• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
KOsv8R9.png

🙃

Is this on Windows? I bought the premium pack on Series X and I only have 2 placeholders for the expansions, no VIP orçar pack yet.

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
If you're in EU you can purchase the Bundle in the Iceland store with your local CC. Early access plus access to the expansions and car packs made me buy it. It came around €28.50.

Cheers for this. I wasn't going to get the premium bundle until it had come down in price but this put it low enough for me to jump on it now.

DisturbedSwan

Oct 25, 2017
Hampshire, UK.
Bit the bullet on the Premium Pass with Game Pass as I wouldn't of been able to play it until the 12th otherwise and that was longer than I could bare.

Bring on Friday!

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
I mean any reason you want to go to ms store? Unless you want it with gamepass? Or it being play anywhere?
Lack of pre-download so far for Steam is one, as even with the horrendous unlocking length it'll still require me to do the the old "stay up until midnight, hit download, fall asleep" routine. So either way the same situation pans out, except 100gb could take more than my sleep at the moment.
The other is concerns about the Steam version based on FH4. I know that FH4's Steam version wasn't developed by PG but since FH4 worked mostly flawlessly on the MS Store, it's a risk taken nonetheless?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Lack of pre-download so far for Steam is one, as even with the horrendous unlocking length it'll still require me to do the the old "stay up until midnight, hit download, fall asleep" routine. So either way the same situation pans out, except 100gb could take more than my sleep at the moment.
The other is concerns about the Steam version based on FH4. I know that FH4's Steam version wasn't developed by PG but since FH4 worked mostly flawlessly on the MS Store, it's a risk taken nonetheless?
legit reasons. Maybe have gamepass for 1 buck if you dont have it already. Play FH5 there and then move to Steam after people played the version?

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
How does moving to Steam work after I've played a game on Gamepass work? I get that my save might not carry over but can I use the same gamertag ingame?

shinbojan

Oct 27, 2017
I've both Premium add-on, but I cannot install it ("administrator approval required for installation" message is shown).
I can install the standard edition, but I am not sure if I will be able to play it on Friday.
And to make things worse, in order to install it on my secondary drive, I have to change w11 storage settings, but then it warns me that other apps from that drive have to be deleted. Windows 11 is hell...

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Debating if I buy the VIP like I have with 4 + 3 but thinking just gamepass this time round.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Bought the VIP and Starter Pack.
Is the VIP thing permanent? Double credits rewards?

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
Bought the VIP and Starter Pack.
Is the VIP thing permanent? Double credits rewards?

Yup VIP is permanent. Double credits on races and weekly super wheel spins too! DJS I think made a video on the wheel spins in FH5 and he found that he was winning much more credits and cars compared to FH4, which seemed to love to give out clothing and dances. I know some people enjoy customizing their characters but I personally just care about the cars so this is good news.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Yup VIP is permanent. Double credits on races and weekly super wheel spins too! DJS I think made a video on the wheel spins in FH5 and he found that he was winning much more credits and cars compared to FH4, which seemed to love to give out clothing and dances. I know some people enjoy customizing their characters but I personally just care about the cars so this is good news.
Sweet!
Can't wait! The question is, do I start playing via xCloud on release day or do I wait until my Halo XSX arrives?

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
EVs are a joy to drive IRL, but it does come off as odd watching it play out in FH5 almost like the sound files are missing lolol. That thing absolutely zipped from 0-60 though
holy shit you're right. You cant even tell it is ON. FFS it is like a stealth car haha. Is it really like that IRL?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
holy shit your right. YOu cant even tell it is ON. FFS it is like a stealth car haha. Is it really like that IRL?
Yes. Well idk about the Porsche, but my last car and my gpa's Model Y sound like nothing. If you're outside and it's reversing you can kinda hear this wirrrrrrrr of the electric motor, but usually something like the ground and tires are louder.

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
Do note people aren't sure if that car is bugged in the preview build or if it genuinely has such quiet sound that it has virtually none. The other EV's are fine.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The Porsche does have some "fake" engine sound as mode in real life. Maybe that was not added yet for the preview build.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Just downloaded a 20GB update on my Series X preload. Seems to have reduced the overall file size by a couple of GB though

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
The Porsche does have some "fake" engine sound as mode in real life. Maybe that was not added yet for the preview build.

designed for low speeds though - anything about around 30mph and you mostly hear the tyre noise as it passes you. From the inside its tyre noise + wind noise (obv no engine) so they aren't silent and my model 3 actually seems noisier at motorway speeds than my previous BMW. modern (not sport) cars have pretty quiet engines and if they have good sound insulation that goes a long way

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
I gave in a bought the premium thing.
I always get the expansions anyway and I haven't met a FH game I didn't 100%, so I'm sure to get use out of it.

A little worried this won't look as good as all the hype, after seeing some of the videos. I've been playing FH4 on XSX lately and I can't really see it getting much prettier than that?
Need to see FH5 running at home to really appreciate it, I guess.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
I always get the expansions anyway and I haven't met a FH game I didn't 100%, so I'm sure to get use out of it.

