eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
If you have the ssd space i'd say reinstall now to play the Nordschleife and wait to see what changes are coming in the next update in March.

Space is indeed an issue but I'm about to wrap AW2 (I think?) and it's not a game I can see myself replaying anytime soon; in the cold storage it goes!
I should be able to move FM to internal again thrn

skobuffs

Mar 21, 2021
I hadn't really played much beyond the intro cup when it came out, for no particular reason, I was having a blast even with all the flaws. I picked it up again this week and Im having a great time. Sim racers really haven't been something I've ever liked, so this is the first one I'm really getting into one and finally learning how to drive correctly. I think Forza Horizon helped ease me into it. Honestly, the way it's set up right now is perfect for me. Basically being forced to learn the cars and tracks with the practice laps has really opened my eyes.

I have 1,000,000+ whatever the in game currency is called and I think that's enough to get any car I wanted. Are there any must haves?

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Private multiplayer meet ups with friends are where I really enjoy this game. Testing and tuning different cars, and then trying out those cars in races with all the driving aids forced off.

I wish there was a simulation only mode in featured multiplayer.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Private multiplayer meet ups with friends are where I really enjoy this game. Testing and tuning different cars, and then trying out those cars in races with all the driving aids forced off.

I wish there was a simulation only mode in featured multiplayer.
I'm not a huge MP Forza player, but my best MP experiences since Forza 2 were all in private MP sessions.

There's no beating like-minded players willing to play (more-or-less) cleanly.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone comment on how substantial the AI changes are with the recent update?

I haven't played the game (or any video games really) in months, but it'd be nice to jump back in for some racing.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Had a weird glitch at dawn where all lighting turned off 🤣

AI seems a bit better at race start yes.

Though not by much.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
On PC I'm getting some flicking with the lighting.

Edit: This was with HDR on, fine with it off. Possibly issue with my PC/monitor rather than the game.

Last edited:

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Game still kinda runs bad on pc. It's hard to dial in settings. The options are so confusing

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
I found the previous patch did a lot to improve performance on my laptop.

It was working out what Dynamic Rendering did that helped me tune things. It's an overall detail level on top of all the other settings you make.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
So, I reinstalled the game after 3 months, the game was running fine I played 2-3 hrs of multiplayer then all of a sudden performance tanked it dipped to 20-30 fps and eventually crashed. (memory leak?) It's a shame to see the PC version is still having serious issues, as a gamepad user I prefer FM multiplayer over GT7 even though most of the other stuff is better in that game.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Does anyone have a 5800X3D (or any X3D CPU)? I'm wondering if I should just upgrade my 5600X to an X3D chip as a bit of an upgrade for these CPU heavy titles. FM on PC still seems to be less than ideally performing on the CPU front and idk when/if that'll get addressed. Which is odd bc the consoles run perfectly fine at 60 FPS.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Played a bit more and jumped into the V6 combustion tour, WTF did they do to the sound of the R34 Skyline!? It's sounds just awful, I flipped back and forth between this and FH5 to confirm I wasn't crazy and yeah, I don't know what T10 was thinking when fucking with these engine notes but wow this particular car is a shocking downgrade. FH5 did these engine notes so well, and even a lot of cars exhaust notes changed when you upgrade the exhaust system and air intake and you can test that when you're upgrading. All of that is gone from FM and it's one of the most baffling decisions they made in this game, I just don't get it.

twinturbo2

Oct 27, 2017
Jupiter, FL
I wish they would add the tracks from the Sega F355 Challenge game into Forza. Motegi, Long Beach, Sugo, Monza, Sepang and Atlanta Motor Speedway.

Maybe add Imola as well.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got a chance to look at the patch notes from yesterday for Update 7. Good stuff, and a lot of improvements.

File-size shrink on both console and PC, pretty meaningful CPU optimization all-around, proximity-arrow improvements, Grand Prix and Indy Circuits for Brands Hatch, and some race rule adjustments (among other changes). New retro tours look good. Update 8 coming mid-May.

Folie

Dec 16, 2017
I didn't try the previous update, but now it finally runs well for me on PC (7900xtx and 5800x). I was having drops to 40ish fps previously even at 1440p, rock solid now and no crashes. Good to see the improvement. Still not jiving with the handling compared to GT7, but now it's a matter of taste rather than the game not working properly.

magimix

Dec 9, 2018
Some of the latest race series in particular have made me *very* glad that T10 pulled their heads out of their arses enough to just let people nab a tune and seamlessly buy whatever CP is needed for the required parts, regardless of car level.

For 'Rulebook Racers' I picked the 1984 Nisssan #11 Tomica Skyline Turbo Super Silhouette, and holy *crap* that thing was just undrivably fierce. Trying to race that thing around Brands Hatch was just... Skill-issue, to be sure, but mostly I'm able to adapt to a car eventually, but not in this case. And then I nabbed a tune. Not some super-duper game-breaking thing; just something that smoothed out some of the rough edges for me.

