Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooble

Oct 28, 2017
What is the point of an ecosystem or a exclusive console if you can play their stuff on PC without needing the hardware.

Ocolus with their headsets and entire VR ecosystem as well as exclusive games, as well Apple Arcade that has exclusive games only on their subscription and hardware have far more exclusives than anything on Xbox and GamePass. It's actually much more old school than the current multiplatform trend, with games you can only get on their platform and no where else.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Your thread title doesn't match your opening post.

Does Microsoft have worse games than Apple and Meta? That's what your title mentions. Then you write that you need exclusivity to be compelled to buy a hardware product.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
If you think anyone buys a iPhone because it has exclusive games in its subscription service i have a bridge to sell you.

indosmoke

Oct 30, 2017
France
What is the point of an ecosystem or a exclusive console if you can play their stuff on PC without needing the hardware.
Not the overall point of your post, I know, but what if you don't have a (capable) PC?

I know PC gaming is huge worldwide, but do we even have metrics or even rough estimation of the percentage of "gamers" having a gaming-capable PC? That's a serious question btw.
(and hopefully this is not consider as thread derailing)

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
This is just the old "why buy an Xbox when you have a PC?" thread again under a different name.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Apple Arcade is the worst. Locking games exclusively to a subscription service with an platform exclusivity requirement on top is just bad.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
games being tied to apple arcade, and not being offered as a one time purchase anywhere, is a good thing
great post LOL

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
490a16c371c3a0810aa1d97025b1b602.jpg

I know times are rough right now, but maybe we can cool it a little with the searing hot takes...

Status
Not open for further replies.