• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah many men in South Korea are severely anti-feminist unfortunately. Game looked fun but looks like I'll skip it. Unacceptable behavior.

Semfry

Oct 25, 2017
Given all I've seen of this game is a random giant ass shot I can't say I'm surprised.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah after seeing the trailer I kinda figured the people who made the game weren't big on feminism

ajoshi

Sep 11, 2021
Half of SK gen z and millennials are pretty cursed on anything touching the F/ㅍ word (and virtually every other social item), really a reactionary regression from gen X.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
This is probably the least surprising case of workplace harassment in the videogame industry I've ever seen.

Still sucks, though. I wasn't interested in the game, now I'll actively avoid it.

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
Yeah many men in South Korea are severely anti-feminist unfortunately. Game looked fun but looks like I'll skip it. Unacceptable behavior.

Yeah this.

I posted in another thread a while back, but around 75% of men in their 20s and 30s are anti-feminist with around 25%-30% in each age group of that 75% having patriarchal views.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This game has seemed extremely gross and blatantly pervy since minute one, so I'm really not surprised the dev has anti-feminist leanings.

Disappointed, yes, but not surprised.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
South Korea and anti feminism in a nutshell. I had a feeling given how the boob and ass physics were insanely exaggerated.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
I think this is a megalia thing, there were cases in the past of women being fired/harassed for showing support for it. Its terrible.

Supposedly Megalia aren't perfect but firing someone for a vague association is nuts

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
the "lets-put-the-girl-in-a-skin-tight-jiggly-suit-thats-three-times-shinier-than-anything-else-on-the-screen" company?

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Considering the kind of advertising they are doing, not surprising.

Wasn't planning to buy it, but this confirms I should avoid it like a plague.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still not convinced this game is anything special beyond its flashy visuals. And shit like this just makes it a no buy regardless

Oct 27, 2017
I genuinely can't believe Sony stepped in to publish this tripe. It's like "aren't there ANY BETTER PROJECTS you could've spent this money on?"
Agreed.

When it was first shown I was actually surprised this showed up in that showcase. It just seemed like the opposite of what Sony usually does.

So the fact they even went further and actually funded it further is weird as hell.

Jun 24, 2019
User banned (a week): inflammatory generalization
Y'know, it's pretty telling why South Korea's birthrate sunk an 0.81 all time low...

inceldom is rampant there.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Not surprised. Not only this game, devs aren't the ones from Blade and Soul and the likes?

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
But guys, sexualization is fine, it just needs to be more equal!! Please ignore the real life climate around that sexualization.

Heartbreaking to hear about this. It's not exactly easy for women anywhere but I didn't know before now that SK had such a big issue with this.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Yeesh, people in the other thread trying to downplay the objectification of the character designs weren't kidding when they said it was tame compared to the company's previous work.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Published by Sony Interactive Entertainment. I mean it's not that hard doing the due diligence here so what did Sony see in this? I thought the music sounded pretty dope but you can't isolate stuff like that from the product so sucks...

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
There's a game in South Korea called Guardian Tales where a character called another character a "whore". The company thought it was insensitive so they changed it to "clown".

The game was then boycotted, mass refunded, and the star rating on the app stores crashed.

All over changing one word in a story.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow not even surprised by this but it still sucks.

I didn't think the trailer was too bad but maybe I need to watch it again. Seemed to be very similar to Bayonetta but this seems to getting more flack.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
No that's not true I don't believe it who could have seen this coming.

It's an utter embarrassment that Sony continues to push this game. Genuinely foul. Might as well pay Illusion to port some of their shit to PSVR2 while you're at it.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Can't say I'm surprised. I like everything I've seen in the game, except for the main character. I'm tired of seeing these extremely sexualized female characters who happen to be very docile and quiet, instead of serious, independent and owning their sexuality. It seems to me like it's mostly insecure men who somehow like this type of female characters who seem submissive while heavily y sexualized.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Butt how can that be?! A game with such a tough and powerful and sensual and bubbly lead like this?

7e7af5d6f42b94cb88bf6c9dc4dda09629b82013.jpg

AbsA7lc.gif

UxW4idm.gif

Where there's smoke there's fire I guess. 🙄

Last edited:

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Dismissive Commentary, Antagonizing Other Users, and Long History of Similar Behavior; Prior Severe Bans for Dismissing Concerns of Bigotry and for Racism
Well i'm glad every era genius gets to feel good about their anime game burns while gamedev women in SK have to go through actual shit all the time.

Smitch

The Unshakable Resolve of "this guy are sick"
Apr 21, 2022
Yeah not suprise about this after watching the trailer, it's really fucked up