And it made me sit back and ruminate on how badly they messed up with how things initially worked in FM8, and just how important to me downloading tunes was in other Forza games. In any Forza Horizon game, and previous Forza Motorsports game, any time I got a new car, I would go looking for a cool car design, and some fun tune (generally one that keeps a car in its stock class, unless I had some specific gimmick/purpose in mind).

I'm not a desginer, nor a tuner, but being able to enjoy the fruits of the work of designers and tuners was a big part of the game.

In FM8, I basically didn't bother with downloading tunes at all. By virtue of how the campaign is structured, by the time a given car was levelled such that I might be able to use someone else's tune, I was done with that car and moving on anyway.

Anyway, glad it isn't an issue anymore, and thank you to all the tuners out there.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017

The game looks reeally good in its current state. On PC I realized I needed to crank my render resolution to supersample (which was pretty easy given how much GPU overhead it tends to leave on capable systems) to get the IQ I prefer, and the console versions (even Series S) have been in great shape more generally throughout the various updates. For my taste, the "Performance" mode looks tons better than the "Performance RT" mode on console.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
The game looks reeally good in its current state. On PC I realized I needed to crank my render resolution to supersample (which was pretty easy given how much GPU overhead it tends to leave on capable systems) to get the IQ I prefer, and the console versions (even Series S) have been in great shape more generally throughout the various updates. For my taste, the "Performance" mode looks tons better than the "Performance RT" mode on console.
Perf RT drops the resolution quite a bit I think so that makes sense.

I also supersample on PC but I feel like even with DLAA it doesn't look quite as crisp as I'd like. Maybe because I'm at 1440P. Though the patch notes said DLSS bug was fixed so maybe that helps. I did one race the other day and it looked good but I need to play more.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Figured out what my problem was. My resolution was set to Auto for scaling which caused it to be lower than I'd like (flickering in the Menu lobby etc). Setting it to 100% with DLAA and the image is SUPER clean.

py5nkGp.png

DDXOPDy.png

twinturbo2

Oct 27, 2017
Jupiter, FL
I have a question about the achievements. There are two achievements in multiplayer for getting 5 and 10 races in a row with an S safety rating, and I thought those would be tough. Then I came across this YouTube video, and thought, it's not as hard as I thought.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZZVyli4N9A
Am I overthinking this, or should I do it like it's laid out in the video and move on?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I have a question about the achievements. There are two achievements in multiplayer for getting 5 and 10 races in a row with an S safety rating, and I thought those would be tough. Then I came across this YouTube video, and thought, it's not as hard as I thought.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZZVyli4N9A
Am I overthinking this, or should I do it like it's laid out in the video and move on?

i got mine naturally. every race I do I get an S rank it seems

twinturbo2

Oct 27, 2017
Jupiter, FL
i got mine naturally. every race I do I get an S rank it seems
I just finished an hour-long session of multiplayer sticking to the qualifying series with the Honda Civic race car while following the video. I got the achievement for five races in a row with an S safety rating, and quit for the day with seven in a row. I also got an achievement for finishing on the podium after two guys in front of me crashed then rage quit on me, lol.

twinturbo2

Oct 27, 2017
Jupiter, FL
All right, got the 10 consecutive S safety rankings in multiplayer, along with a pole, podium finish and changing tires mid race. 300 laps in multiplayer should come naturally, and the wording for the "gain 12 positions in any multiplayer race" achievement makes me think I can get that one in a private lobby.

twinturbo2

Oct 27, 2017
Jupiter, FL
Does anyone have any tips on the Influencer and Setting the Standard achievements? I'm not good with designing liveries and I use other people's tunes.

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
Was there not supposed to be a content update this week?

Not seeing anything new in the game.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
The game feels in very good shape now. Not perfect, but definitely a lot better than launch. Though I still think it looks better on any platform with the ray tracing off.

I still think it completely lacks character, atmosphere, or any sense of fun. I really don't like the overall design of GT7, it's too 90s Japanese to me, but at least it has a character to criticise.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
The game feels in very good shape now. Not perfect, but definitely a lot better than launch. Though I still think it looks better on any platform with the ray tracing off.

I still think it completely lacks character, atmosphere, or any sense of fun. I really don't like the overall design of GT7, it's too 90s Japanese to me, but at least it has a character to criticise.
Agree with the character. FM3 or even FM4 peaked there for me. It was colorful and beautiful,with tracks to remember.
The subsequent games were fine, but the series started to feel lifeless for me.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Agree with the character. FM3 or even FM4 peaked there for me. It was colorful and beautiful,with tracks to remember.
The subsequent games were fine, but the series started to feel lifeless for me.

It might have helped if they'd kept the garage from the invite multiplayer test, which you could actually walk around.

BCRg8qE.jpg

0tcZu2e.jpg