A little worried this won't look as good as all the hype, after seeing some of the videos. I've been playing FH4 on XSX lately and I can't really see it getting much prettier than that?
Not sure how you can't see FH5 looking better. The previews I've seen look even better than 4 running maxed out on my PC, which already looks better than the game on the Series X

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil

The biggest improvement is definitely the lighting system IMO. It looks a lot more lifelike than in FH4 imo. Can't wait to play it.

Zep

Jul 12, 2021
Forza_Horizon_5_pre_order_editions.jpg

Can someone explain the last one to me? It says Gamepass without the game…So does it mean you get the premium addons through gamepass if you purchase the game?

shadewolf

Oct 27, 2017
Forza_Horizon_5_pre_order_editions.jpg

Can someone explain the last one to me? It says Gamepass without the game…So does it mean you get the premium addons through gamepass if you purchase the game?

For that edition you're purchasing all of the bonuses/DLC without the base game, assuming you're going to be playing the game via a Gamepass sub. That's what I did, and will probably pick up the base game on sale at some point down the line if I decide to let my Gamepass lapse.

shadewolf

Oct 27, 2017
I'm also super hyped for this, I picked up a physical copy of FH1 on eBay that just came in today, and it holds up surprisingly well, having never played it before.

I spent a bunch of time this weekend revisiting FH3 too, cleaning up tons of stuff that I never did - pretty enjoyable despite being locked to 30fps on console.

I should probably slow down so I don't burn myself out before FH5 releases!

Last edited:

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
For that edition you're purchasing all of the bonuses/DLC without the base game, assuming you're going to be playing the game via a Gamepass sub. That's what I did, and will probably pick up the base game on sale at some point down the line if I decide to let my Gamepass lapse.
Not a bad idea. Would purchasing that add the DLC retroactively if I purchased the base game later and got rid of Gamepass?

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not a bad idea. Would purchasing that add the DLC retroactively if I purchased the base game later and got rid of Gamepass?
You would just continue your progress, i normally buy the ultimate edition but I'm just buying the premium dlc and than I'll buy the base game eventually as well.

Zep

Jul 12, 2021
Ok got it. Since I have gamepass, I can purchase the premium addons bundle for $45 and play it early along with everything else that comes in the $100 version.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone interested in using/participating in a Collaborative Spotify playlist? I tried with FH4, but it didn't go that well and I think that's because I tried mimicking the FH radio stations and had separate playlists for all the genres. This time I want to just try one collab playlist to drive to. I made one for Tony Hawk Pro Skater Remake and it was great. It was all I listened to when playing that game and it was great listening to songs the community here picked. If anyone would like to give it a shot, here's a link to the playlist.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3AkpeZ3iazjx2A4BLW6Tz0?si=0ade93dd4a894a9c

With the THPS Remake playlist I added all the songs that were in the game as well, but with this one I'm going to just start from scratch. If there is a song that's already in the game that you love please feel free to add it to the playlist though. If there's any song you like to drive to add it to the list. Don't ever really have any rules for what to contribute. I guess I would just advise against adding an entire album or something like that. Would love to have a community playlist of hundreds of songs to drive to. If it's something you think you would listen to start adding some songs!

Last edited:

Maika_Fan

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else have a 20gb update sitting there saying queued? I'm guessing it'll automatically start downloading on release day?

Edit: never mind, I inserted a different game which needed an update and then the Forza update started!

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Before you play Forza Horizon 5, make sure you have the latest drivers and firmware for your wheel. Your wheel may work great with games that came out 1 or 2 years ago, even Forza games - that doesn't mean it'll work with a new game.

Logitech[www.logitechg.com]
For Logitech users, especially G920 and G29, you have to install the Logitech Software from the website; this is quite important, if you don't install it, the G920 is picked up as a different vendor product identifier (VIDPID) and its functionality in the game is compromised, both for FFB and for buttons/switches.
  • Driving Force
  • G25
  • G27
  • G29
  • G920
  • G923PS
  • G923XB
  • Momo

Thrustmaster[www.thrustmaster.com]
Thrustmaster requires users install its latest drivers and firmware.
  • Ferrari 458 (Xbox console only)
  • T150 RS
  • T300 RS
  • T500 RS
  • TMX (Xbox console only)
  • T-GT
  • TS-XW (Xbox console only)
  • TX (Xbox console only)
  • TS-PC

Fanatec[fanatec.com]
Fanatec requires to install the Fanatec driver for the relative products from their website and you need to update the firmware manually following their instructions.
  • V1
  • V2
  • V2.5
  • CSL
  • CSL DD
  • DD1
  • DD2
  • Universal HUB device

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
Question about the different versions. Do I understand it right, if I bought the Deluxe Edition, I get the Game plus the first future Car expansion, but NO free cars, free money, etc.? I always dislike getting freebie things with special editions, I want to unlock everything myself.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Question about the different versions. Do I understand it right, if I bought the Deluxe Edition, I get the Game plus the first future Car expansion, but NO free cars, free money, etc.? I always dislike getting freebie things with special editions, I want to unlock everything myself.
No deluxe only gives the free extra cars with the car pass. For expansions and everything else its Premium