skrskg

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
The thread about Marbula One made a lot aware of the joys of watching Jelle's Marble Runs.

Here's something similiar, but with diecast model cars competing with each other.

The channel is called 3D Bot Maker and I discovered it recently.

Here's the first qualifying races in two recent and different competitions. Diecast Rally Championship and Ferrari Diecast Racing Tournament. Both competitions are finished, so if you enjoy them you can watch the other events in each series.

They share the same production values as Jelle's, with commentary and exciting races.

And some spectacular crashes.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate that they've actually built scenery around the course. Its a little touch that ads a ton to the presentation. Kind of wish the courses were a bit more elaborate but I don't know if they cars would even have enough momentum to finish.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's always a good race when Crazy Jimmy is behind the wheel

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea, but after the beginning of the race the cars share the same track so I'm not sure how that would work.

Its just a set of spinning wheels on either side of the track that just speed the car up very quickly so it doesn't lose momentum and keep going. You could potentially put them around a looping track and just have cars going indefinitely if they were spaced apart smartly. Though that might fuck with the whole scoring arrangement they have.

OP
OP
skrskg

skrskg

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Its just a set of spinning wheels on either side of the track that just speed the car up very quickly so it doesn't lose momentum and keep going.

But wouldn't those spinning wheels have to be set in single lanes? If so, I guess the problem would be about how to get the cars into those safely after the open parts of the tracks where all the fun stuff happens.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
I used to race my cars like this when I was a kid. My dad had long segments of roll up shutters that were just wide enough to fit these cars so me and a friend laid then end to end and we'd use any junk we could find to make interesting jumps or tunnels. One of our signature sections was a tunnel made of a grimy length of PVC pipe. Ah memories.

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
haha, I was thinking about this earlier today. I watched the first one when it released, need to catch up on the rest.

OP
OP
skrskg

skrskg

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Just finished watching this and damn, it was chaos, especially the group 2.

Yeah, I'm surprised how much drama there can be with only four cars racing down the track.

And that intersection after the finished line is perfectly placed.

The Rally Championships are still my favorite, with those jumps, but this race with the heavier cars (and how they interact with the track) might become a contender.

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
Round 3 of the DRC was great!

I hope the two spectators who were hit are okay.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I haven't had a laugh as good as watching "Crazy Jimmy" in a while. That whole race series is a good time.

The reverse intimidation through the tunnel got me. šŸ˜‚

"Who knew a Fiero could drift?! If anyone can do it, it's Crazy Jimmy."

Last edited:

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I just noticed they even go through the detail/trouble of adding little Easter-eggs on the track.

During the races that have a DeLorean, there's a sign with a picture of Doc that says "We have to go back".

docrace18k33.png

Edit** Oops, double post.