• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ser_Luke

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 30, 2019
www.forbes.com

A Narrative Of Sony And PS5 As ‘Anti-Consumer’ Is Starting To Take Shape

Sony is in a strong position with the PS5, but it's starting to feel like they know that a little too well.

All Microsoft's efforts to paint themselves as "pro-consumer" are starting to bear fruit, while Sony, staying with the industry standards or even moving in the opposite direction, is starting to feel a little "anti-consumer" to some potential players in contrast.

What am I talking about? A number of issues.

The thing that set this off most recently was Sony and Insomniac detailing the upcoming release of Spider-Man: Miles Morales which can be bundled with a PS5 remaster of the original Spider-Man. But unlike Xbox and its Smart Delivery upgrades, free upgrades of last gen games to next gen, that is not the case with Spider-Man, which does not have a free or even cheap upgrade path for PS5 as part of this bundle

OP
OP
Ser_Luke

Ser_Luke

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 30, 2019
Oh my gosh my stupid phone I go by mistake before I finished typing

Status
Not open for further replies.