilogy: Filoni approved edition
Star Wars trilogy: everyone is portrayed by muppets all voiced by Frank Oz edition