MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
I maybe am just spoiled (?) by the PS4 version, but this seems super framey and just doesn't run well at all for me even in solo/squads (50s has known lag/framerate issues on all platforms right now) on top of looking super blurry. I'm sure this is miles better than playing on mobile though.

Sammy Samusu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beyonce's Womb
I'm curious about this as well. Will the built in Fortnite voice chat work if I plug in a headset to the audio port on the Switch? Won't be able to test until I get home and download it.
I downloaded the game but I can't matchmake. I checked the options though and there's nothing related to voice chat (like turn it on/off).

Oh Nintendo. You truly are special.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Been hitting the play button over and over for 15 minutes and getting nothing but errors. Probably wouldn't have played more than one match anyways due to the lack of gyro so I might as well go ahead and start Hollow Knight.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
I maybe am just spoiled (?) by the PS4 version, but this seems super framey and just doesn't run well at all for me even in solo/squads (50s has known lag/framerate issues on all platforms right now) on top of looking super blurry. I'm sure this is miles better than playing on mobile though.
i play fortnite on the pc in 4k/60fps and i can easily play this and enjoy it the same way. i hardly notice anything that can easily stop me from playing.

GangWarily

Oct 25, 2017
I skipped making an Epic Account and it seems like there's no way to logout at the moment. Sounds like I'm not missing out on much though.

nate

Oct 25, 2017
Its miles better on the pc, better framerate, graphics and most importantly control. Switch ver is only good because you can take it on the go, playing it docked when you have better options is a waste of time imo.

Peterc

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i think if it's the case they will fix it with updates

Christo750

May 10, 2018
I have no doubt this will be patched and improved but the 30 FPS is kinda disappointing. Still perfectly playable though.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
Yeah took me about five tries before I was able to get into a match (and died in circa 10 seconds)

From a very quick glance it seems to vary in terms of visuals in handheld, at times looking pretty alright. I did notice the anti aliasing artifacts similar to Xenoblade 2 at times though

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
My brother said the resolution is horrendous on his 1080p set, said it looks pixelated.

But it looks good in handheld mode

bdwnfn99

Oct 25, 2017
Cannot express how disappointed I am that Save the World didn't make the cut :(

Really, really hope that it'll make the jump soon enough.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
There's a message on the main lobby screen that says rebooting the game fixes matchmaking (which it did at least for me).

I could deal with the graphics being poor, especially since I imagine the appeal for most folks here is playing it on the go and this has to be better than mobile, but the constant lag/frame issues as well as sub-30 is a total dealbreaker for me personally. Like I'm spectating people right now and half of the audio isn't even working, and the other half is way delayed etc. I feel like they should have had this performing well at a solid 30 fps before putting this out.

Very curious to see the DF on this.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
There's a message on the main lobby screen that says rebooting the game fixes matchmaking (which it did at least for me).

I could deal with the graphics being poor, especially since I imagine the appeal for most folks here is playing it on the go and this has to be better than mobile, but the constant lag/frame issues as well as sub-30 is a total dealbreaker for me personally. Like I'm spectating people right now and half of the audio isn't even working, and the other half is way delayed etc. I feel like they should have had this performing well at a solid 30 fps before putting this out.

Very curious to see the DF on this.
To be fair the Switch version just launched.....doubt they are already at the end in terms of optimization and tweaks for that build. They made quite the development on other plattforms in the past - dont think Switch will be much different.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Wow so you can't like your account from PC because its already linked to the ps4?

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
They on Treehouse. Maybe they will talk about updates...

...probably not.

M-PG71C

Oct 29, 2017
I have it downloaded but I may wait a day or two and let the kinks work out before logging in lol

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
played a few rounds, pretty decent port overall.

on the 50v50 had a few lag moments. controls where good, characters at a distance okay looking (not as easy to shoot at as pc/ps4).

overall if you want a battle royale its a solid option

Oct 25, 2017
Signed up, ambushed a dude with a shotty, laughed about it, finished ninth.

All in all, not bad for my first game on Switch. I was on handheld and it felt good.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Is it possible to unlink the account from ps4 and tell Sony to fuck off?

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
Saying on Treehouse they are looking to integrate touch screen controls and some exclusive Nintendo features. Nice!

Voice chat via headphone jack!!!

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Just played a round on handheld so...

30FPS
Resolution seems non-native
aiming with the sticks is a pain!
The LOD is screwed. People far away suddenly disappear even if you are aiming at them, making it harder.