vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
The dialogue in that trailer was cringeworthy, just putting that out there
Traversal is tight though

Dec 11, 2017
Who can I blame for the dialogue?

EDIT: This came off very mean. Let me soften this by saying the writers are probably delivering exactly what Square Enix asked for.

Last edited:

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
McCreary on music keeps my faith.

e: Looking at writing credits, Allison Rhymer is probably the weakest link, but I'd say the writing for this game is not looking too good with that crew. Not at all a diverse crew.

Last edited:

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
I thought people had speculated Brandon Sanderson was working on this, guess not. Didn't Whitta mention a fantasy author being on the writing team or did I imagine that?

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
I also want to use this as a chance to say that McReary did the music for Battlestar Galactica aswell and you should all check that out too.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
eh, this may sound like heresey but I'm not too jazzed about the music

never liked bear mccreary's work

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I have zero expectations for the story after these trailers, sorry.

Gameplay looks cool though.

Nov 21, 2018
Hate to be that guy but as much as I wanna look forward to this game the idea of them using a black main character and not having any black writers(please correct me if I'm wrong) rubs me the wrong way

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
The dialogue wasn't great in the trailer but the full game could be way better in that regard. Felt like they were just trying their best to include as many mcu tier quips as possible for the trailer.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
hmm, looks like people can't relate to the protag

This gets dunked on, but FF: CHAOSman trailer gets a bunch of "bro, this is RAD lol."

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Oh really? Cool!
Todd Stashwick too? He was the original Sam Drake and was working on Star Wars with Amy.

Jan 9, 2018
Responses like this is why we are being fed Star Wars and marvel games
I for one think this looks fresh and interesting

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
No wonder it didn't feel like Square enix at all

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the dialogue in the trailer is just a matter of editing trying to hit you with the "wow I'm in another world" and overdramatizing it. It will probably be more natural in the game

It's a little over the top but I feel like people are overreacting to it

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I don't trust trailer dialogue anymore, it always comes off stilted and out of context.

Oct 27, 2017
I thought people had speculated Brandon Sanderson was working on this, guess not. Didn't Whitta mention a fantasy author being on the writing team or did I imagine that?
I'm actually surprised he hasn't partnered with a studio to work on a game. Especially give his crazy ability to juggle multiple writing projects at once.

Responses like this is why we are being fed Star Wars and marvel games
I for one think this looks fresh and interesting

But people complain about the Banter in those games too. In fact people shat on Avengers and the GOTG games!

ivalice

Banned
Sep 3, 2021
That explains the awful, quippy ThEy FlY nOw dialogue I guess.

Still interested. Liked a lot of what I saw otherwise. Love the protagonist, too!