Status
Not open for further replies.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
From Forbes.com

The entire Anthem roadmap is now delayed. BioWare delivered on practically nothing that was supposed to get here in April other than yesterday's Stronghold and a live event or two, but now everything else that fans assumed would not be crammed into the final week of the month has indeed been delayed. That would be things like a mastery system, guilds, leaderboards, various freeplay events, more legendary missions and also May's Cataclysm, which BioWare will now talk about in May, but it almost certainly won't be out next month.

There is no revised roadmap, there are no new dates or months attached to any of these items, only a statement from BioWare that their mistake was talking about things too soon, and they'd wait to reveal stuff closer to when it was actually ready going forward.

Perhaps most biting was the section about loot in the update post, namely that BioWare knows that loot and progression are a problem, and they are working on fixes yet they have nothing to announce on the topic. No drop rate increases, no additional sources of legendaries, no word on new or missing items. And again, no promised dates for any potential upcoming changes.

It seems that there is no putting out the fire that is Anthem. And Bioware is supposed to be building a new game (DA4, allegedly) in the midst of all this? I'm sure that'll turn out any better.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
nUzCkX0.gif

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Yeassh....
This game needed more time to be made which is sad with how long they had but still. At this rate the game wont have a big enough community when the first big event happens.

Oct 25, 2017
What's the point even, people will have abandoned the game by the time this stuff finally hits the pavement.

The word "roadmap" is really starting to rub me the wrong way too with these GaaS titles.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Jesus Christ no matter how BioWare tries to spin everyone now thinks another Andromeda is imminent.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the time I spent getting up to GM2, but after running a few Strongholds and doing some world exploration, I completely lost interest. Too bad. Feel sorry for the dev's who tried, and want to give a big middle finger to those in charge who fucked this up so bad.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Sounds like EA has grabbed Bioware's leg and is dragging it out towards the death pit that all those other studios got murdered in.

SonicThrust

Banned
Nov 8, 2018
I can only hope for the developers there that it's at least in part to addressing the crunch culture with the work the press did to reveal it.

Or if not and the game is just that unsalvageable... that those that are there can just get the hell out.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I think this is all the same info we got from the PC Gamer thread yesterday

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Might as well not even bother at that point.

Pull another ME and bail.

Actually, I guess this is pretty much what they're doing?

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Calling it now: BioWare will not exist by 2022 and if it does it will not be as an EA studio.

This is not a wish, it's a prediction. Godspeed to everyone at BioWare.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
At what point do they just pull the plug and genuinely try to regroup as a studio? Too much money wrapped up into Anthem, I guess.

Admit that enough is enough, assess the leadership and workplace issues (if possible), and focus on Dragon Age. Maybe remaster the Mass Effect Trilogy to try and win back some goodwill.

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I'd rather they delay stuff than ruin the last bit of mental and physical health their employees still have left trying to meet impossible deadlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.