• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the four new road race sprints are great (and just what the doctor ordered, feel like that was a weaker category as far as FH5's events go).

I wish the Eventlab potential for their starting grids were a bit more useful (one is great, one is basically pointless, and the other two are kinda meh), but not going to complain when the horizon routes themselves are really fun and use a lot of road not touched by other official races.

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
Dunno if anyone else is playing on Windows with an Xbox Series controller, but it seems like impulse triggers aren't as intense since the latest update? I'm barely getting any trigger rumble when I'm putting down too much power or when I start to drift.
Solved this by disabling vibration in the options, *returning to the game*, then going back into the options menu to reactivate it.

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
Coming this Thursday:
GMA T.50 (Fan car) - From community gift thing
Another unknown new car from the gifting

From weeklies:
Lotus 2-Eleven
Morgan Aero GT
Subaru GRZ '22
Lotus 340R

Fast and Furious Paid Pack

4 more from unknown means, all old school racers (Might just be autoshow):
1958 Aston Martin DBR1
1970 Ferrari 512 S
1966 Porsche 906 Carrera 6
1953 Jag C-Type

Next season announced as well

Weekly cars:

McLaren 12C
Aston Martin DBS
Koenigsegg CCX
Lykan Hypersport
Pagani Huayra
Merc 280SL
GTA Spano
Fiat Dino

DasRavenEra

Oct 27, 2017
RDU
Coming this Thursday:
GMA T.50 (Fan car) - From community gift thing
Another unknown new car from the gifting

From weeklies:
Lotus 2-Eleven
Morgan Aero GT
Subaru GRZ '22
Lotus 340R

Fast and Furious Paid Pack

4 more from unknown means, all old school racers (Might just be autoshow):
1958 Aston Martin DBR1
1970 Ferrari 512 S
1966 Porsche 906 Carrera 6
1953 Jag C-Type

Second gifting car is the Aston Valkyrie.
Old school racers are autoshow for this series and Forzathon shop next series.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
The month of "winter" was a really misguided choice if the only way they could make it happen is a loading screen every damn time you launch the game, which is then followed by the slow drop of events on the map. I wouldn't complain if there was actual benefit to the mood (i.e. if we were talking about 4's map), but it's so not worth it for just the bit of snow atop of the volcano to be there in freeroam.

Aside from that, the new decorations are cool and Winter Wonderland's a fun little circuit.

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
OiHsW7Z.jpeg

Shame the Supervan is paid DLC

Stackboy

Oct 25, 2017
Thrillsville, Brisvegas
Anyone else hopeful for a FH6 announcement at the Xbox Showcase this year? I know Fable will probably be out end of this year and it's the same dev, so maybe it's unlikely, but I would be so keen on a new FH. I still come back to FH5 weekly.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Anyone else hopeful for a FH6 announcement at the Xbox Showcase this year? I know Fable will probably be out end of this year and it's the same dev, so maybe it's unlikely, but I would be so keen on a new FH. I still come back to FH5 weekly.

Playground Games has two teams. One for Forza related things and the other working on Fable, so there shouldn't really be an overlap or delay in terms of production.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017

I'm kind of hoping 6 will be the new 4 and that there will be a bigger overhaul of the game formula this time around. No idea what that means for production timelines but I'm willing to wait longer if we get something fresh rather than just FH4/5 in a new locale.

Though on the other hand, with Motorsport shitting the bed, I wouldn't mind a new Horizon sooner if Playground decided to stick with what works. FH5-2 would still be a damned sight better than what happened with Motorsport.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
I've not logged in the FH5 for a while but I'd really love them to do some more DLCs/locales.

Yeah you and me but their budget probably was only for two expansions and they're not planning a third even with all the new cars and content they've been adding to the game.

I always play at least once a week for the new cars on the playlist.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017

HOLY SHIT. ROAD ASSETS. And they're snappable! I forgot that got added in a past update.

I wonder how difficult it would be to make your own city somewhere in the Mexican desert, lol. This definitely brings us one step closer. Can't remember if you still need to start an event at one of the predefined race start points though (I know Event Island exists, of course, but it'd be nice to have an in-between option so you didn't have to craft all of your landscape from scratch too).

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
I love the work they are doing on event lab. finally some banked turns and elevations and grippy pavement!

I hope more pieces continue to come out.

I'm going to out myself as a boomer but we are getting closer to my modern Stunts track design dream. Boy, if we could share tracks offline in the future I think FH5 could live on forever like Stunts (albeit with a much larger fan base lol)!

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how difficult it would be to make your own city somewhere in the Mexican desert, lol. This definitely brings us one step closer. Can't remember if you still need to start an event at one of the predefined race start points though (I know Event Island exists, of course, but it'd be nice to have an in-between option so you didn't have to craft all of your landscape from scratch too).
You still do need predefined race point. There's also the prefab parts to make the process go easier

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
My game is broken again. Can't access the FH5 server so no tunes, paints, mail, auction house, event labs etc... Multiplayer still works as does solo.

Tried every google suggestion, reset the app, reset the game, firewalls, reset router/pc, repaired everything, logged in and out, started logged out etc... Nothing.

Not just me at least:

Last edited:

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
No issues here.

I was enjoying this week's playlist so much that i did the 80 points needed for the drag car without even noticing.