Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
its not just dragon ball and its not just fortnite OP, young people ruin everything

except the young people from the time i was young. we were the kool ones with a "K"

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
I jumped back in a few days ago after not playing most of the season and the dragonball items are a lot of fun. I've won a few games with kamehameha.

Yahsper

Oct 29, 2017
lol pretty much this but I will not dare to down play OPs concern.
I mean if you grow up with show X and then you see its universe/lore raped by capitalism, then it's legit if the little kid that is still inside you starts to feel a little bit violated.
Ah yes, famous communist charity project Shonen JUMP Magazine, where artists get full freedom to express themselves, far away from editorial meddling and capitalist worries like sales, merchandise and popularity contests, and with great working conditions.

Oct 27, 2017
Dragonball was already in the dumps by the Buu saga, GT had some minor ups (SSJ4) and mostly downs, and Super kept going down

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
The Faulconer score would be bad even if I liked the music because they decided kids wouldn't be able to handle a single second of silence with no music, so there's just constant synth droning in the background.

Kikuchi the GOAT anyway though

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super ruined Dragon Ball lol

You're about a decade late with the "DB is dead" take.

Kratos2098

Feb 18, 2022
Nah.

Super ruined Dragon Ball.
Bruce Faulconer ruined Dragon Ball.

Thanks for reading my weekly Bruce Faulconer opinion.
Bruce's music was amazing. I won't stand for this hate. I can't stand watching the show with the other music. It feels so lifeless and boring. So glad they used his music in the Legacy of Goku 2/Buu's Fury games on GBA too.

Last edited:

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
I was watching Dragon Ball parodies even before Youtube became the default platform for videos on the internet and it still never ruined Dragon Ball for me.
So regardless of how they handled the IP on Fortnite, there exists these barriers between what's canon, what's an official adaptation and the parodies, cameos or memes that exist. So for example when The Simpsons, South Park or Family Guy parody something, I try to see it from the lense of each of those shows.
But even with official adaptations, you have to see what they were going for in each case, as some are more serious than others.

With something like Fortnite in particular, I believe you need to disconnect a bit and approach it from the same angle as a kid playing with all their different toys at once. With so many pieces and the fact that these are just costumes and not the actual characters, it's the easiest way to see it for me.
9f41db8a8917283e94f453ae7e5bcd29.jpg

This is not like say, Sonic, where the canon material turns the character into a parody of themselves over time.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The secret is to not care about Fortnite.
If you followed your own advice you wouldn't have been drawn into this thread. 😏
I can't stand watching the show with the other music. It feels so lifeless and boring.
Honestly feels the other way around to me. The Japanese soundtrack has way more variation and some downright jaunty tracks and a wide variety of instruments, where as Faulconers score all sounds like the same drawn out bass strumming. Like it all sounds incredibly one-note. Not gonna hate on Faulconer fans if that's their jam but personally when I think about the Faulconer score I cringe a little.
Super brought DB back to life.
I mean, sure, but that doesn't say anything about it's quality. That's like saying Dr. Frankenstein brought a patchwork corpse back to life. Is the being any better for it?

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Lmao imagine all the IP's ruined if you let their inclusion in Fortnite hinder you from enjoying them

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
You say these things yet you cared enough to make your thoughts known in a thread about two things you supposedly don't care about. How curious!

It takes only a couple seconds to open this thread and out of curiosity see what the complaint was. It's not so curious that you have to try to read into it beyond my base comments.

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
something about running solo and all you hear in the distance is JP KA MEH HA-

though i am over the clouds being in the game it's too good for getting away

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
I'm probably in the minority but I'd rather play Fortnite with the original characters and normal guns/gear.
But that's just me…

aloner

Jun 30, 2021
Australia
It's dumb, but so are like half to 3/4 the things Dragon Ball comes out with - it's just a dumb video game bit of silliness that some fans will enjoy - I don't think Dragon Ball is really a thing that needs fan gatekeeping purity tests

Prefty

Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I have a solution for you and everyone else that will make your life happier.

Don't play Fortnite

Prefty

Banned
Jun 4, 2019

Is just a joke for the OP and anyone else that might agree.

I know Fortnite is a legit good game and respect anyone that enjoys it

DRock

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, sure, but that doesn't say anything about it's quality. That's like saying Dr. Frankenstein brought a patchwork corpse back to life. Is the being any better for it?
Way better than where it was with GT and that Heroes madness. Didn't see the new movie yet so no comment there.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
Toriyama ruined Dragon Ball. He should study what makes a shonen story continuously interesting and an example being Hunter x Hunter. Learn from Togashi. Goku being in yet another game is not what ruined the IP.