Oct 25, 2017
Specifically looking for one that records front and back while car is parked.

I came out from class today, only to discover some scumbag pried and stole the front Honda emblem off my civic, and scratched the bumper in the process. Gonna call my school's security office tomorrow, but pretty sure the parking lot at my CC has no cameras.

Thankfully the emblems for Honda seem to be under $20, but outside of getting a dashcam that records even when parked, I'm pretty sure this will happen again.

Any recommendations?

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I remember the Thinkware F800 as being fairly well regarded. It is a bit pricy (~400 CAD == 300 US), but it has both front and rear cameras.

OP
OP
WarpSpeedMolasses
Oct 25, 2017
I remember the Thinkware F800 as being fairly well regarded. It is a bit pricy (~400 CAD == 300 US), but it has both front and rear cameras.

Yea a bit steep, but probably worth it if it catches/prevents instances like these + being there should an accident occur. Gonna look it up and compare with others, thanks.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
I dont have a suggestion really, I use an Anker one. I mostly just came to post this:

f0VP324.gif

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Specifically looking for one that records front and back while car is parked.

I came out from class today, only to discover some scumbag pried and stole the front Honda emblem off my civic, and scratched the bumper in the process. Gonna call my school's security office tomorrow, but pretty sure the parking lot at my CC has no cameras.

Thankfully the emblems for Honda seem to be under $20, but outside of getting a dashcam that records even when parked, I'm pretty sure this will happen again.

Any recommendations?
Not answering the question but a dash cam recording isn't going to stop random scumbags doing that to you car.. they're more for insurance he said/she said arguments.

OP
OP
WarpSpeedMolasses
Oct 25, 2017
I dont have a suggestion really, I use an Anker one. I mostly just came to post this:

f0VP324.gif

Heh. Truly a Simpsons gif for everything. I dunno wtf someone would want with it, it's not like its a luxury/high-priced item.
Not answering the question but a dash cam recording isn't going to stop random scumbags doing that to you car.. they're more for insurance he said/she said arguments.
I mean, I dunno if this makes me petty, but if they're captured on camera in park-record-mode, then that's still better than my current predicament.

I still can't believe they aren't built into cars as standard.

It was mounted flush on my bumper. Is there another variation/placement method that makes it more secure??

Last edited: